Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumpy skin

Hey all,

My skin texture is sooo not smooth! What to do? What will really work? I want tighter skin that looks like it has been buffed and sanded into a smooth piece of glass. Well, you know what I mean. Any recommendations?

Katie

Re: Bumpy skin

Originally posted by yunity
    Hey all,

My skin texture is sooo not smooth! What to do? What will really work? I want tighter skin that looks like it has been buffed and sanded into a smooth piece of glass. Well, you know what I mean. Any recommendations?

Katie
    I think that rough Texture is mainly caused by dehydrating & enlarged pores. What I do is : scrub at least 1x per week, whitening mask 2x per week, hydrating mask 5x per week & purifying mask 2x per week. Yes, I mask everyday. Remember to use moisturizer after the mask. I am sure ur skin will be smooth and hydrated after this.

Although my skin is acne-prone & oily with breakouts sometimes, my skin is still radiant & smooth. I just use concealer to cover my acne scars. People always think that I use foundation.

Comment

shon,
      you really use so many masks.... im impressed. for me, i will scrub every other day to get smooth skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom
        shon,
        you really use so many masks.... im impressed. for me, i will scrub every other day to get smooth skin.
        Keke..... I am so afraid of dehydrating skin happened. In fact, I still got enlarged pores in nose areas & cheeks. To avoid others' concentration on my enlarged pores, I use hydrating mask & whitening mask as often as I can. Then, people still think that my skin is so radiant and moisturized and forgot about my acnes & enlarged pores.

Even my Korean colleague said that she can't find any breakout on my face and so good.... In fact, I mask everyday.

I find that it is good way to keep my skin radiant all the time and I use very light amount of moisturizer everytime. I don't have new breakout in these few days, only got 2 big bumps in my foreheads. My scars almost 95% fade and my face is getting clearer and clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom
          shon,
          blossom. scrubing every other day sounds harsh to the skin...

Comment

Originally posted by califit
            blossom. scrubing every other day sounds harsh to the skin...
            personally i think eating properly should be the right way take care of your skin..
            you find that after a while, your skin grows immune to the mask (that is what a friend of mine in the skincare business told me)
            scrubbing everyday strips the skin of its natural oils

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
              personally i think eating properly should be the right way take care of your skin..
              you find that after a while, your skin grows immune to the mask (that is what a friend of mine in the skincare business told me)
              Ditto... hence, i also dont advocate masking daily. It also makes your skin unable to cope by itself.... and scrubbing should be capped at twice per week.

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
                I think the immune just same as all the skincare products that u use everyday. U find some products are good when u use at the beginning, maybe after a while ur skin use to product already. Then, u can't see any improvement. I don't think this phenomena is only applicable to the mask only. This is same like when u use anti-aging products, once u stop using it, ur skin is back the condition before using the products. Right?

Healthy diet is important, skincare regime is important too. If both can be done together, it is even better for ur skin.

Comment

i think for yunity now, the best thing is to keep to a simple regime. find out what is causing the bumps. not all bumps are caused by dehydration and not all bumps can be flatten....

masking is definitely not a solution she should engage in now.

Comment

Originally posted by califit
                    i think for yunity now, the best thing is to keep to a simple regime. find out what is causing the bumps. not all bumps are caused by dehydration and not all bumps can be flatten....

masking is definitely not a solution she should engage in now.
                    I think her main concern is rough skin..... although the title is bumpy, but what she mentioned in the post is unsmooth skin...

Comment

yunity,

could you please let us know your current skincare regime? and perhaps provide a description on your so not smooth skin? I think it isn't as bad as you have described.

Comment

Re: Re: Bumpy skin

Originally posted by Shon
                        I think that rough Texture is mainly caused by dehydrating & enlarged pores. What I do is : scrub at least 1x per week, whitening mask 2x per week, hydrating mask 5x per week & purifying mask 2x per week. Yes, I mask everyday. Remember to use moisturizer after the mask. I am sure ur skin will be smooth and hydrated after this.

Although my skin is acne-prone & oily with breakouts sometimes, my skin is still radiant & smooth. I just use concealer to cover my acne scars. People always think that I use foundation.
                        hi Shon,

can check with you, what are the scrub and masks (brands) you're using nw?? hee.. curious..

thanks thanks!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Bumpy skin

Originally posted by JJ_magic
                          hi Shon,

can check with you, what are the scrub and masks (brands) you're using nw?? hee.. curious..

thanks thanks!
                          Sure....

Hydrating Mask:
                          1. SKII Aqua Pack, can be used daily or whenever u need "water".

Whitening Mask:
                          1. Ettusais Medicated Acne Whitening Mask: 1x or 2x per week, I use it twice per week coz I still have some scars.
                          2. Fancl White Mask: 1x or 2x per week. Still leave 2 pieces, seldom use now coz I find Ettusais one is better.

Scrub:
                          1. Estee Lauder So Polish, going to finish soon. The grains are a bit rough, I am going to look for other brands.

Purifying Mask:
                          1. Chanel Precision Instant Purifying Mask: I used about 3 times per week usually. If my face is not too oily, 2x per week. This mask doesn't dry my skin. Anyway, after this mask, I still use SKII Aqua Pack for further hydrating.
                          Last edited by Shon; 13-11-2003, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Bumpy skin

Originally posted by Shon
                            I think that rough Texture is mainly caused by dehydrating & enlarged pores.
                            You talkin' bout me?

I still don't know how I got past this problem about a month ago. Finally took that *fateful* step into the SK2 regime early Oct. Can't say I owe it ALL to this line altho my skin's certainly in its better days now. My routine is the simplest around. Just the Facial Treatment Essence and Signs Treatment - every nightly. Nothing but sunblock in the day. Ocassionally. some moisuriser before the sunblock. But I do alternate with CDLM once every 3 or 4 days. I still end up scrubbing quite often but with a mild one. Masking is done about 2 times a week.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Bumpy skin

Originally posted by Glossie
                              You talkin' bout me?

I still don't know how I got past this problem about a month ago. Finally took that *fateful* step into the SK2 regime early Oct. Can't say I owe it ALL to this line altho my skin's certainly in its better days now. My routine is the simplest around. Just the Facial Treatment Essence and Signs Treatment - every nightly. Nothing but sunblock in the day. Ocassionally. some moisuriser before the sunblock. But I do alternate with CDLM once every 3 or 4 days. I still end up scrubbing quite often but with a mild one. Masking is done about 2 times a week.
                              U have the same problem too??
                              My skin is not that smooth last time before masking so often. At 1st, I just use Aqua Pack mayb in the alternate day but my face is easily dehydrated when in air conditioned room. Since SKII SA asked me to use it daily, I tried and satisfied with the result given.

I think I almost can skip the moisturizer coz I just use less than 5 cents amount of SKII FT milk in daytime and about 5 cents at night for my whole face. I can say my face can't stand too much moisturizer, even slightly more. If not, breakout comes and says "hello" to me again.

My regime is very simple : Cleansing -> Toner -> Hydrating Mask-> FT Essence -> Moisturizer (very very small amount) + Neutrogena Clear Pore -> Pimple cream -> Sunblock (daytime)

Now, Masks (At night only) and Sunblocks (for face & body) are 2 "must"s for me everyday.
                              Last edited by Shon; 13-11-2003, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X