Dry Environment - Skin Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Environment - Skin Help!

hmm..the weather down under can really dry out your skin I have been using Avene and thankfully its doing quite an ok job :roll: any better recs out there? Thanks!!

*Edited Subject Title
    Last edited by admin; 14-03-2003, 12:31 PM.

i'm in down under as well .. and trying out avene as well

i find using non-foaming cleansers help a lot, and also using moisture-boosting products like clinique's moisture surge line (extra and light both work well for me). i have combination/oily skin and it's all good!

you might want to try using heavier lotions/creams as well i use gel-based moisturisers in the daytime/summer, and creamier ones for bedtime/winter.

Comment

Originally posted by claypot
      i'm in down under as well .. and trying out avene as well

i find using non-foaming cleansers help a lot, and also using moisture-boosting products like clinique's moisture surge line (extra and light both work well for me). i have combination/oily skin and it's all good!

you might want to try using heavier lotions/creams as well i use gel-based moisturisers in the daytime/summer, and creamier ones for bedtime/winter.
      thanks lots for your reply

avene is working well for me too but they dont seem to have the gel cleanser thing i am using maybe another outlet.. will try to look see..

actually i was thinking getting the ayura products when i need it here but they dont have *panic* will have to find another brand soon

so which part of australia are you at?

Comment

i'm in melbourne.

Comment

hi ryl! i'm in melbourne too!

claypot is right, try switching to a non foaming cleaser like a milk cleanser. its much gentle on your skin and thus less drying. other than that i love darphin skincare which you can get at mecca. they are very generous with samples so you can try it out first. i know claypot is allergic to darphin though.

Comment

yeah i'm not having the greatest results with darphin!

avene has nice non-foaming cleansers - the extremely gentle cleanser, and the gentle milky cleanser. i'm using the first one until my eczema's totally clear (the topical corticosteroid has really helped) .. and plan to use the milky one come wintertime. i might use the extremely gentle cleanser for times when my skin's acting up.

also, limit the use of toners with alcohol .. in fact, don't use them at all! i don't really use fragrance but i'd cut that down since they contain a high percentage of alcohol and can dry your skin out around the neck.

that's about all that i can think of right now, really!

i wonder who else is in melbourne. we should have a meet-up and do some damage

Comment

Originally posted by claypot
              yeah i'm not having the greatest results with darphin!

avene has nice non-foaming cleansers - the extremely gentle cleanser, and the gentle milky cleanser. i'm using the first one until my eczema's totally clear (the topical corticosteroid has really helped) .. and plan to use the milky one come wintertime. i might use the extremely gentle cleanser for times when my skin's acting up.

also, limit the use of toners with alcohol .. in fact, don't use them at all! i don't really use fragrance but i'd cut that down since they contain a high percentage of alcohol and can dry your skin out around the neck.

that's about all that i can think of right now, really!

i wonder who else is in melbourne. we should have a meet-up and do some damage
              hmmm....so far i think its just you, me and ryl........

Comment

ryl, which avene products are you trying out? i was thinking of trying out more products but i can't decide which. ha were any particularly helpful/good?

Comment

How about the cheap Neutrogena extra gentle cleanser? the one in white bottle. Its non-foaming and works great on sensitive skin.

Comment

Originally posted by babyflite
                    hi ryl! i'm in melbourne too!

claypot is right, try switching to a non foaming cleaser like a milk cleanser. its much gentle on your skin and thus less drying. other than that i love darphin skincare which you can get at mecca. they are very generous with samples so you can try it out first. i know claypot is allergic to darphin though.
                    hello!

i was just thinking of tryin out the milk cleanser coz they dont seem to have the gentle gel cleanser i am usin (and running out of soon! )

is the milk cleanser good for combi skin? i am afraid its too 'rich' for my slightly oily nose heh..

i saw that they had neostrata on the shelves and have heard raves about it back in singpore.. feel like trying!

Comment

Originally posted by ryl
                      hello!

i was just thinking of tryin out the milk cleanser coz they dont seem to have the gentle gel cleanser i am usin (and running out of soon! )

is the milk cleanser good for combi skin? i am afraid its too 'rich' for my slightly oily nose heh..

i saw that they had neostrata on the shelves and have heard raves about it back in singpore.. feel like trying!
                      the milk cleanser is fine for combi skin, i've got combi skin as well and it works very well for me. in fact my skin has improved ever since switching to milk cleanser. i think before i was drying my skin out with all the foaming cleaners i was using thus leading to dehydrated oily skin.

i've never tried neostrata before though, any products that are recommanded?

Comment

i had the same problem when i ist came to Australia for long stay. How abt trying dermological special cleansing gel?

Comment

*is dizzy*

i can't remember anything now, LOL, too many of ryl's posts to go through!

yes, dermalogica is available around here .. and yes it's alright for sensitive skins. i don't know what the prices are like but i'd say expect to pay about $85 for the daily microfoliant. i saved the addresses of dermalogica stockists in melbourne, and here they are:

Collins Skin Therapy
                          The Block Place, Little Collins St
                          MELBOURNE VIC 3000
                          Phone: (03) 9639-6050

Wentworth Hair, Body, Beauty
                          304 Flinders Lane
                          MELBOURNE VIC 3000
                          Phone: (03) 9614-0400

Fuss Skin Therapy
                          Shop 5, 250 Flinders St
                          MELBOURNE VIC 3000
                          Phone: (03) 9654-0944

Wentworth Hair Body Beauty
                          Shop 3, 477 Collins St
                          MELBOURNE VIC 3000
                          Phone: (03) 9614-0411

J.M. Cosmetic House
                          Shop 19,Paramount Cte,108 Bourke St
                          MELBOURNE VIC 3000
                          Phone: (03) 9663-0388

Comment

just a questions..for you gals who have moved to a dry enviroment..does your skin stay dry? or did it go back to it's original condition after a few months?

Comment

Originally posted by angeldiane
                              just a questions..for you gals who have moved to a dry enviroment..does your skin stay dry? or did it go back to it's original condition after a few months?
                              i feel its dry and needs more moisture... but after awhile, it adjusts to the environment..

Comment

Working...
                              X