Acid based products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acid based products

Like AHA (Glycolic Acid), BHA (Salicylic Acid), or/and enzyme based products. I found it's quite essential for my easily clogged pore and acne forming skin. I've used and like the following. What do you reccomend your findings?

PTR AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel - Most my pimples, clogged pores are gone.

MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Hydra-Masque (10% Glycolic Compound; 1% Beta Hydroxy Acid; 0.1% Proteolytic Enzyme-Papaya; Vitamins A & E). It has weird yellowish color but it's gem in the tube. Most my deadskin are gone and skin brighter. The best acid base mask!!

Clinique TTA cream (with BHA): it can "move" the dirts deep down slowly to the surface = clearer and smoother skin.
    Last edited by glenda; 17-12-2003, 11:06 AM.

AHA & BHA

I got these skincare products:

1. SKII Clear Lotion - a Mild AHA Toner which helps to remove dead cells.

2. SKII Skin Refining Cream - an active BHA cream to dissolve excessive sebum whiteheads & blackheads. I use this for my nose area every night. Not encourage to use it on inflammated acnes.

3. Neutrogena Clear Pore - my HG BHA products now. It helps to clear my pores in cheeks & foreheads and doesn't dry out my face.

4. Josephine Pimple cream - A BHA pimple cream helps to melt my stubburn whiteheads in foreheads & cheeks. It doesn't dry out the pimples. Although it takes longer times to see the result for those stubborn acnes, it is fast to clear newly formed pimples.

Comment

Re: AHA & BHA

The Neutrogena is it this <a href="http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails.asp?ID=67"> here</a>? If you're using SKII skin refining cream why do you need another BHA things?
      Last edited by Glossie; 13-10-2004, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I love acid-based products too!

Here's what I've tried-n-like or am currently using:
        -Dermalogica cream exfoliant: AHA
        -Dermalogica skin renewal booster: AHA
        -Dermalogica medicated clearing gel: BHA
        -Dermalogica anti-bac skin wash: Salicylic Acid
        -Good ol' asprin: BHA
        -Loreal deep whitening mask: BHA
        -Biotherm white detox essence (day and night):Salicylic Acid
        -PTR power K skin brightener: kojic acid

Comment

Re: Re: AHA &amp; BHA

Originally posted by glenda
          The Neutrogena is it this <a href="http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails.asp?ID=67"> here</a>? If you're using SKII skin refining cream why do you need another BHA things?
          Yes, it is the one I mentioned.

SKII Skin Refining cream is only for problem areas, not whole face. This must be take note. For Neutrogena Clear Pore, I use it almost for the whole face. Then, follow by SKII Skin refining cream for nose area only every night. I feel this way is cleaner for my nose. I don't have "Strawberry nose" now.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: AHA &amp; BHA

Originally posted by Shon
            SKII Skin Refining cream is only for problem areas, not whole face. This must be take note. For Neutrogena Clear Pore, I use it almost for the whole face. Then, follow by SKII Skin refining cream for nose area only every night. I feel this way is cleaner for my nose. I don't have "Strawberry nose" now.
            please take note: the skii skin refining can be used for the whole face.... but just not required since not everyone's whole face gets clogged pores. hence, the SA usually recommends it on the tzone, which is a common problem area.

Comment

Re: Acid based products

Originally posted by glenda
              MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Hydra-Masque (10% Glycolic Compound; 1% Beta Hydroxy Acid; 0.1% Proteolytic Enzyme-Papaya; Vitamins A & E). It has weird yellowish color but it's gem in the tube. Most my deadskin are gone and skin brighter. The best acid base mask!!
              hey where to get the acid mask you talking about? and how much is it? does it help for scars and large pores? thanx!

yup i love acid based products too! using:
              AHA solution from my doctor. the brand is dermalogic if i never remember wrongly.
              BHA neutrogena clear pore treatment
              aspirin mask.
              Last edited by Glossie; 13-10-2004, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Acid based products

I bought it <a href="http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?WID=%7BFF250CB7%2D300C%2D11D8%2D9197%2 D0002B330452B%7D&productid=58"> here</a>. But I think it only ship to the states. It did wonders to my skin and it's not expensive, only US$ 24.50 for a large tube. I like it so much and since I can't get it here so I bought 2 at once. Anyway, back to the mask. It claims it's use " to hydrate and refine, leaving skin softer, smoother, more resilient with a younger, healthier appearance. Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids plus enzymes work together to deliver exfoliating benefits, sloughing off dull, damaged skin, easing away the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles gently without abrasives or irritation. " and I do agree too. It's a mask can't live without for me. So yes, it can help scars and minimize pore since it can clear up the dirts from pores as well as from surface of skin.

