Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleansers with salicylic acid? any?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cleansers with salicylic acid? any?

    Anyone knows of any cleansers which contains salicylic acid? Both high end or drugstore is fine

  • #2
    loreal pure zone

    it kinds of sting on me a while and has a minty feel, hope this helps

    Comment


    • #3
      ohh, loreal pure zone contains salicylic acid? i've tried the sample size before but didn't help in clearing up pimples.

      Comment


      • #4
        Payot mousse purifiante anti-bacterial cleansing gel is effective.

        Payot also has an 'active clearing lotion'. It's not a cleanser, but a clear lotion to apply on imperfections & blemishes. Feel that it does a pretty decent job of clearing up pimples. Esp effective when used before pate grise. some of the ingredients: zinc oxide, sulphur, salicylic acid, tea tree oil.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kiss_me
          ohh, loreal pure zone contains salicylic acid? i've tried the sample size before but didn't help in clearing up pimples.
          Hmm since it did not help u clear pimples , think dont suits uyr skin then. MAybe try Tea tree oil cleanser, The Body shop ones

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wonderkid
            Payot also has an 'active clearing lotion'. It's not a cleanser, but a clear lotion to apply on imperfections & blemishes. Feel that it does a pretty decent job of clearing up pimples. Esp effective when used before pate grise. some of the ingredients: zinc oxide, sulphur, salicylic acid, tea tree oil.
            is it special 5?

            Comment


            • #7
              Yup, special 5

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wonderkid
                Yup, special 5
                I find that with the use of special 5, pate grise works better.. .

                anyway, special 5 is sort of an anti bacterial lotion, which facialists use after extraction usually.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I believe Biotherm's Polishing Clarifying Cleanser contains salicylic acid. I read that salicylic acid does its work properly only when its left long enough on the skin. Salicylic acid-based cleansers might not be as effective as other salicylic acid-based products because cleansers are usually washed off our skin w/in a short period of time. JMHO.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chantille
                    Hmm since it did not help u clear pimples , think dont suits uyr skin then. MAybe try Tea tree oil cleanser, The Body shop ones
                    i'm not too sure salicylic acid clears my pimples b/c i am using Neutrogena clear pore treatment and my blemishes cleared off so i was wondering if its salicylic acid that is doing all the work.

                    tea tree doesnt work for me but i looove the smell, weird huh

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sweetmango
                      I believe Biotherm's Polishing Clarifying Cleanser contains salicylic acid. I read that salicylic acid does its work properly only when its left long enough on the skin. Salicylic acid-based cleansers might not be as effective as other salicylic acid-based products because cleansers are usually washed off our skin w/in a short period of time. JMHO.
                      no wonder my pimple gel work
                      i think i should change my cleanser to something that contains salicylic acid as well... keeping my fingers croosed that the pimple gel will work in the long run...
                      pimple gels will only work in the first few weeks for me

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        neutrogena oil free acne wash and clear pore treatment.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kiss_me
                          i'm not too sure salicylic acid clears my pimples b/c i am using Neutrogena clear pore treatment and my blemishes cleared off so i was wondering if its salicylic acid that is doing all the work.

                          tea tree doesnt work for me but i looove the smell, weird huh

                          hahah not weird its unique but tea tree oil they are like some dettol smell right those medicine medicine type of smell ~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            biotherm acnopur contains BHA as well.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Another one to try with beads in it is the cleanser from Oil of Olay's Age Defying series. It's called Daily Renewal Face Wash.

                              Actually I do believe in the use of BHA in every kind of skincare, but that's just me. Biotherm's White Detox cleanser used to have a good dose of BHA until they reformulated the whole series and took out BHA from the cleanser . I used that initially and the small bumps on my cheeks were all gone. So I believe, to a certain extent, BHA in skincares does help.

                              I'm alternating between the OoO and the L'Oreal now. The OoO is a cream cleanser by the way, while the L'Oreal one comes in foam, cream and scrub formula.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X