• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbe Dermafleece

This is a 'herbal mask line'. There are 8 kinds of masks

Ginseng Mask - anti-wrinkle, smoothing
    Pearl Mask - Whitening
    Milky Mask - nourishing and vivifying (what's this?!)
    Angelica Mask - anti-pigmentation
    Glycyrrhiza Mask - balancing, refreshing & soothing
    Chssia Mask - Clearing up acne, pimples
    Algae Mask - hydrating
    Rose Mask - elasticity, lifting
    Vitamin C - brightening

Because it's in powder form, I was intrigued by the Vitamin C mask so I bought that ($3.30 for 50g) and the Angelica Mask. The Vitamin C mask reminds me of the one from Awake which we do not have here. And I know Vitamin C is not stable in liquid form but is ok in powder.

I used the Vitamin C mask last night. I was too lazy to get a container to mix the powder with water, so I ended up with a mess on my hands. And I only used 1/5 of a pack, so after 1/2 hour, though the mask dried on me, it didn't form a mould that I could easily remove. It was too thin and I had to wash it off (another mess). But I was pleasantly surprised to see my face brightened up. I have tried so many whitening masks but none has the effect as great as this! And I could tell the difference because the area around my eyes which was mask-less was all dull, unlike the rest of my face.

This evening, I tried half a pack of the Angelica Mask, which was for anti-pigmentation. I love the smell of this. It smells just like the herb I used a container this time but I made a mistake of putting too much water. In the end, I had a paste on my face that kept on dripping down. It only got better after a while. Though SO was on the phone, he couldn't help giggling at me :piss: . I still created a mess nonetheless because of the dripping. Half a pack still didn't give me a proper mould on my face to remove. In the end, I had to tear the mask piece by piece from my face. And then followed by rinsing of the face, as directed. Once again, my face was all brightness and clear. It's really awesome. The effect may have been temporary but it's so much better than the other masks I've tried.

The ingredient list goes: Angelica (or Vitamin C for the Vitamin C mask), Rice Starch, Sodium alginate, Talc, Kaolin (Vitamin C mask doesn't have this last ingredient).

For people who like convenience like paper masks, you won't like this for the hassle of mixing, and the mess it creates. While I was watching TV, waiting for my mask to dry, SO was scrubbing the bathroom floor in his buff. I was cracking up but couldn't laugh because the mask was sitting hard on my face.

I'm definitely going back to get the others to try! Oh and I got these from Sasa.
    Last edited by kare2711; 04-11-2003, 10:25 PM.

Hi Karen,

Is it that good? I mean I don't mind all the hassle if it works. So it is sold in a packet of 30g? Don't the instructions tell us how much to mix with water?

Comment

It's sold in a packet of 50g. I think you need to use all of the powder at one time. But that's a lot. So you will end up with a very thick paste on your face. But then the mould will form that way, and you can remove it as a whole hard mask.

The instructions were not very clear. It says to mix the powder with water until you get a paste, and then let it sit for 15 - 30 minutes before you remove the mould and rinse your face.

Comment

i used that vit C mask before, but forgot the effects already.

anyway, IIRC i mixed a full teaspoon of powder to slightly less than a teaspoon of water. (i used the plastic spoon)

but you have to stir quickly otherwise clumps might form (in my case anyway)

Comment

I bought a packet of Vitamin C facial mask and I must admit the effect is

The process is abit troublesome as what Kare2711 had mentioned in earlier post. You have to take an appropriate amount mixed with some water to form a paste. Apply the paste on the face and leave it on till it dried completely.

After peeling off the paste from my face, voila!!! A brighter & fairer face is staring back at me from the mirror's reflection...... Wow.... it is one of the most effective whitening mask I have tried so far....

One minus point... the mask doesn't really seemed to provide moisture boost for my face. The mask will be more suitable for people with normal to oily complexion.

Comment

Wow...Karen,thanks for introducing this pdt ...
            i want to try the vitamin c mask now

Comment

Look at Karen's glowing face, i guess this is a MUST GET for me now

Comment

wow~

i'm gonna force my lazy self to re-try the mask again~!!

Comment

Yes, must get. And it's so cheap!

Comment

Hey Karen, i got the Vit c one and the one for acne yesterday!! The pack looks so huge, is for how many application huh?? It works like something same as Dr Berman one right?? I'm going to try it asap!!

BTW there was a gel mask for bust/body same brand, selling at $0.25 in sasa, i got one n trying soon!!

Comment

Initially I thought it can be used many times. But if you want something really thick like Derma RX's Vitamin C, then I think it can be used about three times.

Be warned, it's really messy and that's what put me off.

I haven't tried the Dr Breman one though. Will go haggle my aunt for some to try

Comment

I used it and I think it's not suitable for my skin or it could be the concentration of the mixture. My hubby on my request to help me with the mixture thought that the whole packet should be used at once, and dumped it all into the container.

I felt that I had cement on my face when applied and cringed at the smell...YUCKS. The next day, I felt little bumps on my face. What do you think caused those bumps? :piss:

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylee
                          I used it and I think it's not suitable for my skin or it could be the concentration of the mixture. My hubby on my request to help me with the mixture thought that the whole packet should be used at once, and dumped it all into the container.

I felt that I had cement on my face when applied and cringed at the smell...YUCKS. The next day, I felt little bumps on my face. What do you think caused those bumps? :piss:
                          Maybe the whole pack is too much for you? Which one did you get?

I'm sorry to hear about the bad reaction you got. I have no breakouts whatsoever.

Comment

The vit C pack. Think it was cause HE mixed the whole pack. :piss: Guess a trip to the facial salon should do the trick.

Comment

Karen, i was mixing the Chssia Mask with water and before i could use it, it dried up super fast and as hard as a bun! I got a shock n threw it away

Comment

Working...
                              X