La Mer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Mer

Not sure if we have a La Mer thread already. I could'nt fnd one so thought I'd start a discussion.

For those who have tried La Mer products, what's the verdict? I was using the creme for a while, while it seemed to moisturise & helped my skin after the PC fiasco ... this also seemed to rich for everyday use. I am now curious about the lotion in a pump version. Read tons of raves on the serum & am mighty curious about that. For over $400 apiece, would appreciate if anyone has any input before I plonk my money down for it.

As for the eyebalm, this is supposed to only help with dark circles & not wrinkles? I am beginning to get lines around my eyes & any help is appreciated. Thanks ladies.

Love & REspect!

when i 1st started using it, i used it almost everyday coz it was doing well on my then acne-prone oily skin - skin texture improved and pores diminished. after 1 1/2 tubs, this effect wore out, i think partly because i started going for facials, used the right products outside cdlm and my skin condition also changed. now i use cdlm once a week to give my skin a moisture boost. i also used a quite a lot of it after i got sunburnt recently, it calmed down the skin on badly burnt back and shoulders a lot and moisturized it well, max huber really knew what he was doing when inventing this thing for his burn scars!

haven't tried the other products so can't comment but apparently huber was only involved in the making of the original creme and none of the other products, which probably came about when EL bought the brand over

Comment

IMHO,La Mer is a hit-or-miss kind of thing. You either love it or hate it.

I have a love-hate r/s with La Mer's cream. When I first used it, it was blackheads galore. And it also causedme to break out. But it did make the other parts of my face look much more radiant.

Not wanting to give up on the cream after I nearly went bankrupt buying it
      I gave it a try again.

This time I use much less cream and it worked beatifully on me. My friends commented that my skin look much brighter and better. I didn't tell them I was using La Mer yet.

So I gave in to my lemming and bought the eyecream. It did make my dark circles less obvious. (I've got really horrible panda eyes). Its also a good eye base for e/s. But my verdict is still out on this as I'm not sure if its worth that money.

Comment

So far La Mer eyebalm is the only eye care that has marginally improved my dark circles... the rest ... did crap! Not exactly my HG... but it's the best one so far

So.... I am looking forward to getting the eyebalm (I tried 2 samples of it already) once I finish my Ayura.

Comment

Same hit-or-miss experience to report...

Tried the original La Mer cream....worked beautifully for 5 days, then broke me out after that! Ick.

Tried the eye balm from a sample. I like this stuff - it helped banish fine lines and dark circles...so far the most effective eye cream I've tried...but the price!!!! :o: Not sure if it's worth it! (I've just heard great things about SKII's eye mask, so I may want to investigate that too before splurging on La Mer Eye Balm).

ALso tried the Lotion....supposedly a less oily form of the original La Mer cream...this did NOTHING for me, just a glorified, overpriced moisturizer.

Comment

I have finished up 3 tubes of La Mer eye cream. So far this is the only eye cream that works for me. or shld I say reduce my eye rings marginally...may be onl 5%?

I tried both the original and lotion version of the La Mer cream. The original version is too rich for me. Caused outbreak on me. When I changed it to once a week, it did nothing to my skin. The lotion version is worse. Smell like those cheap Hazeline cream.

La Mer just launched a whitening range.

IMO La Mer is overrated.

Comment

I am also using the eye balm. Love it for my dark circles.

by the way, according to Derma Rx Center, their R cream is also like la mer except that their marine algae content is higher (30%) and that's why it has a fishy smell. Plue theirs is not oily and can also be used on the eye area.

Dr tan did tell me the R.cream can remove dark circles and fine lines...

Comment

Originally posted by fornight
                I am also using the eye balm. Love it for my dark circles.

by the way, according to Derma Rx Center, their R cream is also like la mer except that their marine algae content is higher (30%) and that's why it has a fishy smell. Plue theirs is not oily and can also be used on the eye area.

Dr tan did tell me the R.cream can remove dark circles and fine lines...

Has anyone tried the R.cream before? Pan? Verdict?

Comment

Originally posted by Riverie
                  Has anyone tried the R.cream before? Pan? Verdict?
                  Pan has definitely tried R cream before but she doesn't it of course....I remembered Pan mentioned previously that it gives her radiance on her face or something to that effect...

Comment

Originally posted by pandora76
                    Same hit-or-miss experience to report...

Tried the original La Mer cream....worked beautifully for 5 days, then broke me out after that! Ick.

