La Mer & La Prairie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Mer & La Prairie

hi beautifuls, i need some help here... am going back to s'pore for a hol and wanna know if they've got la mer & la prairie at changi duty-free? if so... does anyone know how much things are there? is there anyway i could find out?

thank u soooo much!

Hi lauren I m lousy with makeup brands but the only La Mer I know is at Tang Beautyhall. I'm not sure about the airport.

Maybe Stella can advice.
    Hope that helps!
    Last edited by dolphin; 17-07-2003, 12:36 PM.

Comment

thx hunny
      i'll wait and see if anyone can help with that.

Comment

La Mer and La Prairie are both available at the airport. Which items are you looking at Lauren?

Comment

Hi Lauren! I work at the airport.

Let me know which items you 're looking for & I'll check the prices for you.

Comment

ooo really???? COOL!!!

la mer:-
            * oil absorbing lotion
            * oil absorbing tonic (do u know if this works?)
            * refining facial
            * spf 18 fluid
            * eye balm

la prairie:-
            *smart cream
            * purifying systeme hydra repair
            * normalizing serum
            * skin caviar revitalizing eye mask

thanx matey!

Comment

thx atypical and Dimples soooo much!!!!! i hope i'm not too much of a trouble.

btw i'm deviating a bit from the main question... but has any of u tried some of the products i've mentioned? how did u find it? is there any better?

Comment

The only items from La Mer that you listed which works for me are the oil absorbing lotion and SPF18. :thumps: Many girls here have good result with the refining facial too. I'm not as lucky cos it seems to be cutting into my skin each time I use it

Have not tried any of the La Prairie items you listed. I love their Skin Cavier Luxe Body Creme lots.

Comment

i've used the creme & it's really good for me during winter here.... using the lotion too more recently because psychologically i feel that it won't clog my pores as much. eye balm's great for me too.

've been using la prairie's purifying range and it does work... but bec of the AHA/BHA contents, i just wanna go easy on them... perhaps alternate them monthly with something else.

ahhh... i hope my trip back to s'pore will be a fruitful one. gotta get so much stuff - sunscreen.....

thanx gals. u're really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by lauren
                    ahhh... i hope my trip back to s'pore will be a fruitful one. gotta get so much stuff - sunscreen.....
                    Judging from your shopping list, it sure sounds fruitful to me Enjoy your shopping.

Comment

The CDLM works best in winter climate. A bit too rich for our weather so I only use this 2x a week. The lotion does nothing for me at all.

I have used up 3 or 4 tubs of the eye balm. Only saw a teeny weeny improvement but this is better than the other eye cream I had used...I would not buy if there is a better one out there. Sigh!

Tried a sample of the SPF 18 lotion given by a lovely cotter and I must say this is very light. But the price is too high..

Love the refining scrub. It really brightens up my face and I use this as a mask as well. Not recommended for dry skin though.

Read up more on reviews of La Mer products at CozyPurrs...

Comment

la mer is definitely available at the airport. be sure to get them upon departure to avoid the 4% GST. i've tried the lotion and it didn't do anything for my skin. i was kinda expecting miracles for the price i paid. after that disappointing stint with the lotion, i've given up on trying anything else. but like meow said, the CDLM will probably work well in cooler climates like in oz.

but yeah, do get the refining facial. it's one the best scrubs i've used. but do be gentle on the skin. it's quite a luxury for me. was telling my mum that it has diamond bits in it and she was just as amazed.

la prairie... extremely interested in the skin caviar range, especially the eye creams.

Comment

mich my girl, you've got great skin already, how to see any miracles???

heya save your money on the LP eye gel-contour one, it's a total waste of a LOT of money.

ok the regular LP contour cream isn't too bad but don't go for the gel one!!! i only liked the Caviar Essence Eye Serum, but you'd need a cream to go over that still and anal me had to buy the LP eye cream to go with it

LP Luxe cream is wonderful. It's rich but feels very light. It has AHA in it though so those who are avoiding AHAs, better skip this.

CDLM eye balm, i heard that lots of people say it works very well at first but later on their eye area gets drier. again too much money to spend.

But mich, you got me lemming the Refining Facial and the SPF18 Fluid...do you remember how much is it at the airport?
                          Last edited by sharon; 17-07-2003, 09:25 AM.

Comment

yeah it's interesting... i started using cdlm... and because i've got combi skin i was quite wary of the oil/blackheads thing.
                            i got the lotion then... & it does work but slower i reckon. it soothes yr skin pretty well. same trick - gotta warm it up 1st though it's runny.
                            now i wanna try the oil absorbing lotion - hopefully it'll work nicely.

i've tried the LP smart eye cream :roll: it's nothing to rave about. hehe- wait till my beauty therapist hears this! (she's the trainer for LP pacific).

ohhh... so if i get it on departure, i'll not have to pay the 4% GST? i've never thought of that before...
                            Last edited by meow123; 17-07-2003, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Hey Lauren! Not all the stuff you listed are available ...

la mer:-
                              * oil absorbing lotion $267
                              * oil absorbing tonic (do u know if this works?) $116
                              * refining facial $136
                              * spf 18 fluid (Blanc de la Mer version. They don't carry the original) $125
                              * eye balm $213

la prairie:-
                              *smart cream
                              * purifying systeme hydra repair
                              * normalizing serum
                              * skin caviar revitalizing eye mask $182

HTH!

Comment

Working...
                              X