Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fave Mattifier

With my oily skin, I have tried so many brands!! :note: :

Clinique Sheer Matteness T-Zone Shine Control - My first matifier and one of the best!
    Smashbox Anti-Shine - Expensive stuffs (!) but it does control oil well
    Chanel T-Mat - Love the scent! And it does control oil well!
    Fancl T-zone gel (Forgot the exact name ) - Doesn't work as well
    Lancome T. CONTR?LE Instant T-Zone Matifier - Doesn't work for me
    Decleor T-Zone Regulating Gel - doesn't work at all
    Ettusais T-Zone Oil Block Gel - Only tried their sample, seems to be okay

Any other raves/rant???

I am lemming to try PTR Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel now, has anyone tried it yet???

i have tried the chanel and clinique one, but all doesnt work on me... so i gave up on matifier!

Comment

Originally posted by jemay
      i have tried the chanel and clinique one, but all doesnt work on me... so i gave up on matifier!
      I am forever searching for 'IT'! Heard so many raves for PTR one in MUA! Wanna get it!

Comment

Darphin reducing cream works pretty well for me

Comment

*start oprah winfrey song*

there is nothing! nothing! NOOOTHIIIIIIING! like my dear MAAAAC BLOT!

*end song*

not quite a mattifier, but this takes the oilies away good. real good. i also like milk of magnesia as a mattifier, and smashbox's primer.

you can forget about becca's ..

Comment

Originally posted by claypot
            *start oprah winfrey song*

there is nothing! nothing! NOOOTHIIIIIIING! like my dear MAAAAC BLOT!

*end song*

not quite a mattifier, but this takes the oilies away good. real good. i also like milk of magnesia as a mattifier, and smashbox's primer.

you can forget about becca's ..
            Oh I forgot Becca's! Tried it and it sucks....
            Heard that MAC has released a matifier too! has you tried it??

Comment

Clinique- not bad.
              Chanel- it made my make up slide off.

Comment

Originally posted by kazablanca
                I am forever searching for 'IT'! Heard so many raves for PTR one in MUA! Wanna get it!
                omg, dont tell me.. or i will go and search for one!!!!!!

Comment

Using Mac Blot powder now. I don't dislike it, neither would I repurchase it.

Wanna try the MOM but the bottle is so big!

Comment

Clinique's one did nothing for me. Dumped it away because i dunnoe MUA's existence then

Chanel's Sheer Illuminators works pretty well... and i really LOVE the scent ( Can they make that scent into a perfume ?!). Skin become matte after giving it a few mins to sink in.

Smashbox's one is the most effective i'd tried so far. A little sticky and therefore not very easy to smooth over the face and have to be quick-handed. But really effective !

The PTR one works really average for its price. Maybe i 'd expected more because it is so expensive! My face looks matte while using it but once i blot! Wow... actually so oily. Hahaha.. but this glides on skin pretty easily. The thing actually resembles hardened glue.

Actually, i find that Smashbox's foundation primer is really good as a mattifier too. I used that before my makeup and everything just stay nicely with no extra shine or watever.

Comment

ditto chanel's sheer illuminator!

smashbox photofinish primer mattifies as well?

Comment

I love the scsnt of the Chanel too! Mmmmm ....!! I think I don't need a mattifier though so I might be swapping this away ...

Comment

Originally posted by angeldiane
                          ditto chanel's sheer illuminator!smashbox photofinish primer mattifies as well?
                          i *suspect* it does. Because my face makeup stays the whole day with this underneath. And i don't get those super-oily look at the end of the day.

Comment

I heard that some would use MoM(milk of magnesium) as mattifier. I'm also searching for a good mattifier to tame my hyper-active t-zone.

Comment

don't think anything will work for me.
                              moreover, i always have this feeling that they clog my pores.
                              :p

anyway, i tried Prescriptive mattifying gel (name?) before but it doesn't work because i don't see a diff.
                              so i swapped it away.

Comment

Working...
                              X