Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Stop Biting!!

any suggestions to stop biting nails?

haha i stop biting after i put on braces =)

but there are some nail vanish which are bitter to stop you from biting, got it for xmas present last year. =)

Comment

My mom used to rub red chilli on my thumb to stop me from sucking my thumb when I was a little toddler, and it worked! I'm not too sure if the red chilli will 'burn' your fingers though... but it proved very effective for me!

Comment

Originally posted by are_you_sure79
        any suggestions to stop biting nails?
        I was a terrible terrible nail-biter when I was very young. it got really serious and developed some problems because of it,but I'm too embarassed to say it here.
        The doctor prescribed me something which helped a bit,can't recall what,I was too young.
        But really,nail-biting can be very serious,just imagine all the *germs* that are going into your body. if you care for your health,don't do it! Keep that in mind.
        I've never bitten my nails since.

Comment

U can buy those nail polish thingy which u can apply on ur nails to stop u from biting.
          My dad bought *** for himself and he said whenever he feel like bitting his nail and when he did, the nails will have horrible taste which turn him offf...

Comment

ya i've heard of this stuff as well.
            i heard from my secondary school english teacher that the smell is so repulsive that, when she painted her daughter's nails with that stuff, even her own hands smell of it.

n that stuff cured her daughter of the nails biting habit within a week.

Comment

i used to bite my nails when i was really young too. i stopped biting my nails after my sis applied some clear nail hardener because it tasted really gross. actually, most nail polishes taste bad, so if your case of nail biting isn't that extreme, just apply coats of polishes! and the prettiness of your nails may stop you from biting too! haha

Comment

put on nail polish.. and will stop biting..

Comment

hmmm i will peel off the nail polish hahaha usually i bite more when i m stressed especially during exams. when i start thinking, i will just subconsciously start biting my nail.

Comment

lol yeah...i put nail polish...but then once i get nervous or excited , i'll keep biting jus that i dun eat the nails. lol. but still got germs i ***...this bad habit of mine has been going on and off...

Comment

Just a suggestion : get a manicure at a nail spa and have some nail art done. Choose those 3D designs (maybe something as extreme as feathers.... hahaha....), It will make it less convenient to bite your nails. And you might consciously stop yourself from biting, to avoid ruining the nice nail arts.

Comment

applied the base coat on my fingernails, have stopped biting ever since YAY!

Comment

Yessss. Base Coatsss. Its really effective. Everytime I look at my sheen on my nails, I naturally stop Biting. ;p

Comment

uhh i bite even when i have nail polish on = \

Comment

sephirias, Maybe you can try nail extension.
                              After spending a bomb, you might not want to bite your nice and pretty extended nails. HTHs
                              Last edited by JiaQing; 15-07-2008, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X