Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dermanew

Dermanew
    Raves for this at home microdermabrasion kit on MUA. 5 daily uses=1 clinical microdermabrasion! Impressive!
    But the price and the little amount of cream that comes with it is quite miserable, and the refills are not cheap.
    I-skin
    I-skin is a similar product but at the fraction of the price, they come from the same manufacturer.
    Everything looks so tempting...
    Last edited by clpersonal; 30-10-2003, 10:08 PM.

Hi clpersonal,

I have the i-skin, and I loved it the first few times I used it. However, I found the Epidermx microdermabrasion cream, and since then, I haven't touched my i-skin at all. Although Epidermx isn't used with a handheld unit, I find that it gives me better results more quickly.

The i-skin still gave nice results after a few days in a row, however. I think I just got lazy since I have to wash the sponge after every use. It's much easier to use my fingers with the Epidermx cream.

I haven't heard of any major differences between Dermanew and i-skin. In fact, I've heard the sponges are the exact same (so you can replace with either brand). If you do decide to get one, I'd suggest going with the cheaper i-skin.

~Lilsweetie

Comment

Originally posted by lilsweetie
      Hi clpersonal,

I have the i-skin, and I loved it the first few times I used it. However, I found the Epidermx microdermabrasion cream, and since then, I haven't touched my i-skin at all. Although Epidermx isn't used with a handheld unit, I find that it gives me better results more quickly.

The i-skin still gave nice results after a few days in a row, however. I think I just got lazy since I have to wash the sponge after every use. It's much easier to use my fingers with the Epidermx cream.

I haven't heard of any major differences between Dermanew and i-skin. In fact, I've heard the sponges are the exact same (so you can replace with either brand). If you do decide to get one, I'd suggest going with the cheaper i-skin.

~Lilsweetie
      Thanks for your great review!
      You've got me tempting for the epidermx cream! Do you use it everyday as a scrub or weekly treatment? How does it really compare with the real microdermabrasion?

Comment

Hi clpersonal,

I try to use the epidermx every day in the morning just to get rid of the flakes and leave a smooth surface for my makeup. It also helps get rid of any clogged pores that may have accumulated through the night. I've been a little stingy lately because I'm running out (but a new jar's on its way!), and I can totally feel the yucky difference =P. My skin is too spoiled to live without the epidermx now.

I've never tried real microdermabrasion, so I'm sorry I can't compare. Hopefully someone else can though!

~Lilsweetie

Comment

Anyone else tried the Dermanew? Just bought one from Ebay

Comment

Recently acquired Anew clinical micro-exfoliant, used for the 1st time today. Supposed to work like a home microdermabrasion scrub using the same aluminium oxide crystals used in the clinical process conducted by dermatologists.

Verdict: Skin felt noticeably smoother after 1 use. Pores look "cleaner" & skin tone looked more radiant. A worthy buy if you can get ur hands on this, i only paid ard S$18! (promo price)

Cant wait to use it again, but got to wait for 2 days before I can do so....

Comment

Originally posted by mascara
              Recently acquired Anew clinical micro-exfoliant, used for the 1st time today. Supposed to work like a home microdermabrasion scrub using the same aluminium oxide crystals used in the clinical process conducted by dermatologists.

Verdict: Skin felt noticeably smoother after 1 use. Pores look "cleaner" & skin tone looked more radiant. A worthy buy if you can get ur hands on this, i only paid ard S$18! (promo price)

Cant wait to use it again, but got to wait for 2 days before I can do so....
              hihi where did u get this?? wad's e b4 promo price? thanks!

Comment

qian, i got it fm a fren who's a distributor of avon. She gets the products from msia, if im not wrong, we can no longer get avon in sg. (they used to be have a shop in wisma closed down already) in case ur wondering, Anew is a brand name under AVON.

So prices in the catalogue are all in ringgit, converted to sg is abt S$18 after promo. Before promo, will be abt S$32, not much also! But this will be a good time to try as the promo running for month of sept. plus, i bought twice from her & i like that they always give free samples of other products to try.

U can ask around see if anyone u know is a avon distributor. Another way to get avon easily is in the states, if anyone travelling there maybe u can ask them to get for you...u can go check out their website here.

Comment

CAN WE HAVE A SPREE FOR THIS TOO?

Comment

lele, u mean spree as in ordering in bulk online or sorry i'm new to the idea of spree....

for me I just order from her as I dun have to pay for freight charges....

Comment

Order from you? Whichever is cheaper!!

Comment

Originally posted by lele
                        Order from you? Whichever is cheaper!!
                        can i guess...but i still have to order fm her! the thing is I believe she doesn't carry the whole range of avon products, quite limited. however, i think got most of the anew products....iirc.

The thing is how to deliver to you guys?!

Comment

Did i hear spree?

Can meet-up to collect or send via post? We can transfer $$ to your bank account

Comment

Just got my Dermanew total body set from Ebay last nite and it's great. I tried it for the first time and it rocks hahaha?Kmost my deadskin are gone and so did the blackheads?K.skincare absorb much faster?Kface is smooth?Kwoohoo! Just wanna share

Comment

yea!!! i hope can have spree too!!! if got spree count me in too!!
                              mascara: we can meetup too if bank transfer v luan for u.

Comment

Working...
                              X