Freakish Ginger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freakish Ginger

I have oily, clogged skin n lots of black heads. Any recommendations for any good products for me? Currently I am using Origins/Estee Lauder skin care
    Thank you!

Re: Freakish Ginger

Originally posted by ginger
    I have oily, clogged skin n lots of black heads. Any recommendations for any good products for me? Currently I am using Origins/Estee Lauder skin care
    Thank you!
    How about SKII and Ettusais? I am using SKII skincare products mainly & Ettusais Acne Whitening Mask.

Comment

Re: Freakish Ginger

Thank you!
      for clogged skin and black heads -- get derma rx cf and also skii skin refining. first month should see very good results.

oiliness got to depend. if oily + dehydrated skin, i suggest doing intense hydration first. Fancl MCP, [email protected] brightening mask, skii aqua pack all can do the job well.

oily but not dehydrated.... do deep cleansing mask weekly after exfoliation. select balancing masks too. a good one is ayura calming mask. if i am not wrong, shu uemura also got one balancing mask.

Comment

This might come across rude, but Ginger, are your methods correct, to begin with? Get these right first, then you'll know if the skincare products you're using are any good to you.

If money is not an isssue, you may want to start going for facials to get rid of the blackheads and such. Then, slowly, you incorporate a daily routine to put you on the right track. Usually, most of us would suggest that less is more when you're dealing with problematic skin. Refrain hopping from brand to brand.

Comment

Hi hi, thanks for all the advice. Glossie, I do go for monthly facials, think my skin is terribly oily to start off with. I also have started photo reju to improve my skin and my skin is now less oily and much better in terms of appearance.
          I have switched quite a number of brands as I find it do not work well for my skin. Right now, I am using Estee's Splashaway (losing effectiveness!) Origins scrub and Estee's moisturiser and Doc's pres secrum.
          For SKII, I have tried the entire range, only the mask works for me

Comment

Hi hi, thanks for all the advice. Glossie, I do go for monthly facials, think my skin is terribly oily to start off with. I also have started photo reju to improve my skin and my skin is now less oily and much better in terms of appearance.
            I have switched quite a number of brands as I find it do not work well for my skin. Right now, I am using Estee's Splashaway (losing effectiveness!) Origins scrub and Estee's moisturiser and Doc's pres secrum.
            For SKII, I have tried the entire range, only the mask works for me
            How long have u tried on the SKII ? I have been using SKII since last September. I find that it does improve my skin gradually. It has to take time to see the improvements. Of course, u can't expect that it will show u impressive result within several weeks only. Their basic skincare products is most gentle and good among the brands that I had tried on. I will keep using the cleanser, clear lotion, aqua pack & Essence, but not Clear Solution, Whitening source & Mask.

I realized that my acne scars faded faster than before after using SKII. I don't have pemanent scars left usually.

Comment

Hi Ginger,

i guess steering clear of makeup right now would be best for your skin right now.

Hmm maybe u would like to see a dermalogist to get him prescribed some external or even oral medication for you to reduce your clogged pores and oily skin. Otherwise, i heard that the more problematic a skin is, it's best to stick to very mild products that will not aggrevate your oil production.

In the past, i've got really oily skin and break outs so often i wanted to hide my face from the rest of the world. Until the doc prescribed oral medication like antibiotics to 'cool down' my face and mild facial cleanser to balance it off. I used to rely on Retin-A thus harsh cleansers are definitely a No-No.

Drinking lots of water helps as well as it tends to get rid of toxics in our bodies.

