Pearl Powder for Beauty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Powder for Beauty

i know pearl powder gives you fair and glowing skin. when i was younger, my mum fed me pearl powder for my sickness and for a while i was enjoying fair and glowing skin..
    but of course now she stopped since i am all grown up already. but i am thinking of starting to take it again. any recomendations for reputable brand to get pearl powder? how besides taking it internally , sny suggestions for applying topically? i want fair akin!!!

How about trying the Lo Ha Ka?(think is spelt like this being endorsed by HK actress Esther Kwan)

It is a reputable brand and the pearl powder cost about $109 and last for 3 months. Can be consume or use it for facial products

Comment

Originally posted by babysammi
      How about trying the Lo Ha Ka?(think is spelt like this being endorsed by HK actress Esther Kwan)
      It's LO HONG KA. Have heard about its bird's nest. But I guess those Horse or whatever brands are as good?

Comment

Yes, Lo Hong Ka's birdnest is not that good. Lo Hong Ka one is cut into small pieces and the birdnest quality is not that high. My mum told me that it is better to get the whole piece one and slow-cook urself. It is cheaper to buy whole piece one rather than "cooked" birdnest.

Maybe the pearl powder can consider.
        Last edited by Glossie; 30-10-2004, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
          It's LO HONG KA. Have heard about its bird's nest. But I guess those Horse or whatever brands are as good?
          glossie
          with lo hong ka birdnest, depends on the grade u are looking at?
          my mum tries all sorts of birdnests, i personally dont like it that much (prob treat it as agar agar and drink it in one gulp!)

i think brands doesnt really matter in this case, but the quality and grade is important

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
            i think brands doesnt really matter in this case, but the quality and grade is important
            Yep, should be so. Big names also offer lower-end stuff as more choices for the consumers (excluding the real agar-agar!). The slightly inferior ones *break* more easily than the higher-grade ones. Leave them to cook for too long, they disintegrate into choppy bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
              Big names also offer lower-end stuff as more choices for the consumers (excluding the real agar-agar!).
              hee i actually prefer agar agar more my dear
              mum used to double boiled the nest with rock sugar (abit disgusting thinking it is the birdie's salivia) but well, i prob eat it cos it is said to be good for complexion
              Last edited by Glossie; 30-10-2004, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Pearl Powder for Beauty

I've been reading on Pearl powder:
                Long a favorite of Asian women. According to ancient Chinese history, artistes in the Tang Dynasty began using Pearl Powder on their faces to protect and beautify their skin when applying stage makeup. During the Ching Dynasty Empress Dowage began taking Pearl Powder internally as well as applying it to her face.
                Mix it into a favorite beverage and drink, or mix it into cold cream or lotion and gently massage into skin. You will notice the skin feeling smoother, softer and more youthful looking.

I wonder how many ppl have used it before?

Comment

where to purchase pearl powder and around how much is it? anyone here actually tried it and seen improvements? quite interested in getting fair skin too! my skin is yellow! yucks.

Comment

still feel so :huh: ..... still cannot convince myself that pearl powder is edible.... because pearl is something...not edible right?? :huh:

Comment

i just bought pearl powder from the chinese medicinal hall.... so small bit for 10 bucks....ahh.....i bought yi fen. think its like how many teeny weeny grams? or milligrams? haha.
                      anyway i havent used it yet....

Comment

Pixash: tell me about it after you have tried it!! anyway are you eating it or applying it to your face? can be used in both ways right? i read from the other forum got one feel that her skin is smoother after applying pearl powder from china.

Comment

used to apply them when i was younger
                          my ma used to apply on my face
                          didnt think it was much of a use...oh well i dont have much of a prob skin though :roll:

Comment

anymore reviews on pearl powder?

any girls here applying pearl powder on their face? if so, where do you buy the pearl powder from, how much is it, and how do you use it???

Comment

IIRC, my Sec 2 Science teacher once told our class that pearls contain mercury. She mentioned an incident in which someone applied some stuff with pearls (not sure if it's in powder form cos my memory is failing me here ; anyway either pearls or the powder was the main ingredient) on her face and had brilliant skin for a short while. And only that short while. After which her skin deteriorated to an awful state, with plenty of permanent spots and large areas of pigmentation due to the mercury. We were comparing the relative merits of alcohol and mercury thermometres and my teacher mentioned the incident in passing while she was expounding the dangers of mercury.

However, this happened many years back thus I can't be sure since my memory doesn't always serve me well. But you know...just to share

Comment

Working...
                              X