Tried the eye balm from a sample. I like this stuff - it helped banish fine lines and dark circles...so far the most effective eye cream I've tried...but the price!!!! :o: Not sure if it's worth it! (I've just heard great things about SKII's eye mask, so I may want to investigate that too before splurging on La Mer Eye Balm).

ALso tried the Lotion....supposedly a less oily form of the original La Mer cream...this did NOTHING for me, just a glorified, overpriced moisturizer.
                    Pan, I'm a super fan of SKII wrinkle treatment mask (eye mask). I tried tons of other brands' and this is the best to combat my fine/dry lines! And I cut each into half because the size is quite big so it's not that expensive after all. I'm using the 3rd boxes now. FYI, each box is 5 individually packed foil carries 3 pairs of mask so 12 pairs total, or 24 pairs if u cut it into half. HTH.

Comment

I managed to get some samples of La Mer stuff & here's my report after using them for the pass week ...

Eyebalm - about $220
                      This seems to be doing nothing. I like the light texture but my eye area seems to be getting more wrinkles after using this. Or is it just my imagination?

Moisturising Lotion - about $270
                      This is a lot lighter than the creme & no break outs so far. I've been using this as a night moisturise. I think I like it.

Serum - about $370
                      Very light & this absorbed into my skin right away, leaving a nice matte finish. Smells a little herby. some people hate the scent but I think it's alright. No breakouts so far. Will keep on using this with the lotion as it's supposed to help lighten pigmentations.

Oil Absorbing Lotion - about $270
                      This is an oil free version of the original that use in the daytime. I ike this alot! Like the Moisturising Lotion, this makes my foundation go on really smooth. My complexion seems to have acquired a certain radiance.

Refining Facial - about $140
                      This is the bomb! This has diamond dust in it! Smells really fresh & a little minty. I apply it in a thin layer ... leave it on like a mask for about 20 minutes then use a little water to scrub my face. My skin feels utterly smooth & clear right after. The next day, my colleague commented on how much better my skin looked. Will definitely be purchasing this in the full size soon!

All in all ... I am really pleased. Tonight I use the regular CDLM on my extra dry & wrinkly bits (around eyes, sides of nose & mouth) on top of everything - Let's hope it works to diminish those pesky flakes & lines. Will wait a few more weeks to see if these are going to be my skincare staple.

Meow ... how much are these SKII eye masks you were talking about? Do you see a softening of fines lines after usage & how often do you use them?

Comment

Originally posted by atypical

Meow ... how much are these SKII eye masks you were talking about? Do you see a softening of fines lines after usage & how often do you use them?
                        Did I say anything abt the SKII eye masks? I did use it before but it did nothing for my lines...can't remember the price....$70 plus for 6 packs? I use it everyday when I first bought it!!

Comment

La Mer

OK....*deep breath*...any rants and raves from this cult skincare brand?

I recently tried a sample of Creme De La Mer. While I wouldn't put this stuff on my face (broke me out big time last time after 5 days of radiance....not worth it!), I DO love it on my neck, hands, elbows and feet!

Are the other products any good? A wonderful friend recently made me a sample of The Refining Facial. Just tried it tonight. Felt nice, pretty smooth and not too grainy or harsh, but it left my cheeks blotchy. Is this normal??

Am curious about their Body Serum and Body Lotion....

Comment

Some people are sensitive to the refining facial & you could be one of them!

The CDLM is great but not good for use daily. I use only on ultra dry spots & only on some days . I get little bumps if I use it daily too.

The Oil Absorbing Lotion is great. Very thin in texture, moisturises well & abosorbs quickly - leaving a pretty matter finish. Great to go pre makeup.

I love the texture of serum too! Like the two above, absorbs quickly into my skin. I haven't used it long enough to know if it's doing much good for my skin though ...

I've recently tried the new Blanc La Mer SPF 18 Lotion & this is good too! Very thin, non sticky & abosrbs real fast. Will be buying the full size as soon as I;ve got the dough for it.

I haven't heard much good things about the body stuff & I haven't tried them so can't advise you on those ....

Comment

Yah.. don't have any luck with La Mer. Even the serum broke me out. The only item that I can use from this line is the SPF fluid. Love this. The CDLM is rich so anywhere you need the extra moisturising, this will do well.

Heard some Hollywood stars use CDLM as a regular body moisturiser :roll:
                              Last edited by raebelasian; 01-12-2003, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X