Food for skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food for skin

Im not too sure if you girls have discuss this before but im beginning to suspect that my breakout may have some thing to do with my diet. But till now, im still not too sure which type of food i should avoid.

So is there any kind of food that will causes you to breakout? Or is there any food that are supposely good for the skin? Do share your knowledge with me.

TIA

Re: Food for skin

Originally posted by caer
    Im not too sure if you girls have discuss this before but im beginning to suspect that my breakout may have some thing to do with my diet. But till now, im still not too sure which type of food i should avoid.

So is there any kind of food that will causes you to breakout? Or is there any food that are supposely good for the skin? Do share your knowledge with me.

TIA

Ya, healthy diet is very important of giving u beautiful & radiant skin. Drinking plenty of water, eating more fruits & vegetables are very important. However, even though I am careful enough for my diet, I still have breakouts oftenly. I think it is mainly caused by my late sleep. Once I sleep late, I easily got heaty inside my body & hormone not balance. Then, I got breakouts in the next day.

Now, I try to sleep before 12a.m. & eat more Yoghurt coz people say Yoghurt helps the digestion system to function well.

Comment

Bird's Nest!

A friend tells me imbibing veg juices of celery really helps detox her system, possibly clear the skin too. And EXCERCISE.

Power98 DJ Carrie Chong swears by bittergourd juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
        Bird's Nest!

A friend tells me imbibing veg juices of celery really helps detox her system, possibly clear the skin too. And EXCERCISE.

Power98 DJ Carrie Chong swears by bittergourd juice.
        i think celery juices are best taken in the morning.

able to slim down too.

bittergourd juices are great for people with diabetes... seems that it helps to lower sugar level?

Comment

i guess avoiding fried/deep fried stuff? processed food? and chilli?

they strike me as being heaty stuff..

but for good skin, try drinking more herbal tea, fruit juices, water and eating more fruits and vegs

Comment

hw abt aloe vera? my mom has been making this drink for me for quite sometime now. I only know its healing ability not too sure what it will be like as a drink

Comment

i drink a lot of soups, vegs and meat ones
              basically water helps a lot
              and yes fruits and veg
              i eat one banana and one apple a day
              cut down to one coffee a day
              and eat a small tub of yoghurt as well

Comment

Avoid deep fried and spicy food if necessary!

More water, fresh fruits, veggie and soup!

Comment

Originally posted by clarins
                  More water, fresh fruits, veggie and soup!
                  Soup, yes! Not the cream-type, though - for very obvious reasons. Ha ha! They say you are what you eat.. I guess ..

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
                    i drink a lot of soups, vegs and meat ones
                    basically water helps a lot
                    and yes fruits and veg
                    i eat one banana and one apple a day
                    cut down to one coffee a day
                    and eat a small tub of yoghurt as well
                    yap. less caffaine helps lots.

i love soups too. must have daily or cant finih my rice.

Comment

Originally posted by califit
                      yap. less caffaine helps lots.

i love soups too. must have daily or cant finih my rice.
                      interestingly, i drink soup after/ before dinner
                      not during cos it will make me bloated

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
                        interestingly, i drink soup after/ before dinner
                        not during cos it will make me bloated
                        my mother labels me as a soup freak. i drink during dinner and then after dinner another bowl. then i will be the one to finish the remaining soup in the big bowl too.

perhaps its because I have soup daily for dinner since young, so its quite uncomfortable to have no soup.

Comment

Originally posted by califit
                          my mother labels me as a soup freak.
                          Are you Cantonese? My ma is and thanks to her, the family gets to drink soup almost everyday. The whole Cantonese clan are soup freaks!

Like Natnatviv, I drink mine before or after, too. When I eat, I just eat; no drinks during the meal. So, yes, I'm always so bloated and full after a meal at my ma's.

Comment

Are you Cantonese? My ma is and thanks to her, the family gets to drink soup almost everyday. The whole Cantonese clan are soup freaks!

Like Natnatviv, I drink mine before or after, too. When I eat, I just eat; no drinks during the meal. So, yes, I'm always so bloated and full after a meal at my ma's.
                            i am not cantonese.... but teochew, which is strange.....

in my whole family, only my mother and bf dont need soup during the dinner....

Comment

me no cantonese, me a hainanese
                              i whip up a good hainanese chicken rice
                              hmm, ideal idea for tonite's dinner

i drink my soup before/ after dinner cos i like it hot and not lukewarm, of course the bloated factor as well

Comment

Working...
                              X