Anti-oxidant skincare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-oxidant skincare

Reading about EL's Daywear Plus and Ryl's article on anti-aging has started me thinking of antioxidants. Thus, does anyone have good recommendations for a basic moisturiser containing antioxidants, with or without sun protection? Something under $150? Kindly advise. TIA!

Re: Antioxidant

Originally posted by blossomcharm
    Reading about EL's Daywear Plus and Ryl's article on anti-aging has started me thinking of antioxidants. Thus, does anyone have good recommendations for a basic moisturiser containing antioxidants, with or without sun protection? Something under $150? Kindly advise. TIA!
    The EL's Daywear product is one you can consider. I think Andy Lee always recommends this. A coupla others that come to mind:
    Px Timeproof
    Lancome Vinefit (L'Oreal for low-end)

Comment

if your budget's up to $150, you're spoilt for choice!

no recs dear but i don't like Px's Timeproof, left my skin very very greasy

Comment

Originally posted by blushed2003
        no recs dear but i don't like Px's Timeproof, left my skin very very greasy
        Second this Px's Timeproof Lotion (I am refering to the oil-controlling one) took quite a long time to be absorbed on my face. On the whole, I didn't like the oily film on my face. Well, it is supposed to be oil free though :roll:

Blossomcharm, can't think of any recs now too.... I never really noticed if the product contains antioxidant in it But for skin care and with your generous budget, try Biotherm

Comment

Thank you, folks! The search for a product is always quite an exciting process.

Comment

2 more products that contain anti-oxidants:

Clinique Repairwear Day (cream or lotion) SPF 15
            Shiseido UV White essence $54 (sorry I forgot the exact name). Contains polyphenol, the same one found in Lancome's Vinefit and L'Oreal.

Extracted from Women's Weekly (J.Lo is covergirl)

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
              2 more products that contain anti-oxidants:

Clinique Repairwear Day (cream or lotion) SPF 15
              Shiseido UV White essence $54 (sorry I forgot the exact name). Contains polyphenol, the same one found in Lancome's Vinefit and L'Oreal.

Extracted from Women's Weekly (J.Lo is covergirl)
              Ah, good! 2 more choices. This is exciting! Thank you, Glossie!

Comment

for normal skins - i recc EL daywear! i've been using it on and off (not loyal user ) for a few yrs already and i find it good. Do get the lotion for oiler skins and apply sparingly. Abt $65-70 for 50ml? I've not tried the newer version though, they claimed it has more antioxidants in it/ and improved formula . SPF15

Another one is the Laneige water manager emulsion - this is lovely! Good for combi skins. Light and moisturising! Cheap also at $42 for 130ml!! No spf though.

Comment

Anti-oxidant skincare

Anti-oxidant questions:

I just read ryl's interesting article that anti-oxidant and sunscreen are the main things to prevent ageing. And now, I really want to invest on a good anti-oxidant skincare but some questions came up in my mind:

1) Knowing that many ingredients have anti-oxidant property like Vit C, Green Tea, Red Tea, White Tea, etc, which one is the best?

2) And which product contain the ingredient of #1's answer which you'll recommend (you found it's the best one to invest)?

3) which form of product contains anti-oxidant is best for skin? i.e. essence/serum, moisturizer, supplements (pills) etc.

4) Can popping the anti-oxidant pills did all the tricks w/o applying the skincare contains it?

Comment

Just IMHO, I feel that one can apply no amount of skincare products to rival the benefits of antioxidents taken orally- in the form of whole and fresh food.

Signs of body/skin deterioration like aging are only the symtoms, and to apply cure to the root of the problem by taking enough nutrients like antioxidents orally is alot more effective for me than if I were to take actions to supress the the same symtoms. The reason why I personally prefer to absorb antioxidents in the form of whole foods rather than health supplements is because I believe that my body absorbs and processes them much better.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmango
                      Just IMHO, I feel that one can apply no amount of skincare products to rival the benefits of antioxidents taken orally- in the form of whole and fresh food.

Signs of body/skin deterioration like aging are only the symtoms, and to apply cure to the root of the problem by taking enough nutrients like antioxidents orally is alot more effective for me than if I were to take actions to supress the the same symtoms. The reason why I personally prefer to absorb antioxidents in the form of whole foods rather than health supplements is because I believe that my body absorbs and processes them much better.
                      Thanks....what kind of foods contain anti-oxidant property?

Comment

Extracted from MUA by Frizat (answer to my question posted on the skincare board), which I found it's a good answer.

"Vitamin C. Ask a derm (I did) and he told me vitamin c is a very good anti oxident.
                        I like Serum not creme best because it has higher concentration of ascorbic acid.The only form of vitamin c proven to lighten dark spots and diminish wrinkles.

I like cellex c serum or skin ceuticles."

Comment

Green Tea consist of good source of Anti oxidant

Comment

Originally posted by Chantille
                            Green Tea consist of good source of Anti oxidant
                            Yup but not sure it's the best anti-oxidant. I heard Vit C (L-Ascortic (sp?) Acid) is the best but not so stable.

Comment

Originally posted by glenda
                              Thanks....what kind of foods contain anti-oxidant property?
                              These have grand amts of antioxident: Broccoli, tomatoes, strawberries, asparagus, capsicums, brussel sprouts, blueberries, etc..

Comment

Working...
                              X