Ways to increase product absorbancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to increase product absorbancy?

anyone knows any methods to increase absorbancy of products we put on our skin? because i've read somewhere that not all the amount of the product we apply will be absorbed in by our skin. maybe only 20 to 50%. that means when you apply like a treatment product that costs let's say 70 bucks, atually only 20 bucks worth of products is absorbed in by our skin. so how do we increase the absorbancy of products into our skin? does using masks or steaming helps?
    Last edited by nicole; 18-12-2003, 12:37 AM.

Exfoilation helps. It removes surface dead cells and unclog pores overtime, and this aids in better asorbency.

Comment

I agree with Elain about exfoliation. I believe steaming helps to, but I was told and read that steaming should not be too often, so perhaps you could use the steaming method to increase absorption of treatment products only just before you do your weekly masks?

Comment

For all topical products (products applied on the skin), the best permeation of these products occur when the skin is still very slightly damp. So, applying face products and body products right after bathing and patting dry your skin with your towel will be the most ideal. The slight moisture content in the cells of the top layer of the skin help to absorb whatever is applied on better

HTHs

Comment

Hmm.. i would think so too..
          Regular exfoliation n a light massage during application should do the job nicely!
          Last edited by suGarsweet; 11-12-2003, 09:38 AM.

Comment

haha! thanx a lot people! using the aspirin mask is a good exfoliation method right?

Comment

Originally posted by qian
              haha! thanx a lot people! using the aspirin mask is a good exfoliation method right?
              The asprin dissolves into a grainy paste, not a smooth one. Plus Asprin contains high amts of BHA, so its a physical and BHA scrub at the same time. But not everyone suits asprin. Some are allergic to BHA. Better to test it out for the verdict

Comment

thanx sweetmango! but i'm using neutrogena clear pore and their facial wash which contains BHA so i don't think it will be too much a problem for me. but think i'm going to go down to the pharmacy and get disprin and try it out for myself tomorrow. but if i get terrible breakouts that means i'm allergy to it is it? *touch wood*

Comment

I believe using a toner before applying moisturiser will helps in letting the skin have more absorption of the products. It is because after applying toner, skin will be a bit damp and moisturiser will be 'trapped' into the skin.

Comment

I highly recommend EL's Therma-D scrub! This works like heaven and I can see that my skincare gets absorb much better.

One word of caution, use a very minimal amount. Some people do break out from this.

Comment

where to get the EL scrub and how much is it? but breakouts.. hmm.. may think twice about it. =)

oh ya anyway i saw this thing at watson bedok today. argg. forgot what is it called. 168 bucks. only remember the price haha. but it's used for face. i think for washing face. and increase absorbancy of products?! and can be used on legs and places where you want to slim down. sort of like a slimming machine or something also. i go check it out again another time.

Comment

read Laneige's skincare steps they say apply onto skin & then press the whole palm & fingers to 'warm' the face - peak a boo style, this aids absorption too!

Comment

hey sk2 treatment essence helps increase absorbancy of products too right?

Comment

For me, yes.

Comment

as mentioned in other threads, with the renewal cycle running its optimal 28 days, products are absorbed optimally too.

Comment

Working...
                              X