Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitamin C skincare products

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vitamin C skincare products

    hi

    Has anyone tried Vit C products?

    Is it good?

    I am 24.. no wrinkles but I am thinking if it can help with the pores or anything.

    Also is it good for oily skin?

    Or for those who used Cellex C before, is Hydra B5 a good product because I am thinking of using that as a moisturiser since it has hyaluronic acid.. or maybe the advance hydrating one~!



    *edited by ppie*
    Last edited by ppie; 03-03-2003, 12:41 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Vit C or Cellex C

    Originally posted by fiona
    hi

    Has anyone tried Vit C products?

    Is it good?

    I am 24.. no wrinkles but I am thinking if it can help with the pores or anything.

    Also izzit good for oily skin?

    Or for those who used Cellex C before, is Hydra B5 a good product because I am thinking of using that as a moisturiser since it has hyaluronic acid.. or maybe the advance hydrating one~!

    Ehh.. i never personally try vit c products before but sometime back, there's rave about the virgins cosmetics vit c stuff. Heard its quite good. But i don't think they are around anymore.

    *edited by ppie*
    Last edited by ppie; 03-03-2003, 12:43 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      hi summer27

      that was quick response!
      Thanks and I think i will do a board search and see what was talked abt in that thread then~!

      Comment


      • #4
        allo,

        Think its suppose to even-tone and bring radiance to your skin.
        Been using Ole Henriksen's 10% Vit C serum for a few months. Didn't see any great difference or maybe my skin is too fair to start with. But for freckels and pigmentation, it doesn't help much either, at least for me.
        Never try Cellex C before.

        Comment


        • #5
          I wasn't impressed by Virgin's Vit C... smells great but that's abt it.
          My GP prescribed me Vit C (comes in dark dropper bottle) can't recall how much at all, after I reached a plateau with retin-a and demanded, what next? Skin gets rather sensitive and DRY (so there's a complementing Hydrating gel)... I can't honestly say I can see an improvement.. plus the stuff oxidises darn quickly I have to fridge it and it's still orangey now, leaves a nasty jaundiced look on face so I'm using it purely as a mask now (can't walk around normally with jaundice- I think I did do that when I had not *realised* the darn thing oxidised, no wonder people were staring... must have thought I used self-tanner).

          Comment


          • #6
            latte

            maybe ur face is already glowing, so u cant see the added glow


            champagne

            yeah, i have heard that vit c oxidised quickly... and lose effectiveness after few months.

            seems like Vit C isnt that popular then.

            I know I saw a tv show once and there is this guy who has just perfect skin and he is teaching how to do Vit C for his skin and he says that is how he got his perfect poreless skin. I think he was abt 40 sth .. not sure.

            Comment


            • #7
              The only Vit C I use is the Cosme Decorte Vit C powder. But I cant afford to use it regularly because it is pretty ex. I love the feeling of the Vit C powder melting on to my face and it does help to whiten and lighten my marks.

              Comment


              • #8
                fiona, maybe. Especially with the complimentary natural oil produces by my face *yucks!*
                Vit C can help in promoting poreless skin? hmm...abit doubtful about it.

                Also heard Cosme Decorte has very good whitening range but its just too expensive. Maybe i'll try this range if I strike Toto one of these days

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by fiona
                  latte

                  maybe ur face is already glowing, so u cant see the added glow


                  champagne

                  yeah, i have heard that vit c oxidised quickly... and lose effectiveness after few months.

                  seems like Vit C isnt that popular then.

                  I know I saw a tv show once and there is this guy who has just perfect skin and he is teaching how to do Vit C for his skin and he says that is how he got his perfect poreless skin. I think he was abt 40 sth .. not sure.
                  I was watching this afternoon 'auntie' variety show and they has this segment about DIY skincare. The taiwanese host, Billy(also a DJ) said something about using stabilised Vit C as a face mask. It helps to bleach out existing spots and prevent others from forming. He did this amazing experiment, first, he poured the liquid Vit C into a glass of plain water, then he added this brown coloured ink(not sure what is it though) into the solution, and when he stirred the mixture, the brown colour mysteriously disappeared! I was quite amazed!
                  Where can i get this stabilised Vit C in liquid form? I only know that most places sell them in pill form, which is not as effective as the liquid form.
                  Last edited by clpersonal; 24-04-2003, 10:23 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by clpersonal
                    I was watching this afternoon 'auntie' variety show and they has this segment about DIY skincare. The taiwanese host, Billy(also a DJ) said something about using stabilised Vit C as a face mask. It helps to bleach out existing spots and prevent others from forming. He did this amazing experiment, first, he poured the liquid Vit C into a glass of plain water, then he added this brown coloured ink(not sure what is it though) into the solution, and when he stirred the mixture, the brown colour mysteriously disappeared! I was quite amazed!
                    Where can i get this stabilised Vit C in liquid form? I only know that most places sell them in pill form, which is not as effective as the liquid form.
                    I think there's no such stablised Vit C products in the market that can be kept for long? And pure liquid ones maybe too harsh to the skin, not too sure though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      erm... i'm curious about this Vit C now... is this only the ingredient or name of a brand huh??? haaaaa

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Vit C is just vitamin C we're discussing now rite?
                        don't confuse me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by latte
                          Vit C is just vitamin C we're discussing now rite?
                          don't confuse me.
                          haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, pardon my ignorance! :ROFL: :ROFL:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by latte
                            Vit C is just vitamin C we're discussing now rite?
                            don't confuse me.
                            Ya, its plain old natural Vit C. I wonder where he got the Vit C in liquid form.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Vitamin C

                              TBS vitamin c line

                              Tried their vit c serum before. I had no ideal what it did to my skin cos there's no visible end results! Not even a slight radiant from it. But the lucky thing was no breakout from it.

                              I think their vit c concentration is not high and stable enough. Not a good buy.
                              Last edited by nicole; 05-01-2004, 08:20 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X