Sunscreen/Sunblock TEST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunscreen/Sunblock TEST!

I came across this website recently and its really good. Very informative. The girl has done reviews of sunscreen. Look in here to see if the sunscreen/sunblock you use is good enough.

The pictures and text base reviews differ slightly. Some products are in picture-based while some are in text-based. So do check out both links. The girl said that she's in the process of updating the website.

Pictures-based
    http://www.geocities.com/rumpuey_cos...ct_photo1.html

Text-based
    http://www.geocities.com/rumpuey_cos..._made_easy.htm
    Last edited by nicole; 22-10-2003, 09:53 PM.

Thank you!

That's a very interesting and informative website. Gave me instant lemmings for many brands already!

But i'm still looking for sunkiller's reviews...

Comment

Re: Find out if your sunscreen/sunblock pass the test! r/o

Originally posted by zjaninez
      I came across this website recently and its really good. Very informative. The girl has done reviews of sunscreen. Look in here to see if the sunscreen/sunblock you use is good enough.

The pictures and text base reviews differ slightly. Some products are in picture-based while some are in text-based. So do check out both links. The girl said that she's in the process of updating the website.

Pictures-based
      http://www.geocities.com/rumpuey_cos...ct_photo1.html

Text-based
      http://www.geocities.com/rumpuey_cos..._made_easy.htm
      Can't access both websites. ....... :roll:

Comment

Re: Re: Find out if your sunscreen/sunblock pass the test! r/o

Originally posted by Shon
        Can't access both websites. ....... :roll:
        should be able to view.... try again... shon.

these websites are from RUM, the sunscreen guru in fp.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Find out if your sunscreen/sunblock pass the test! r/o

Originally posted by califit
          should be able to view.... try again... shon.

these websites are from RUM, the sunscreen guru in fp.
          Haha, ok. Have u tried to access?? Really can't wait to see what is written in the websites..... :piss:

Comment

Finally, got it..... Try to access it too, Califit.

Comment

Finally, got it..... Try to access it too, Califit.
              seen it last time before fp was hacked... but forgot to save the link.... so now quickly saved it

Comment

seen it last time before fp was hacked... but forgot to save the link.... so now quickly saved it
                I had reviewed half of the sunscreens that were posted in the 1st link. It contains the details of the UVA and UVB lights. However, I find that it is still not professional enough in helping the users to choose the right sunscreen. For sensitive skin, it is not advisable to use chemical protection sunscreen. Also, titanium dioixde in fact can only physically protect us from UVB and some of the UVA. For full protection, Zinc Dioxide covers almost all the UVA & UVB.

For chemical protection sunscreens, they contain Parsol 1789 (only chemically protect u from UVA) which is not so stable. It may cause allergic to sensitive skin.

I think it is not easy to identify the sunscreen with the full protection from UV lights. Anyway, as long as Zinc Oxide & Titanium Dioxide are stated together , it should be safe.

Comment

I had reviewed half of the sunscreens that were posted in the 1st link. It contains the details of the UVA and UVB lights. However, I find that it is still not professional enough in helping the users to choose the right sunscreen. For sensitive skin, it is not advisable to use chemical protection sunscreen. Also, titanium dioixde in fact can only physically protect us from UVB and some of the UVA. For full protection, Zinc Dioxide covers almost all the UVA & UVB.

For chemical protection sunscreens, they contain Parsol 1789 (only chemically protect u from UVA) which is not so stable. It may cause allergic to sensitive skin.

I think it is not easy to identify the sunscreen with the full protection from UV lights. Anyway, as long as Zinc Oxide & Titanium Dioxide are stated together , it should be safe.
                  i think she wont be able to advise with regards to sensitivity, because how one reacts depend on the actual skin itself, the level of sensitivity. there are some sensitive skins that can take TO2 too.

also, she is trying to review the sunscreens according to the ingredients, like what paula is doing also in her book.... which is defnitely not exhaustive and information might still be lacking in some areas....

just a site to tell you what to avoid.... but not necessarily what is best for you

Comment

i think she wont be able to advise with regards to sensitivity, because how one reacts depend on the actual skin itself, the level of sensitivity. there are some sensitive skins that can take TO2 too.

also, she is trying to review the sunscreens according to the ingredients, like what paula is doing also in her book.... which is defnitely not exhaustive and information might still be lacking in some areas....

just a site to tell you what to avoid.... but not necessarily what is best for you
                    Yes, I will encourage u all be careful with the ingredients when u purchase any sunscreen. Just to play safe.

Comment

Yeah, agreed. The ultimate decision is still up to the user. But its still a good way to learn more about sunblocks/sunscreens.

I was about to buy the Dermalogica's sunblock booster then I came across this site. Save me my money

Comment

Yeah, agreed. The ultimate decision is still up to the user. But its still a good way to learn more about sunblocks/sunscreens.

I was about to buy the Dermalogica's sunblock booster then I came across this site. Save me my money
                        Haha, luckily u had checked the reviews in that website.
                        So, which sunscreen did u buy instead of Dermalogica one??

Comment

I'm now using the Shiseido's Anessea SPF50. Lucky its approved. hehe. Might want to try Shiseido's Ultra Light SPF30, sounds like its good as well. Or the Lancome one. Still deciding.

Comment

I'm now using the Shiseido's Anessea SPF50. Lucky its approved. hehe. Might want to try Shiseido's Ultra Light SPF30, sounds like its good as well. Or the Lancome one. Still deciding.
                            Do u work in outdoor? If not, U may need SPF15-20 perhaps for Olive skin. Or if u got fair skin, SPF 30 may require. Yes, also remember to check on PA + or PA++ or PA+++. That's for UVA protection.

Comment

Peel

Who among you here uses Skin Culture Peel? I've been using it for months.. It is somehow effective.. Do you girls experience the same?

Comment

Working...
                              X