Sjal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sjal

pan bought orbe & been using it nightly, keiko bought the nite moisturizer(or is it the other?). anyone else tried & love/hate this?

the nite moisturizer seems to bite me but no redness or breakouts. is this normal? or shld i stay clear?

the nite moisturizer seems to bite me but no redness or breakouts. is this normal? or shld i stay clear?
    the kura intuitif does not bite me. perhaps your skin is sensitive? i haven't started on it yet since the last time i finished the sample pot cos i'm on retin-A at the moment. mum has been using it and loves it cos it keeps her skin hydrated and supple.

i used it together with the day moisturizer (cela intuitif) the last time. they cleared the mini breakout that i was having near my chin and jawline and evens out the skintone. i don't know which one (cela or kura) is working better for me. cela is for cell renewal and kura is for cell repair.

i love the texture of the cela, light and easily absorbed into the skin. kura is much richer for my oily skin so i intend to use it only on drier areas like cheeks and around the eyes. will report again once i try the kura on its own.

Comment

I have a sample of the Kura...too scared to try it in case I break out big time...will wait for Keiko's report!

Comment

Tried the sample too and in the end my mum bought it. But I stopped using it.. Dun think I need it as much as mum and since it is so ex, dun want to steal hers.

I like the cela, thought the kura was too rich for my skin. I used the cela as a night cream every nigt for like 1 week plus and it was miraculous. Cleared my clogged pores a lot and stopped my peeling and kept my face moisturised without too oily. I broke out a bit when I started with the Kura. So passed it on to mum. It worked very well for her. Now she is using all 3.

Tried the orbe as well. It was very good for my terrible dark eye circles. But I have this psychological problem with dealing with my dark eye circles. Once they are gone, i start imagining that I don't need sleep... and then I start geting tired and fall sick. So no choice.. had to stop using it.

Not that it got rid of the dark problem totally, but it became a lot lighter even after 1 night. I used it for about a week... then I fell sick from lack of rest. =P

Comment

How do we get a sample of these miracle day night creams from Sjal???

Comment

Just walk to the counter and ask for one politely. They wld give it to you. I find the kura cream too rich for our weather. Only used this overseas and it work wonder. Have not tried the Cela one though.

Comment

The last time I asked for samples of Sjal, I was told they do NOT give out samples of Orbe. However, they do have samples of Cela and Kura, thoughtfully vacuumed sealed in a plastic folder. However, if your SA is not so nice, she will only give these to you IF you buy something.

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

The last time I asked for samples of Sjal, I was told they do NOT give out samples of Orbe. However, they do have samples of Cela and Kura, thoughtfully vacuumed sealed in a plastic folder. However, if your SA is not so nice, she will only give these to you IF you buy something.
                heard the orbe samples were all dried out thus thrown away, for now with the hols, they seem not to be receiving any stock of samples or selling stock!

Comment

i got the kura intuitif sample and i LOVE it! not the price tho, o/w i'd snap it up. cleared my skin and gave it a glow (which i NEVER got with any other skincare)

didn't find it too rich or creamy, maybe because i used a v thin layer and only at night. kura can also be used as an eye cream right?

but at $400, my wallet is bleeding lah!

Comment

Originally posted by "vixette"

i got the kura intuitif sample and i LOVE it! not the price tho, o/w i'd snap it up. cleared my skin and gave it a glow (which i NEVER got with any other skincare)

didn't find it too rich or creamy, maybe because i used a v thin layer and only at night. kura can also be used as an eye cream right?
                    Yes, Kura can be used as an eye cream too. Cela can NOT, because it contains some acid which may irritate the sensitive eye area.

You've just reminded me I have a sample of Kura sitting pretty in my drawer....hmmm, time to give it a shot! :D

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by pandora76
                      Yes, Kura can be used as an eye cream too. </FONT SIZE>
                      i used kura as an eye cream, the few times i used, it bites! so freaking sharp pain but went away in a few seconds, too afraid to try on whole face!

Comment

ok here's my report after 3 weeks of use.

i use the kura around my eye area, no sting or bites. Eye area seems more moisturised and fine lines are softer but it didn't do much for a deeper line that i've got.

i only use kura on my face for about 2-3 times a week cos am afraid that it'll be too rich. no adverse effect.....that's good news....but got no wow effect either

i used the kura over a recent scar on my leg. Klutz ol' me walked into a bollard and ended up with a gash on my shin :roll: it did lighten the scar so i don't think it's justified paying $400 for a cream for scars on legs 8O

Personally i prefer the cela cos it's lighter and because it contains salicylic acid, it has exfoliating properties so face feels smoother. cela also clears up whatever little bumps that i had near my chin.

so will i buy it again? hmmm.........i would love to get the cela cos it works well for me but there are more reasons why i should not:

1. the $400 price tag is definitely a major reason
                        2. there are other products in the market that contains salicylic acid which i believe will help clear my skin
                        3. i'm 2 minds about stepping near escentials counter again after the not so pleasant service that me and some of my friends have experienced.

Comment

one thing about these luxury face/eye creams that makes me unwilling to spend - i'm 24 and using a $400 face cream...10-20 years down the road, how much more will i be spending on skincare???? will these even work by then?

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by bluebubble
                            one thing about these luxury face/eye creams that makes me unwilling to spend - i'm 24 and using a $400 face cream...10-20 years down the road, how much more will i be spending on skincare???? will these even work by then? </FONT SIZE>
                            hmmm 20 yrs down, it wld be regular botox jabs if u keep @ $400 miracle creams now! yes u are right, don't spend so much on nite cream, u can find cheaper alternative & depend on them, just need to bump around a bit more to find THE one!

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by bluebubble
                              one thing about these luxury face/eye creams that makes me unwilling to spend - i'm 24 and using a $400 face cream...10-20 years down the road, how much more will i be spending on skincare???? will these even work by then? </FONT SIZE>
                              *LOL* My response to that would be, DON'T WORRY! There will be newer, more potent products out by then!

This was exactly the same question my gal pal and I asked ourselves, when, at the tender age of 18, we embarked on skincare and started relying on Clinique's Turnaround cream and Elizabeth Arden's Illuminator. We asked ourselves, if we're only teenagers and we've become so reliant on these products, what on earth will save our skin when we're 40, and at what price???

Well, I'm not 40 yet, but I'm fast approaching the big 3-0, and since my teenage years, I've seen so many advances in product technology and at cosmetic treatment centers that I'm CONVINCED by the time I hit 40, there will be a slew of products out there, potent enough to treat my skin, and pocket-friendly too.

Comment

Working...
                              X