And MD Forte is a good brand many people loved too. It's much better than MD Formulations. This mask was " Seen In InStyle Magazine March 03 - Best Beauty Buys"

Hey sounds the Neutrogena clear pore treatment has many raves. May check it out later!
                Last edited by Glossie; 13-10-2004, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Mixing acids

Something I read recently:

Combination Hydroxy Acids (CHA):
                  Equal concentrations of AHA and BHA. These are not recommended as mixing of the two different pH's cause the delivery of only one product at the right pH and the other at a lesser strength. This is a marketing ploy - don't fall for it.

Triple Hydroxy Acids (THA):
                  Lactic, malic citric, glycolic acids, usually has three of the aforementioned acids. It is another marketing ploy. Another not to fall for.

Link on Ingredients and treatments.

Comment

gentle cream exfoliant AHA?

Originally posted by sweetmango
                    I love acid-based products too!

Here's what I've tried-n-like or am currently using:
                    -Dermalogica cream exfoliant: AHA
                    -Dermalogica skin renewal booster: AHA
                    -Dermalogica medicated clearing gel: BHA
                    -Dermalogica anti-bac skin wash: Salicylic Acid
                    -Good ol' asprin: BHA
                    -Loreal deep whitening mask: BHA
                    -Biotherm white detox essence (day and night):Salicylic Acid
                    -PTR power K skin brightener: kojic acid
                    started using dermalogica products & love it too!

do you also notice that the gentle cream exfoliant active ingredient (written on the box) is salicylic acid (BHA)?
                    but i'm confused that it was also written that it is AHA-complex & SA also said that it was..

is it a combination of BHA & AHA = CHA? marketing ploy?
                    Last edited by ibonne; 29-12-2003, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I had checked the ingredients too. However, it is so disappointed to know that there are several comedogenic ingredients. The SA told me that all dermalogica products are safe and non-comedogenic. At first, I am interested in the scrub , but now, I don't want to buy..... since my skin is very acne-prone.
                      Last edited by Glossie; 13-10-2004, 08:24 PM.

Comment

i was rather careless & didn't check only after i bought it.

but i just tried it twice only.. keep my comments first until i used long enough..
                        it seemed that it breaks those whiteheads & blackheads down well...most of them dropped or less obvious..

think i shall use it with care & not over-use it. decided to use once a week only & at night only.. of course sunscreen during daytime.
                        i only leave it for 3-5mins then wash off...
                        not like the bottle said 10-15mins (too long for me!)

Comment

3-5 mins may not be enough for the exfolianting ..... :roll: U better check with the SA who sold this to u.

Don't worry so much ibonne. It may not cause u any problem since individual's skin is different. Just monitor the face regularly and see how the improvement. If it does cause u breakout, u better look for the SA again.
                          Last edited by Glossie; 13-10-2004, 08:25 PM.

Comment

you know when you bought some stuff which is topic-controversial, can get a bit edgy..ha
                            money spent!
                            :choice:

thanks shon! sure will monitor...

Comment

Yes, I know the feeling, my dear. Hope DON'T see any problem on ur face.

P/S: I had ever got the same experience too. So I am very careful when trying new skincare products. My strategies are:
                              1. Get sample 1st & check ingredients. If good & safe, will consider to buy.
                              2. No sample, look at the ingredients and try on hands for the tester for at least 30mins. Just to see whether any allergic or not. Then, check the reviews on that product. If I am very tempted to try, will buy. If not, just forget it.

Last edited by Shon; 29-12-2003, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X