• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine Lines!

I am getting fine lines on my forehead & around my eyes. Argh! :sotong:

What should I use? Help!

Hello there Atypical :wave:

Is the La Mer not doing the job for these? Have you been using any eye product diligently over the last 10 years? Well, I asked to prove to myself how I sucked at taking care of myself (talk about saving my own skin..how apt :roll: ). I'm currently using Squalane on the sides of the eyes where laugh lines grow. I have yet to get to the forehead. Oh, I started this only recently, at the ripe old age of 32.

The mags were actively writing up about alt-Botox-like treatment creams. You mite wanna try them out? I read before that Lancome's Absolute Nuit and Renergie are great nite creams. Their new Resolution sounds like another one.

Perhaps you could give Sjal a try? Karen Mok swears by it, not that we need a celebrity to tell us so lah.. Good luck!

Comment

im getting movement lines! on my forehead due to frowning too much at my students!

Comment

me too! i ignore those on my forehead mostly coz i know i frown and squint too much when i'm working and staring at the comp, haha or use a wrinkle treatment on those lines?

for fine lines on the under eye, most eye creams do it for me

Comment

heehee, lucky me got no lines on forehead cos i dont frown that much, only laugh a lot, so the smile lines are deeper

Stella, the ayura eye essence + eye relax mask really can see instant effect of reducing appearance of lines. I wont say is gone 100%, but lighter and not that visible! I AM LOVING IT NOW! My new found HG!

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
            Lucky BlueBubble and Jemay!!! So envious, I am.. We all should take a cue from sweeties like you gals! Secret to Youth: Be
            secret is.. to smile more!

Comment

argh! ive got fine lines around my eyes too. im real bothered by the wrinkles. i keep reading about La Mer in the forum. Whats the verdict on it gals? cos im looking for an effective eye cream.

jemay, do u find the ayura eye relax mask useful? i have never tried an eye mask, although it sounds interesting.

im considering botax/collegen injection. have any of u or close frens tried this method? im a little apprehensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rykiel

jemay, do u find the ayura eye relax mask useful? i have never tried an eye mask, although it sounds interesting.
                yes, combine using the eye relax mask with the essence... next day i wake up see no lines at all! hahahah, but of cos is just reducing appearance of it!

Comment

argh! ive got fine lines around my eyes too. im real bothered by the wrinkles. i keep reading about La Mer in the forum. Whats the verdict on it gals? cos im looking for an effective eye cream.

im considering botax/collegen injection. have any of u or close frens tried this method? im a little apprehensive.
                  Dr Tan from DRx clinic does botox injections. If you are interested, you can try booking an appointment with him and let him decide whether its suitable for you or not? But the effects do fade over time. Which means that you have to go back regularly for botox injections to maintain them.

Comment

La Mer is better for dark rings. For lines it doesn't work as well IMO. Sad to say there is really no real effective eye cream out there.

I like the Ayura eye mask too. But on me it is purely more for relaxation. Didn't do much, may be it did smoothen a teeny weeny bit of lines. For the eyes essence, don't like it at all. I dump it away after half a tube to someone..can't remember who I think quite a number of us use the eye essence previously here. Quick 'fess up

Comment

whats wrong with the eye essence? :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by clpersonal
                        Dr Tan from DRx clinic does botox injections. If you are interested, you can try booking an appointment with him and let him decide whether its suitable for you or not? But the effects do fade over time. Which means that you have to go back regularly for botox injections to maintain them.

JOLLY GD!

which brings me to...DRx. ive heard some of u gals raving abt it. :huh: the thing is im not familiar with this brandname. can some1 brief me on it? AND..im real interested in the facial treatment. what is the cost/package like? and which are some of the effective facials (treatments) i should try?

Comment

Check this out

Comment

Originally posted by jemay
                            whats wrong with the eye essence? :huh:
                            nothing wrong really. It just did nothing

Comment

Ive only started to really take care of my skin during the past year but things seem to just get worse & worse.

I've got the Ayura eyemasks & I am with Meow, it's purely for relaxation. I haven't noticed any line erasing.

Was using the La Mer lotion but I have since switched to the creme version for the past few days. I see a little improbvement but I worry that it's too much for everyday use. The lotion didn't seem to moisturise as much as I like it to. Will definitely try the Lancome D Contraxol when it comes out. It's supposed to be Botox in a bottle.

I am thinking of trying the eye stuff from La Prairie but those are dead expensive! La Mer is out cos it does nothing for me.

Rykiel ... try not to do Botox unless you have to. I read somewhere that this can cause even more wrinkles. The theory is that if you paralyse one part of your face, the other parts will over compensate by producing more expression lines.

I am seriously thinking of buying those Frownies to curb my squinting & whatnot but I also need to soften/erase those fine lines especially around the eyes. It sucks to be growing older. It's a constant search for something that'd actually work.

Comment

Working...
                              X