Oil Cleanser vs Milk Cleanser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Cleanser vs Milk Cleanser

those who have used both oil and milk cleansers, how do these different products affect your skin if at all?

i love oil cleansers coz they're so easy to use and don't break me out or anything

but lately i've been wondering if i'm using the wrong stuff coz i've pores the size of the grand canyon and would oil be aggravating this?

hmm interesting topic! i wanna know what's the diff too.

pinkify uses milk cleanser lots coz oil just *burns* her skin!

Comment

maybe that's why she has poreless skin

Comment

I definitely prefer oil over cleansing milk/cream anyday. Milk are just so icky to use.

I hate the fact that I have to tissue off the milk off. With oil, I just massage in & rinse off. Voila!

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by bluebubble
          maybe that's why she has poreless skin </FONT SIZE>
          hmmm yeah lah! milk cld be the saving grace!

Comment

so i suppose they don't make a difference to the appearance of your skin?

i guess most of us would agree with the ease and convenience of oil over milk cleanser any day but the question is do they make a difference to the appearance, texture, and condition of your skin?

just to make the question clearer

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by atypical
            I definitely prefer oil over cleansing milk/cream anyday. Milk are just so icky to use.

I hate the fact that I have to tissue off the milk off. With oil, I just massage in & rinse off. Voila! </FONT SIZE>

Comment

I've been doing the 3-step cleansing ritual - Oil -> Milk -> Own cleanser.

Problem with oil is I don't like the feeling of spreading oil on my face. I actually prefer my cleansing milk because I feel refreshed after using it! & I don't tissue off my milk, I rinse it off.

Recently, I've been trying to use oil -> own cleanser though. The 3-step thingie is getting to me, too troublesome lah. I don't really feel the difference except the *refreshed* feeling my cleansing milk gives me. So actually I don't think there's much of a difference, it all depends on the individual :D

One question though, do all of you use eye makeup remover to remove all traces of your eye makeup first before using your face makeup removers? I find myself taking a very LONG time removing my makeup because I make sure all traces of eye makeup is removed.

Comment

I use cleansing oil strictly to remove makeup. And then I use my own cleanser afterwards - could be cleansing milk or some other cleanser (Fancl at the moment). I don't wear enough makeup to warrant a separate eye makeup remover. But otherwise, I am always using a 2-step cleansing.

I don't feel that my skin is "clean" after just cleansing oil. But I don't feel that a cleanser on it's own is enough to clean makeup.

Hope this makes sense!

Comment

i've only just started using milk cleansers recently. havent tried oil cleansers though i have a sample of the DHC cleasing oil that i'm planning on trying.

i dont like the idea of tissueing off the cleanser too, just doesnt seem very clean to me. so i actually massage the milk cleanser on to my face and then rinse it off.

i dont think it really makes a difference to the complexion whether its oil or milk coz they're both quite gentle right? i could be wrong though.

Comment

i dun feel clean using milk cleansers...
                    so i use cetaphil... wad's dat under??

nev tried oil cleansers tho... they dun sound so good?

Comment

I used cleansing milk previously. In terms of effect on the skin, I don't think there is much diff between oil or milk. Naturally I prefer oil cleanser due to the ease of application and it removes my eye make-up as well. With milk cleanser I have to use a separate eye make up remover. I notice when I use cleansing milk, my make-up is not removed thoroughly. Somehow I don't feel as 'clean' when I use milk cleanser. And I think wiping with a cotton wool with the milk cleanser everyday pulls my skin more. So give me oil cleanser anyday.

Comment

surprisingly my milk cleanser cleans my face very well. i only have to use it once and it removes my foundation and non-waterproof mascara completely. it could be due to the fact that i do not pour my milk cleanser onto a cotton pad and wipe my face. instead i massage the cleanser directly onto my face when its dry and then rinse it off. once or twice when i thought my face wasnt clean enough, i wipe my face with shiseido pureness cleansing water but the cotton pad always shows up clean, no trace of makeup left whatsoever.

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by atypical
                          I hate the fact that I have to tissue off the milk off. With oil, I just massage in & rinse off. Voila! </FONT SIZE>
                          *blur shock* huh, must tissue off? Yikes I've just been rinsing off and following with Real rice washing powder.
                          Oh, I thought milk is gd, pretty much like rice is gd- exfoliating properties right. Milk was what Cleopatra used regularly?
                          >> bluebubble,
                          my pores are worse than yours. I am in despair.

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by champagne
                            *blur shock* huh, must tissue off? Yikes I've just been rinsing off and following with Real rice washing powder.
                            Oh, I thought milk is gd, pretty much like rice is gd- exfoliating properties right. Milk was what Cleopatra used regularly?
                            >> bluebubble,
                            my pores are worse than yours. I am in despair. </FONT SIZE>
                            Champagne, you can do cleansing milk both ways - either tissue off or cleanse off with water I do the latter!

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by piglet
                              i dun feel clean using milk cleansers...
                              so i use cetaphil... wad's dat under??

nev tried oil cleansers tho... they dun sound so good? </FONT SIZE>
                              Oil cleansers are god-send, especially for water proof mascaras and hard to budge foundation makeup.

I will recommend Shu and KP.

Comment

Working...
                              X