X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeling Facials

Hi hi......

Need your advise on peeling.....

Just went and now.... my face is.... sad to say..... really flaking out...... hmm..anyone has any temporary remedies? I've been washing my face but after my face is dried, the skin just shows more obvious peeling... switched to applying moisturizer but my face looks like some oily plate...sigh sigh sigh........

furthermore, i think i need to go for this every week...oh no!!!!!

any recommendations??
    Last edited by nicole; 04-09-2003, 05:34 PM.

hi dear,

i just went for FPL at DRX and my face started flaking like mad. the condition lasted for more than a week. finally made my way to the GP and got a small tub of hydrocortisone cream. the flakiness has subsided heaps. do see a doctor if you're unsure. i was using lots of moisturiser to counteract the dryness but it only served to sting my face. it was only until my condition got worse before i made my way to the doc. i would suggest that you go as soon as you can.

Comment

I over did my AHAs once and turned into a flaky lobster - I used Vit E some NeutCare from Guardian, alternatively you can use light vit E of other brands - has to be light lotion, not rich cream.

Aloe vera gels should also work too - the best is still to use the flesh of the aloe vera leaf - fresh just apply the sticky flesh on your skin at night or when at home - it will dry matte.

Do also skip your toner as it potentially has alcohol or witch hazel which can furthur dry & irritate already sensitive skin. (witch hazel is a great toner for combination skin but in this case better stay away 1st).

And if you have gel/lotion moisturisers like Hydrafresh's kind of texture - that could be the prob too as they sting my face when I am on BHA treatments - they use alcohol to make the texture of the lotion gel-like which looks light enough for combination skins but are actually drying up the skin.

Comment

Usually the skin will a day or two after the treatment. It will be a natural process. For me the peeling will go on for around 5 days.
        Just put on a light moisturiser & just monitor your skin for the next few days.
        hmm...how come you have to go for every week?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimi_Asmara
          Usually the skin will a day or two after the treatment. It will be a natural process. For me the peeling will go on for around 5 days.
          Just put on a light moisturiser & just monitor your skin for the next few days.
          hmm...how come you have to go for every week?

Yes... my face looks more normal after 5 days already......thank you all for all your advice..... will get the aloe vera cream the next round.....which is next week..hopefully will be more soothing.....

Well.. the beautician said to see results, I had to do the facials for continuously once for 4 weeks first, before subsequently I can use it for once a month........ hmm........

anyway... really nice to hear your advice..will have to try it the next round though.....

Comment

Actually, I did peeling before. The therapist actually gave me soothing serum ***...It's very good. Calm my skin and not redness after that ***...My skin is generally bery oily and after several treatments results are significant ***....

The soothing serum is a miracle....

Comment

Working...
            X