Facial sponge - remove mask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facial sponge - remove mask?

just wondering what kind of sponge you use for gentle cleansing or removal of clay mask especially mask like Origins Clear Improvement?

used to use Sasa's orangey sponge & now, Origins white soft sponge.

read before that you need to get those which will dry fast, so that it has little chance for bacteria to 'grow' on it..
    & not advisable to use sponge if you have acne-prone/sensitive skin.
    Are these true?

I'm using the Shu Uemura's sponge. This is great stuff ... cleanse well, not too harsh on skin( i used it even on my eye area) and it hardens when dried up ( this reduced the risk of contamintaion).

IIRC, it is called the Eponge? Or something like that. It's in a bright electric pink and really lasting! Mine has been used for 2 years and still as good.. Opps.. which reminds me i should change it soon! Cost around $20 the last time i bought it.

:choice:

Comment

yes ponine, i heard about Shu Uemura's pink sponge.

went to CK Tangs yesterday & SA said they have stop selling quite long ago..

any other alternatives?

Comment

I used dampened cotton pads (the kind you use with toners and eye MU removers.). It works well for me everytime. I figured that its alot more convenient (no washing) than sponges.

Comment

I use cotton pads like Sweetmango too! No washing of sponges required and no risk of accumulation of bacteria

Comment

i used the normal kind of sponge one buys from watson. Think its $2.99 for 4 pieces. Very affordable and worth it!

Comment

oh yeah cheap & good choice too.
              forgot about the cotton pads hee

but when we go for facial, they will use those facial sponges too.. are you as tempted like me to ask them this silly question 'do you sell them'? haha

Comment

oh dear! I didnt know got to use sponge to remover clay mask! Been washing my face with just water (no soap) only... oh huh

Comment

it's okie to use water too. only it takes longer i think..

just that i'm using sponge so that the clay mask can come out easily.. use gentle strength, not rubbing..

Comment

Originally posted by Blu_Volka
                    oh dear! I didnt know got to use sponge to remover clay mask! Been washing my face with just water (no soap) only... oh huh
                    Hey, it is ok.... I used to do that too. Just that it took longer than without the cotton pad If you are using the rinse off method without sponge, just make sure you rinse thoroughly and remove every traces of mask from your face

Comment

Originally posted by ibonne
                      yes ponine, i heard about Shu Uemura's pink sponge.

went to CK Tangs yesterday & SA said they have stop selling quite long ago..

any other alternatives?

Stopped selling?

I love that sponge! It's so durable!! Arghh.. have to start sourching for new sponge.

Comment

ponine, let me know if you have found something as good quality as Shu's Pink Sponge.

TIA
                        :bestwish

Comment

FANCL has a sponge for cleansing.

Comment

thanks. have you used it before?

maybe will pop by FANCL later to take a look at the texture & price (impt!).

Comment

Originally posted by ibonne
                              thanks. have you used it before?

maybe will pop by FANCL later to take a look at the texture & price (impt!).

you mean the facial puff? that one is $12. its for cleansing of the face with the powder wash. acts as an exfoliator too

Comment

Working...
                              X