X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toners

What are you currently using?

How would you rate it on a scale of 10?

Any recommendations for a good toner that has slight oil-control properties and not too drying?

I'm not a toner user.
    Never come across a toner that could control oil.

Comment

Originally posted by latte
      I'm not a toner user.
      Never come across a toner that could control oil.
      There's one toner - Physicians Formula oil control toner available in the market.. Tried this before for a few times but it contains alcohol so i think its a bit drying for me..

I'm using the TBS skin defensives hydrating toner.. But its not in the market anymore.. Its the best toner i've come across. It can actually remove the last traces of m/u and at the same time, hydrate your skin & doesn't contain alcohol at all..

But its out of the market.. *Sob Sob* I'm still thinking which toner to use after this.. Its running out soon...

Comment

Summer, your PF toner reminds me of my PF green concealor which my nephew used it as a crayon

Back to toner, I can't use any toner especially those that claimed for oil control for they usually contains alcohol, which is bad for my sensitive skin now.

Also looking for one good toner but I could live without it .

Comment

Originally posted by latte
          Summer, your PF toner reminds me of my PF green concealor which my nephew used it as a crayon

Huh?? Crayon?? :dizzy: You must be quite upset about it..
          Hmm... I used to use PF concealer before but its the normal beige.. But i still prefer my present concealer - ettusais
          Oops.. Seems like this thread is for toner.. :|

Usually toners that contain alcohol helps to control oil & depending on each individual, the extent of the alcohol that can dry your skin.. Personally, i will prefer toners where alcohol doesn't exist in it..

Comment

I actually have a bottle of ole henriksen's gentle toner (pick me up -face mist) at home but its a white elephant now. I just don't have the habit of using toner.

It doesn't contain alcohol but witch hazel, so i guess there's some slight oil control. I find it not bad. rating 7/10?

Comment

Not exactly a toner person but the ones I tried and liked are Real Toner (from Wom-B) made of rice or I use my Kose Sekkesei as toner.

Comment

not a toner toner, but i like shiseido's pureness balancing softener, the UV white softener (prefer the pureness one), darphin intral & vitalskin toners and avene's gentle protective toner.

ok, none of the above toners have any oil-control properties whatsoever, but they have softening effects and my skin feels much better/hydrated after using them.

if you want oil-control properties i'd say look for those that have magnesium hydroxide in them - better still, just get milk of magnesia. mix it with water (1:1) and it works real well. unless it breaks you out

whatever you do, don't use clinique's clarifying toner. my biggest regret.

Comment

I think MOM is too drying as a toner, more like a mattifier to me.

Comment

The 'toner' i am using is not so much a toner but a softening lotion from CDP!! i rate 9/10
                    Last edited by jemay; 31-03-2003, 11:05 PM.

Comment

i'm currently using darphin's intral toner and i'm liking it lots. this has no oil control properties but is really gentle and soothing. my face always feel softer after using this. love the smell of this as well. i would probably rate this 9/10.

Comment

I'm using ettusais acne balancig water.....quite good,moisturising,supposed to curb pimples.

If it runs out,I subsitute with kose sekkisei

Comment

I love the Sisley Floral Toner! Pleasant rose smell and can be applied even to the eyes without stinging *tested* Gentle and suitable for normal to dry skin. They have another toner for combi to oily skin. I haven't found any toner which can be used on the eyes, so I would rate this 9/10.

Comment

using shiseido pureness softener.. veri good!! not harsh n alcoholo free...! makes my skin smoother n fresher

Comment

I'm using DRx Toner. Also like Rutina All Balancer - i use this like a toner too!
                              Last edited by dolphin; 03-12-2003, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X