Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blot Facial Oil

Just curious:

<B>1. How often do you use blotting paper in one day?
    2. What is your favourite brand then?</B>

Mine:
    1. tried to keep once in a day, if not twice if i go shopping after work.
    2. GATSBY

Re: Blot Facial Oil

I used to blot every now and then. But i realised the more you blot the more oil your skin will produce so i intend to cut down on blotting and to use tissue to wipe off the oil or shine instead on my face.

So i also try to keep once or twice of blotting in a day and uses gatsby as well..

Comment

try to keep it twice a day, once before lunch, once after work.

used before gastby, johnson & johnson, shiseido and currently using ayura.

find that gastby and johnson & johnson absorbs best.

Comment

Hmm i will used it whenever there is a need if not it look really dirty on our face . I used gatsby, and the pweder type of blotter paper because it consists of kaolin

Comment

Originally posted by Chantille
          Hmm i will used it whenever there is a need if not it look really dirty on our face . I used gatsby, and the pweder type of blotter paper because it consists of kaolin
          Sorry, side thread a bit here.. isn't kaolin bad for skin - pore clogging ingredient?

Comment

Usually it will be twice a day: before lunch and before knock off though i may blot again once more if i'm heading out to somewhere. Don't fancy stepping out of office with an oily face- too disgusting :puke:

Using Gatsby too coz it's bigger than J&J and more value for money

Comment

Originally posted by Summer27
              Sorry, side thread a bit here.. isn't kaolin bad for skin - pore clogging ingredient?
              Huh?? I'm not sure i read it somewhere it says that it's a good ingredients for oil absorb

Comment

Originally posted by Chantille
                Huh?? I'm not sure i read it somewhere it says that it's a good ingredients for oil absorb
                Really.. i also heard it from somewhere is a pore-clogging ingredient.. i think it depends on individual though. if you have been using it for long and there's no problem with it, you are safe..

Comment

Really.. i also heard it from somewhere is a pore-clogging ingredient.. i think it depends on individual though. if you have been using it for long and there's no problem with it, you are safe..
                  Yeah i heard of that too and thus have been staying clear of powder blotters in case they aggravate/irritate my skin. And i don't quite fancy that whitish cast left behind after using those blotters too... but all that's just my personal preference :yaya:

Comment

agreed that too many times will make you face even more oily!

don't dare to use powder one because of sensitive skin again.

also OT a bit: Origins Clear Improvement Mask also contains kaolin if i'm not wrong. hmm....

Comment

OMG !! Thanks summer i guess i gonna throw it away or giving it to someone as i just bought it yesterday !!!!! Thanks ~

Comment

1. I used to blot every 2-3 times a day cause I have super oily skin due to wrong usage of moisturiser. Ever since I dump that moisturiser and used sunkiller sunscreen, I only need to blot once at the end of the day or none at all.

2. Gatsby!

Comment

1. I blot 1 -2 times per day: after lunch and before going off.

2. J & J Blotting Tissue sheet - absorbs the oil well, can use several times for a sheet
                          & Fasio Blotting Paper - Good as in absorbing excessive sebum & sweat. Most of the blotting papers/sheets are water-resistant. This blotting paper is thin, but absorbs sebum & sweat at the same time. Save my time. I know that if the sweat stay on the skin for 2hrs without wiping out, it will enhance the growth of bacteria so. To avoid this, I prefer to use Fasio when I sweat.
                          Last edited by Shon; 18-12-2003, 03:41 PM.

Comment

ok Finally !!! The oil powder blotter paper i bought has some good alternatives ingredients in it here are the link <a href="http://www.substance.com/skin/care/article/0,,218216,00.html?arrivalSA=1&cobrandRef=0&arrival _freqCap=1&pba=adid=6836584">Good alternative ingredients</a>

my powder blotters ingrredients are Titanium dioxide, Iron oxides ...

Comment

well, i was one of those that need to rely heavily on blotting papers as my face turn shiny/oily during mid day.

However the more i blot, the oilier i get, and after that, i just need to blot even more. Very disgusting so i stopped blotting, and my face stopped producing as much oil. Now i just tissue off or use tissue to pat gently on my face to get rid of the shine.

Apparently it works!

Comment

Working...
                              X