Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleansing Oil

I have a couple of questions about these[cleansing oils]

1. Which one do you think is the best (and why if possible)
    2. Do you have to use a cleanser after to get rid of the oil?
    3. If you could let me know the price of your fave that would be great.

I would be grateful of any information, i have not tried a cleansing oil before and i am still on the hunt for a cleanser that gets rid of the dirt/dead skin as well as makeup.

I like the KP one. Less oily than Shu Uemura and a fraction of the price.

Yes, I do use a separate cleanser after cleansing oil. But nowadays, I am off cleansing oils for a while cos' I love 'spying' how much makeup I still have left at the end of the day to determine if my primer works...and I determine that by using a cleansing milk + cotton pad...

Comment

Hehe!:ROFL: Can you not see the makeup come off after using the oil or do you wash the oil off instead of using cotton pads?

Would you recommend using a cleansing milk or a cleansing wipe after the oil? Or does it really not matter too much?

Thanks

edit to remove quote
      Last edited by duckiee; 21-09-2004, 05:20 PM.

Comment

1. Which one do you think is the best (and why if possible)DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and KP Perfect Cleansing Oil. Both works well in removing face n eyes makeup, leaving skin smooth and clean

Actually, NO, u wont feel greasy after the cleansing oil, but of cos double cleansing is good to have a total clean feel

DHC one costs like S$40, KP one not sure

Comment

i m using kp perfect cleansing oil too. after using the oil on dry skin, just use water to wash it off. usually after that i will use a cleaner to cleanse my face again, this is to make sure my face is cleansed thoroughly.

i prefer those wash-off type makeup remover. i dun like to use cotton pads on my face, especially wiping something off my face. i feel kinda scratchy against my skin.

edit to remove quote
          Last edited by duckiee; 21-09-2004, 05:21 PM.

Comment

KP cleansing oil cost S$55.

Comment

I wash it off with water.... you're supposed to actually...

KP cleansing oil: $30 for 50ml, $55 for 250ml.
              SU: Can't remember exactly...but I paid more than $100 for the big bottle one..i think it's 450ml?

You can just use whatever you're originally using to double clean after that. Doesnt really matter, I suppose. But if your weather over there is dry, I think you can even skip the double cleansing step ...

edit to remove quote
              Last edited by duckiee; 21-09-2004, 05:21 PM.

Comment

whoa! how come such a small price dif for such a large dif in size?? :huh:

im currently using KP Cleansing Oil at times, specifically when I'm using hard to remove mascara. after washing off KP, i always wash my face with a cleansing milk as well, just in case.

Comment

I use and like KP Pefect Cleansing Oil too. You don't have to use another cleanser after that, but I do, just because I like my skin to be extra clean. The price of this is SGD$55.

Cleansing oils are designed to be water-soluble, that's why there isn't the need for another cleanser after that if you don't want to.

You apply the cleansing oil on dry skin with a dry hand, massage till you feel all your makeup has been dissolved. Wet your palms, then massage your face again. This time, you should see the oil emulsifying (it will turn an opaque white). When all the oil has emulsified (no longer oily), rinse off with water.

Comment

Re: Favourite Cleansing Oil?

Best performer : Shu Uemera Cleansing Oil - Light
                    Best Value for money : KP

yes I do... Cetaphil, not really to get rid of the oil, but I like to feel squeaky clean.

Sorry can't remember a bottle last me for months!

Comment

Re: Favourite Cleansing Oil?

>>> Fancl. Rermoves MU fast, rinses off perfectly! I prefer it to Shu and KP
                      >>>Not really to get rid of the oil, more because I prefer double cleansing.
                      >>>I forgot the price because I usualy buy more than one item when I shop. But reasonably priced enough...say.. $30 thereabouts.

Comment

It's a tie between between DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and TISS(Shiseido 's low-end) cleansing oil. Both successfully removed waterproof mascaras w/o easily and no breakouts.
                        No greasy feeling but since double cleansing is very important in thoroughly cleaning my face after work, I did use a cleansing aprt from the cleansing oil.
                        DHC is around $70(taiwan dollar) and TISS is around RM$25.

Comment

my fav has to be KP cleansing oil. tried the ones from RMK, Shu and Whitia and KP comes out tops. it's rather expensive actually but still cheaper than Shu. but after all that makeup on the face, i don't mind splurging on a good makeup remover. have been using this for the last 2 years and have never looked back. and i always double cleanse. currently using DRX's cleanser.

Comment

DHC cleansing oil. does a fantastic job of removing makeup and rinses off clean without soap. yet to cause acne or clog pores.

i ususally do, but its not necessary. after cleaning with pure oil, i add water and it feels whitish.

er i think 12 USD per botttle. last me at least a year

Comment

Fancl. Yet to cause me any problems. Does a great job removing makeup.

Not necessary but i usually do double cleanse. (however when use the cleansing milk after cleansing oil, the cotton pad comes out clean)

it should be S$30 for the 120ml bottle. Lasts me between 2-3 months (Expires in 3 months once its opened.)

Comment

Working...
                              X