Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil-free products

hi!

i noticed that some products that are claimed to be "oil-free" aren't truly free of oil.

take for example the skII's moisturiser/treatment that's meant for oily skins - i can't remember the name, the one that claims to close pores and keep one matt, etc. it says "oil-free" on the label but when i scrutinised the ingredients, i found an ingredient that's something-something oil.

another is the avene sunblock emulsion spf 60. again, it says oil-free on the box but one of the ingredients listed is pumpkin seed oil.

why would the relevant companies call these products "oil-free" when it's so obviously not the case? Or aren't these oils real oils? and if not, why would they be called oils? :huh:

any ideas?

i think 'oil-free' products may use natural oil( maybe like avocado & from plants...). They do not have synthetic oil like isopropyl myristate..I think got others ..hehe...I can't remember

Comment

i have tried a lot of so-call oil-free products but my skin still shines like crazy when i apply... i think my skin is just too oily. :roll:

Comment

Blossom, I think maybe ur skin is dehydrated, it 's not moisturised enough. That's why your face keep on producing excess oil. Maybe u can try on some hydrating mask to give ur face more moisture then"water & oil" are balanced, then the oil will be controlled.

I had very shiny and oily T zone. After using SKII Aqua Pack during shower everyday, my T zone shows improvement. It is not that shiny now and whiteheads and blackheads (esp in the nose area) are reduced. Although they are not totally gone, my face is more radiant and moisturized. Sometimes, people ask me if I apply foundation, I say I don't, I just use Aqua Pack everyday during the shower and apply Sunblock & concealer in the morning. Of course, I still have some pimples when Period comes or sleep late.

Please refrain from quoting when referring to post above.
        Last edited by daphnee; 27-12-2005, 10:19 PM.

Comment

shon, thanks for enlightening me.... what you said could be true.

can you share with me what is this SKII aqua pack?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimi_Asmara
            i think 'oil-free' products may use natural oil( maybe like avocado & from plants...). They do not have synthetic oil like isopropyl myristate..I think got others ..hehe...I can't remember
            i see...thanks for the tip, Jimi_Asmara!

Comment

i believe the SKII aqua pack is the one that you apply while in shower - apply, take a shower, rinse off - almost like a mask. it leaves the skin moisturised for the entire day. it sounds great, only it's rather pricey.

Comment

i see..... thanks blossomcharm.... hey, our nicks quite similar.

Comment

Originally posted by blossomcharm
                  i believe the SKII aqua pack is the one that you apply while in shower - apply, take a shower, rinse off - almost like a mask. it leaves the skin moisturised for the entire day. it sounds great, only it's rather pricey.
                  any idea how much this cost? Thanks!

Comment

i'm hunting for an oil control product too... skII is too pricey for me too.
                    i have oily skin and i agree with shon's point of view. so any recommendations on moisturiser for oily skin? anyone tried vichy or avene?

i heard the nivea oil control one doesn't really work... else that's a cheap buy!

Comment

la roche posay's effaclar range has pretty good oil-controlling moisturisers available in guardian pharmacies.

Comment

I agree with Shon that the aqua pack is great for oily yet dehydrated skin. I used to have dehydrated skin, where whenever i go to a skincare counter, the SA would say -- you have got dehydrated skin.... almost immediately. Now i no longer have such a problem.

It costs $108. Its a gel form of mask, where u apply to whole face including eyes and then carry on with your shower. After that, you can wipe off with the sheets provided or wash it off.

Comment

and we need not apply moisturiser for the rest of the day?

Last edited by daphnee; 27-12-2005, 10:20 PM.

Comment

the mask sounds sooooo good!

but isn't the best way to hydrate yourself, to drink water?

Comment

Originally posted by blossomcharm
                              and we need not apply moisturiser for the rest of the day?
                              you still need....

its the same theory as using a hydration mask....

Comment

Working...
                              X