Latest skincare item disaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest skincare item disaster?

Hello! I was inspired by a very unhappy occurrence to write this post. I had a bad reaction to two items I tried out.

Sigh.... last night, I thought I would give some La Prairie samples a trial. I really regret it!! I used LP Cellular Time Release Moisturizer Intensive and LP Essence of Skin Caviar eye complex. First I should mention I have very sensitive, dry skin. B/c of the cold weather, I thought these items would be good to try out. I wish I could undo it all! I woke up with a bright red face, and such itchy eye area! ACK! Not going near La Prairie for a long time (if ever!)

Did you have a recent product you were so excited about and totally wreaked havoc on your face?! Please share!

Me me!! RMK foundation(both creamy and liquid!!) arghhhhh. But I like them soooo much..... :piss: darn zits.

Comment

Not recent but Paula's Choice stuff totally wrecked my skin.

It was a fine & dandy for the first couple of weeks & then BOOM! Cystic acne & crepey skin! I HATE Paula's Choice!

Comment

ooOoooooOooo ... i have had a few of those ....
        - Neutrogena Acne Wash
        - Dermalogica dermal clay wash + special clearing booster
        - PC 2% BHA and blemish clearing solution
        all these products were disastrous !!! red, flakey, peeling, itchy skin and in some instances, cystic acne + swelling !
        totally horrible ! had to use alot of hydrating and soothing masks to recover.

Comment

Few months ago, Shiseido Pureness Oil-free Matifying Moisturizer caused a lot of breakouts on my face, especially forehead and cheeks. :piss:

Then, I realised that SKII Whitening Source, Repair C (sample tube) & Clear Solution caused me minor breakouts too. I just wonder why all the moisturizer or serum that I used cause me breakouts.... :piss:

Now, I had cut down the usage of moisturizer & stop using any serum too. Luckily, my face is recovered. Thanks, god. I can't say I hate SKII coz the basic skincare products suits me well, but not other stuff.

However, I won't touch on any Shiseido Pureness range products, except for the anti-shine lotion. :shout:

Comment

Had a major breakout earlier this year.
            Rant for Paula's Choice too!!! :piss:
            PC 2% BHA broke me out bad. Made my skin red and broke me out.
            Also Kose Sekkissei (much loved by many I know!)... I tried it as a paper mask and woke up with 5 new pimples on my clear cheek the next day!

Steered clear of all these and now my skin's recovering better.

Comment

Originally posted by j0s1e267
              ooOoooooOooo ... i have had a few of those ....
              - Neutrogena Acne Wash
              - Dermalogica dermal clay wash + special clearing booster
              - PC 2% BHA and blemish clearing solution
              all these products were disastrous !!! red, flakey, peeling, itchy skin and in some instances, cystic acne + swelling !
              totally horrible ! had to use alot of hydrating and soothing masks to recover.
              I thought Neutrogena Acne Wash is gentle? I am using the Clear Pore, it works well on my face. I want to try on the Acne Wash but ur review seems like it is not a good choice....

Comment

Anything containing Benzoyl Peroxide kills my skin.

Nivea's oil regulating moisturizer was disgusting.

Bio-essence's mask gave me bumps.

Neutrogena's pore minimising range broke me out in rashes, bumps and gave me raw redness.

I'm a skincare snob, absolutely no drugstore brands for me ANYMORE. :roll:

Comment

No ettusais, no shiseido, no garnia, no rmk foundation, no kose..i think im allergic to japanese products, i breakout horribly after usage.

Comment

Originally posted by caer
                    No ettusais, no shiseido, no garnia, no rmk foundation, no kose..i think im allergic to japanese products, i breakout horribly after usage.
                    Wow. It's funny you wrote that, b/c I was just thinking the other day... if only Japanese skincare didn't use so much fragrance in their items... the ones that work really well for me are the ones that just happen to have no fragrance! Do you think that is what is troubling you? Most of my favorite skincare is Japanese!

Comment

Originally posted by koneko
                      Wow. It's funny you wrote that, b/c I was just thinking the other day... if only Japanese skincare didn't use so much fragrance in their items... the ones that work really well for me are the ones that just happen to have no fragrance! Do you think that is what is troubling you? Most of my favorite skincare is Japanese!
                      Me too.... I got SKII, Ettusais, Shiseido Anti-Shine Lotion & soothing spray & Fancl. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair for Eye is the only exception. Plus Neutrogena Clear Pore....
                      Last edited by Shon; 27-11-2003, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koneko
                        Hey, now thats an idea. Seriously, that thought did not crossed my mind at all. hmm..i will continue to monitor my situation to see if fragrances are indeed the one that wreck havoc to my skin *crossed fingers*

Comment

hi shon - in my opinion, proceed with extreme caution on the neutrogena acne wash. it contains salicylic acid which is not for everyone. i find it too harsh for me. btw, i have sensitive/combination/occasionally dehydrated skin. 'cos of my skin's aversion to salicylic acid, PC's BHA pdts do not work too well on me either. HTHs !

Comment

Originally posted by j0s1e267
                            hi shon - in my opinion, proceed with extreme caution on the neutrogena acne wash. it contains salicylic acid which is not for everyone. i find it too harsh for me. btw, i have sensitive/combination/occasionally dehydrated skin. 'cos of my skin's aversion to salicylic acid, PC's BHA pdts do not work too well on me either. HTHs !
                            I see.... Ur skin is combination to dry? I think this maybe a problem coz Salicylic Acid will dry up ur face a bit (absorb excessive oil).

My skin is combination to Oily and acne-prone, so Salicylic Acis is just nice for my face. Of course, I can't apply large amount, small amount is just nice to keep my face matte and clear. In fact, I use Clear Pore in daytime and thicker layer at night.

Thanks for sharing ur experiences on the Acne Wash, j0s1e267. I have made up my mind of not getting it.

Comment

After a major breakout this year March, I have been proceeding with much care in my skincare.

Culprit-> PC 2% BHA solution. Like Stella, good in the beginning but later my skin flared up like nobody's business.

Just recently, I think La Mer gave me a little pimple on my forehead though I'm not too sure if Laneige might be the culprit as well.

Moral: Never test too many new products in one go.

Comment

Working...
                              X