French Manicures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Manicures

Does anyone know how to do DIY french manicure?

Sally Hansen has french manicure sets that includes the tapes. Stick the tape horizontally accross your nails, with the edge of tape ending at the line you would like to have it white. Apply 2 layers of opaque white nail polish at the tip ('cut off' by the tape). Let dry, then remove tape. This gives you the white nail tips. Paint it all over (inclusive of the white tips) with few coats of clear polish- voila- Basic French manicure! I DIY-ed this before with sally hansen sets long time ago and the results are pretty good.

Comment

or you can just get a nice nude pink and an opaque white nail polish and experiment on your own

Comment

Thanks!
        do u have to have long nails or square nails to carry this off?.. :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by iamapig
          Thanks!
          do u have to have long nails or square nails to carry this off?.. :huh:
          Not necessary square-tipped, but you'll need some minimum length to carry it off because ifyou have very short nails, there'll be little 'space' for the white tips, and that'll make your nails look short.

Comment

I usually do mine without the white tapes because i realised that they look alittle unnatural as the white part is too straight. What i usually do it to line the tip of the nail horizontally with a steady hand, try this several times and you'll get the hang of it soon.

Comment

sounds very challenging!

Comment

All you need is practice and more practice! :wheee:

Comment

its sure super challenging... i always did mine halfway then realise their ugly, clean them, redo, then clean and redo...
                  when its finally done, i will find them cannot-make-it and decide bare nails are the best... and reach out for the nail polish remover again...

Comment

i guess for those gals who have white fingernails tips.. (as in real white), they look good wif just a shine.. looks like a very natural DIY french manicure..

Comment

I have tried DIY too. Not that bad but result is definitely not as good as someone doing it for you.

Comment

is the DIY difficult to apply??

Comment

I have no patience and I'm all thumbs....DIY not worth the hassle for me, I'd rather pamper myself and let someone else do it so I get a professional finish!

If you like the simple 'clean' look of a French and you have nice white tips to start with, then Snow Angel's idea of applying just a coat or 2 of a clear-ish neutral polish is a less stressful and equally chic option. Try Essie's Sold Out Show.

Comment

Originally posted by BaByLuV
                            is the DIY difficult to apply??
                            To me a nice french manicure is where the white tip has a smilie shape. And not the straight white line across. Hence to do a nice smilie on yourself is not easy...well, it's not that difficult to perfect the normal straight white tip DIY with lotsa practices. I have not tried the Sally Hansen pack but no harm trying for those who like to DIY. Have fun! Those who like french manicures can take note of the the next time your nail technician does it for you.

Comment

i bought the french manicure kit today.

Comment

Working...
                              X