Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gradient Effect

anyone can do this well? share yr tips.

gradient as in the different tones/colours on one nail? if it is, yup i do it and it's my favourite way of painting my nails.
    the easiest way is to do a light shade of a colour and the tip would be the darkest.
    the minimum number of nail polishes (i think) u can use is 3. here's how i would do it(e.g using purple).
    1. paint the whole nail a light shade of purple. 2 coats.
    2. using a sheer purple shade, sweep the brush from 3/4 of the nail up. don't worry about painting a straight line because it wouldnt look as nice when it's so straight and rigid. build up the intensity of it as you wish (something like putting blusher!)
    3. using a dark shade of purple that is only slightly darker than your second colour (it should be sheer as well-easier to work with) and paint from 1/2 - 1/4 of the nail up. (by 1/2 - 1/4 meaning the strokes would be uneven and not straight). by now, you should see three different shades of purple.
    4. lastly, i finish off with sparkly, glittery tips.

i usually make the gradient effect as subtle as possible, so that there wouldn't be 3 shocking, distinct different colours on my nails. it's important to have the right nail polishes for this effect!
    the last time i did it, my 1st colour was red, 2nd colour was a sheer red-pink colour, 3rd was a sheer reddish-pink-orange colour with subtle shimmers and i finished off with gold glitter tips. haha..sounds quite gaudy but it looked really pretty (many of my friends and relatives complimented on my nails.). oh, it was for chinese new year. haha.

sorry if my description sucks and you don't understand what i'm trying to say! hth!

Comment

ooh no!! i just did my nails, plain as no time.

wow!! your detailed instruction sounds Pro , sounds tough too. hee....i try this weekend & update. me think 1st few time sure punctured one

so much again

Comment

haha no problem! let me know how it goes!

Comment

PN's webbie shows instructions on how to achieve it. They make it look so easy! They also do the french manicure design.

Comment

http://www.shiseido.co.jp/pn/product...echnique04.htm

link above is what Glossie was referring to. Click on the button next to the 3rd finger image and you'll see a demo to how it's done.

Comment

Oopss... can't access the link dear ...

Comment

i wanted to try doing this also.. but could never pull this off.. i think my nail art sucks.. haha.. any picture to show?

Comment

Anyone knows which semi-transparent colours from Missha or TFS is good to do this effect with? Other then TFS rollicky ruby.

Comment

I did this for CNY..
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...5/IMG_1876.jpg

Comment

vernis do you mean such patterns too? Not that difficult to do I learnt from PN previously too.

Start with a very thin layer of the glitter polish on the nails (make sure no glitter get picked)
                      Then at mid way of the nails, apply another layer, this will be slightly thicker than the first coat
                      Lastly, near the tips of the nails, brush on a thick coat, remember to pick up more glitters.

That's it, HTHs!

Comment

must the colour be almost alike? quite difficult to do..

Comment

can't access the website too
                          want to see "live" demo

Comment

Yes PN is officially off Shisedo's current line, so no more video!

emotus, yes, I used the same bottle to produce this effect. Really not that difficult, go try it!

Comment

wow BEE...u are fantastic. Can use i bottle to do it. I normally use 3 different bottles.

Comment

Working...
                              X