Steaming of face...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steaming of face...

I used to steam my face once in a blue moon by putting my head over a basin of freshly boiled water with a towel covering my head to trap the steam. I started steaming more often now that I bought the Philips Visasauna(facial steamer), and it is really very refreshing!
    Steaming really opens up the clogged pores and allow easy removal of the blackhead and gunk. :puke:
    It improves blood circulation to the skin, i always look more radiant after a steam!
    I steam my face like 3-4times a wk! and i feel that it is helping my skin in some ways. My skin feels more supple and hydrated, i have lesser clogged pores, skincare products applied after the steam is absorbed more quickly and penetrates the skin better.
    I steam my face for abt 10-20 mins each time, depending on how much time i have. I would encourage all of you to try it if you have the time!

i was thinking of getting that thing, pretty reasonably priced too, like $40 right?

Comment

How much is the Philips Visasauna you mentioned? Anyway, you'll be amused, but I use my food steamer(you know the one where people use to steam corn and rice dumplings?) to steam my face (wahahaha i know) I just wash the steamer really clean and open the lid of the steamer, heat it up, then stand over it. it works just as well you know! :ROFL:

but for convenience's sake, I'm gonna buy one for my face.

Comment

Its abt $49, but i think i saw some places selling it slighty cheaper. Its a gd investment if you plan to use it regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by clpersonal
          Wow....u r really smart and economical mango! :laugh:
          hahaha.... the most hilarious part is when I steam my face with my food steamer, then apply an egg-white mask to tighten pores, my husband is always laughing at me about this, he says why don't I apply the egg white, then steam with the egg white on, then i get to eat steamed egg white after that.. :wheee:

Comment

Wow! this is so funny! I need to control my laughter...wouldn't want to be caught smiling so loud in the office but i'm already smiling while reading at this!!! :ROFL:

I don't like the idea of steaming my face. My face feels very warm after doing it. I have tried it at a beauty salon...just don't like lying there for 15 mins steaming my face.

Just my 0.02 ...
            Last edited by dolphin; 01-12-2003, 12:11 PM.

Comment

where to get the facial steamer?

Comment

Originally posted by qian
                I have seen the Philips visasauna at Tangs, i'm sure other dept stores sell them too.

Comment

think it's not good to steam your face too often... i read this hk magazine where a dermatologist said that steaming your face may actually accelerate collagen loss from skin so skin becomes less firm over time.... i used to do the towel+bowl trick quite often to get rid of blackheads too but a bit scared to do so now....

Comment

i also used the towel and bowl method but i was afraid that the hot steam may sort of hurt the sensitive eye area. how does the facial steamer work? anyone using it now? is it good?

Comment

Originally posted by qian
                      They are available at a lot of places. I have seen them in Best Denki, Carrefour, Tangs. Basically wherever that sells electrical appliances HTHs

Comment

Do u gals apply anything while steaming your face ?

Comment

Re: Steaming of face...

Originally posted by clpersonal
                          I used to steam my face once in a blue moon by putting my head over a basin of freshly boiled water with a towel covering my head to trap the steam. I started steaming more often now that I bought the Philips Visasauna(facial steamer), and it is really very refreshing!
                          Steaming really opens up the clogged pores and allow easy removal of the blackhead and gunk. :puke:
                          It improves blood circulation to the skin, i always look more radiant after a steam!
                          I steam my face like 3-4times a wk! and i feel that it is helping my skin in some ways. My skin feels more supple and hydrated, i have lesser clogged pores, skincare products applied after the steam is absorbed more quickly and penetrates the skin better.
                          I steam my face for abt 10-20 mins each time, depending on how much time i have. I would encourage all of you to try it if you have the time!

Yeah it great , istrongly agreed !!! I bought it at courts at S$42.90. There is one princess barnd ones cost at S$27.

Comment

Originally posted by starrynite
                            think it's not good to steam your face too often... i read this hk magazine where a dermatologist said that steaming your face may actually accelerate collagen loss from skin so skin becomes less firm over time.... i used to do the towel+bowl trick quite often to get rid of blackheads too but a bit scared to do so now....
                            Dont do it frequently. Just steam our face one month once *** like doing facial. i steam one month once

Comment

i do steam my face too but only when i feel i need it. a little tip is to add things like lavander etc (which can be bought in flower tea places) for the aroma therapy effect

Comment

Working...
                              X