Differin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dubp
    I tried using it for a week and my zits got worse... those places where I seldom have zits, also popped out... Threw Differin away immediately... anyways the website says it's gentle but how could it be gentle when it causes your skin to get worse before getting better???
    do continue using it. that's the way it works! it pulls the clogs to the surface which inevitably mix with sebum and dirt to swell into pimples. that's how the deeply set clogs are removed.
    also, my derm said that differin requires 6 weeks for true results! that's cuz a pimple takes 6 weeks to form. those popping on ur face now were pimples waiting to emerge. so it's not the fault of differin that you're breaking out now. it's simply removing the pimples-to-be!
    furthermore, consider the fact that it's still new to your skin, and requires some time for getting used to
    hth!
    good luck!

Comment

I went thru a full tube of differin before I see results, but the results worth it! Your pores are cleanner and they become more refined over time.
      Nice skin needs patience

Comment

Originally posted by Jewel
        I went thru a full tube of differin before I see results, but the results worth it! Your pores are cleanner and they become more refined over time.
        Nice skin needs patience
        jewel: did u continue using differin after ur skin is cleared?

Comment

I am also using Differin amidst other products like BHA, AHA etc. Would also like to know when to stop using Differin since face has cleared up. Or do I use it 1-2 times a week to maintain.

Btw, do u gals apply on the whole face or or problem areas?

Comment

hey divine!
            i apply to my face's pimple-prone areas and on current breakouts. so far i've been skipping my forehead cuz it's clear and smooth. derm said it's impt to apply on bumpy areas(it means it's clogged) to unclog it

Comment

Hi Michelle,

U mean u apply every nite on those problem areas? Just wondering if our skin will get immuned to this wonderful product after some time. For me, I paranoid ***, only apply Differin on the whole face -2-3 times a week...

Comment

immune? *touchwood* hopefully not! cuz it's really working for me.
                yup, i use it every night, cuz i just started not too long ago, so to completely eradicate the clogging in my pores, i gotta use it consistently. besides, i don't use anything else (aha, bha etc.) other than differin.
                i checked out the differin webby and they said it's best to continue usage so as to prevent new pimples. so i think using 2-3 times a week should suffice since your skin condition has already improved. but of cuz, i ain't no derm, better to ask the doc.
                anyway, i doubt we'll get immune to it with proper usage. but skin gets over-sensitive if it's not used appropriately. that was what happened to me and benzoyl peroxide
                btw, u said your skin has cleared, do u mean that even the scars have faded? how long have u used it?
                hope we can succeed in our strive for clear skin!!

Comment

Just wondering if differin is to be used before or after moisturiser?
                  Thanks all!!

Comment

Originally posted by michelle
                    jewel: did u continue using differin after ur skin is cleared?
                    I still do, as a maintainance night care. I used it under my night cream and it works as well.

Comment

Thanks dear!

So I can use it after the toner but before the moisturiser right?

Comment

I think I can't use it any further due to my ultra sensitive skin... it broke me out and I forgot to mention that eczema also broke out... causing my skin to itch terribly... it was red and inflamed and ITCHY!!! I never had breakouts on my cheeks before... it was so bad that my friends whom known me for 10yrs or more thought it was REALLY bad ... coze I never had breakouts like that

Comment

my gp gave my clindmycin and differin. i don't know which was it, but i had a terrible terrible reaction to it. just after 3 nights, my face was peeling, red and raw and hurt like hell. i went to dr ong at maple clinic and she told me to stop u sing both products, she gave me niks products to calm the allergy instead. i recovered within 3 days. after that she gave me clindagel (equivalent to 1% of clindamycin but without alcohol to irritate skin) and stieva-a (skinoren) diluted to 0.01%. my skin is clearing up very nicely and the scars are fading very well too. i think it's better to use differin only after your skin gets used to a retinoid, then you can slowly increase the strength. even then, i think differin might still be too strong for some.

Comment

hmm, latte and summer27, sorry if i am too late. haha. pasir ris polyclinic have differin.

Comment

Anyone knows if Dr Ong prescribe Differin?

Comment

let me get this right, so its:
                                Cleanser-> tone-> differin-> moisturiser

i found this tube of differin. shall start using it and see if there's any results. hehe, does it help if i apply it on a spot thats already squeezed out?

Comment

Working...
                                X