Fair Skin, Tanned Neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair Skin, Tanned Neck?

Guys... I just realised that my skin tones don't match!
    haha... when i look at myself from the front, it's fine, but turn sideways, and I can see the difference between my face and my neck.... I think it's really awful... you know, I never really bothered about my neck, thinking that only the facial complexion matters...

what do you do about it? Or you never really bothered?

Personally I treat the skin on my neck down to my breasts the same way I treat my face, so the whole area gets a helping of minimum SPF15 sunblock + moisturiser daily (actually everywhere else does as well if it's going to get any sun exposure). There's not much point in having a smooth unlined face and a crepey, saggy neck

I think your best bet would be to start using a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily on your whole neck. It'll take a while to see results, but gradually the tan on your neck should fade and will be a closer match for your face (I assume you use sunblock on your face? You should... ) You might be able to speed up the process by using whitening products on your neck but I don't have personal experience with those.

HTH!

Love
    chillipadi

Comment

i know what you mean. my face is of a slight different tone than my neck. i guess what chillipadi said it's right. sometimes, i'm just too lazy to include the neck in the daily routine of skincare... :roll:

Comment

i suffered from this as well. guess chillipadi is right. i didn't apply sunblock on my neck and hands.. eekss!

Comment

Originally posted by Raine
          i suffered from this as well. guess chillipadi is right. i didn't apply sunblock on my neck and hands.. eekss!
          the reason i don't apply on the neck is also because it may stick to the collar of my blouse or my necklace...

Comment

haha...me too..rather lazy and I'll have to spend quite a bit to keep my neck in good shape! (larger area than face) But it does make sense to start taking care of it... I just bought a cheap good sunscreen by Olay (UV lightening lotion)...now, to only remember to slather it on everyday! Thanks chillipadi!

And Blossom, good thing is, the lotion isn't sticky, so I don't feel uncomfortable...

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia
              haha...me too..rather lazy and I'll have to spend quite a bit to keep my neck in good shape! (larger area than face) But it does make sense to start taking care of it... I just bought a cheap good sunscreen by Olay (UV lightening lotion)...now, to only remember to slather it on everyday! Thanks chillipadi!

And Blossom, good thing is, the lotion isn't sticky, so I don't feel uncomfortable...
              i have the olay uv lightening lotion actually.... maybe i can use it on my neck now...

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom
                i have the olay uv lightening lotion actually.... maybe i can use it on my neck now...
                this is great actually... first it will perform lightening... then it will help to increase hydration level.

Comment

Originally posted by califit
                  this is great actually... first it will perform lightening... then it will help to increase hydration level.
                  wow... thanks... that really boosted my confidence level.

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom
                    wow... thanks... that really boosted my confidence level.
                    welcome.... my mum loves the UV moisturiser with SPF from OoO (oil of olay). I think her pigmentation lightened a lot too..., considering that she had spent a large sum of money for facials for that in the past, until she just gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by califit
                      welcome.... my mum loves the UV moisturiser with SPF from OoO (oil of olay). I think her pigmentation lightened a lot too..., considering that she had spent a large sum of money for facials for that in the past, until she just gave up.
                      i see.... my mom used to go for facials too but she gave up eventually. now she doesn't really take care of her skin. :roll:

Comment

yah fuschia
                        mine too.
                        But which brand is not too rich for the neck area? There is once i used some tinted moisturiser on my neck and I broke out at my sides. The jaw areas. Is Olay too rich? Btw, I got oily, sensitive skin.

Comment

Originally posted by strawberry_lush
                          Is Olay too rich? Btw, I got oily, sensitive skin.
                          hmm..i've got oily, sensitive skin as well. but that's actually just applicable to my face...neck seems to be happy enough with the UV lightening lotion from olay...it leaves a whitish cast so my tones match... hehe...actually, I can't really reccomend any other brand to use as I've only recently tried Olay...

Comment

Dear babes,

Mee too..i also have this problem with uneven skintone. My face is fairer then my neck.

Very difficult to find a foundation colour. hehe.. always got to end up buying 2 bottles of foundation to mix the colours to get e colour closest to my neck colour

Guess i got to start taking care of my neck now too.

Gosh....going to be more holes burnt in my pocket now :sotong:
                            Last edited by jemay; 30-12-2003, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Seems like this is a common problem!

I had so much trouble this hols trying to look for a new fdtn. I was getting really upset because the foundation appeared to match my skin tone when I did a swipe on my cheek, but then my face looked white when I took photographs! It was so annoying and frustrating.

Then recently, I took some photos without any makeup on (rare occurance!!) and my face still looked whiter! Especially with the flash.

I blamed it on the whitening masks I've started using from [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X