Comment

hello gin
                i really don't think your skin is as "problematic" as you have described. if it is, you might want to re-think your skin care regime and the cosmetics you use.

also cleansing is a very important (some say the most crucial) step of your skincare routine. since you wear make-up, you really need to make sure you cleanse thoroughly.

applying creams, masks etc., are part of skincare - but if your skin is not "clean" then it's quite pointless. also, it does take time for skincare products to show it's effectiveness.

when you say the cleansing gel is no longer effective - why ? cleansing gel is wash off - it doesn't "stay" on your face. in fact, it is one product you do not have to splurge on - just need to ensure that it's gentle and does not contain alcohol etc., also, try not to use cleansing products which are too harsh as it will strip your skin and cause more problems !

if your beautician is not helping your skin get any better, maybe you should switch ? facials are once a month - you still need to do regular maintenance at home on a daily basis i.e. PROPER cleansing !!!

good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by Shon
                  I realized that my acne scars faded faster than before after using SKII.
                  Yep, the Facial Treatment Essence aka 'Miracle Water' is my scar healer.

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                    Yep, the Facial Treatment Essence aka 'Miracle Water' is my scar healer.
                    Ya , I am going to get another new big bottle of that. No matter what happens I also must use FT Essence.
                    Last edited by dolphin; 13-11-2003, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shon
                      How long have u tried on the SKII ? I have been using SKII since last September. I find that it does improve my skin gradually. It has to take time to see the improvements. Of course, u can't expect that it will show u impressive result within several weeks only. Their basic skincare products is most gentle and good among the brands that I had tried on. I will keep using the cleanser, clear lotion, aqua pack & Essence, but not Clear Solution, Whitening source & Mask.

I realized that my acne scars faded faster than before after using SKII. I don't have pemanent scars left usually.
                      I used it for about 6-9 months before I give it up as I realise I have more breakouts, but the mask I am still using and I think its great

Comment

Originally posted by gem
                        Hi Ginger,

i guess steering clear of makeup right now would be best for your skin right now.

Hmm maybe u would like to see a dermalogist to get him prescribed some external or even oral medication for you to reduce your clogged pores and oily skin. Otherwise, i heard that the more problematic a skin is, it's best to stick to very mild products that will not aggrevate your oil production.

In the past, i've got really oily skin and break outs so often i wanted to hide my face from the rest of the world. Until the doc prescribed oral medication like antibiotics to 'cool down' my face and mild facial cleanser to balance it off. I used to rely on Retin-A thus harsh cleansers are definitely a No-No.

Drinking lots of water helps as well as it tends to get rid of toxics in our bodies.
                        Hi Gem, thanks for your advice. Actually I went for IPL (for face) recently and I do see a improvement for my skin. I want to improve my skin EVEN MORE! I am really lazy to test out products as I don't do shopping often that's why I love recommendations! Oh so you are using stuff from the doc? Now I am only using a Vit C serum from the Doc, the rest are all off the shelf products.

Comment

Originally posted by j0s1e267
                          hello gin
                          i really don't think your skin is as "problematic" as you have described. if it is, you might want to re-think your skin care regime and the cosmetics you use.

also cleansing is a very important (some say the most crucial) step of your skincare routine. since you wear make-up, you really need to make sure you cleanse thoroughly.

applying creams, masks etc., are part of skincare - but if your skin is not "clean" then it's quite pointless. also, it does take time for skincare products to show it's effectiveness.

when you say the cleansing gel is no longer effective - why ? cleansing gel is wash off - it doesn't "stay" on your face. in fact, it is one product you do not have to splurge on - just need to ensure that it's gentle and does not contain alcohol etc., also, try not to use cleansing products which are too harsh as it will strip your skin and cause more problems !

if your beautician is not helping your skin get any better, maybe you should switch ? facials are once a month - you still need to do regular maintenance at home on a daily basis i.e. PROPER cleansing !!!

good luck !
                          Hi dear, you must be tired of telling me all these. Somehow it doesn't get into my head huh. I am THAT lazy when it gets to beauty products! As usual, you try I use ok? When we next meet, I will have nicer skin that the last time!

Comment

I used it for about 6-9 months before I give it up as I realise I have more breakouts, but the mask I am still using and I think its great
                            So sad to hear that SKII is not suitable for u.... I am agree that not all the SKII products are suitable for us. I can't use the Repair C, whitening source & Clear solution now. Coz I realized that I got more breakouts after using them. Now, I stopped using any of these and my face is clear from breakouts now.

Comment

Working...
                            X