BEST sunblock for ACNE-prone skin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST sunblock for ACNE-prone skin...

Any recs? price is not an issue as long as it works, not oily and doesn't clog

thx

lancome UV expert SPF 50 works for me it's only slightly oily, but no breakouts! my HG sunscreen for now.

Comment

more recs???

Comment

Loreal SPF50, same as Lancome but even thinner in texture. And cheaper too! Metro now having 20% off.

It's under $20 while the Lancome one costs $62. Both are the same size, IIRC.

Go for sunscreens by the Loreal group as they got some patents for some sunscreen stuff which makes them unique. I was told to go for European, US then followed by Asian sunscreens.

Reason being Europe have strict criteria regarding sunscreens so their sunscreens have to be very reliable. The Japanese ones while light in texture don't contain zinc oxide or low amount of zinc oxide. So not so good for protection.

Comment

a therapist recommend to try shiseido sunblock... she said it is pretty good.. I never ask further as I never like the idea of applying sunblock to my face. I replaced it with cosmetic which has spf instead..

Perhaps u could get samples from shiseido n try out 1st?
          Update me if u have try!

Comment

SKII Advance Protect UV Essence SPF20 PA++. In my 2nd bottle now. It is less oily than normal sunblock, but a bit pricy, S$99 for 30 ml. You just need small amount to apply on the whole face, last me about 3 - 4 months for 30ml. No white cast given.

Next option: Cosmo Decorte, SPF25, S$71, 30 ml too. Some cotters are using this. It is cheaper than SKII.

For higher protection, Fancl Sunguard SPF30 PA+++ is a good consideration. It is water & sweat - resistant. S$44 for 30ml, it is quite reasonable. This physical sunblock is a bit oily for me, but very good to use when you have outdoor activitives. Will give some white cast if you apply too much.

Comment

Personally Avene 20++ cream-gel is great. It's matt finish and its very gentle for my acne prone and sensitive skin. I've been through tubes of them! Get them at authorised clinics or NSC for cheaper price!

Comment

i'm using the loreal spf 50 in porcelain, it does't dry to a matt finish for me, but it's cheap and does'nt break me out.

Comment

Can try Sunkiller's SPF25 gel sunblock, available at the Isetan Scotts Supermarket pharmacy absorbs into skin really fast and not oily at all

Comment

Originally posted by Shon
                    SKII Advance Protect UV Essence SPF20 PA++. In my 2nd bottle now. It is less oily than normal sunblock, but a bit pricy, S$99 for 30 ml. You just need small amount to apply on the whole face, last me about 3 - 4 months for 30ml. No white cast given.

Next option: Cosmo Decorte, SPF25, S$71, 30 ml too. Some cotters are using this. It is cheaper than SKII.

For higher protection, Fancl Sunguard SPF30 PA+++ is a good consideration. It is water & sweat - resistant. S$44 for 30ml, it is quite reasonable. This physical sunblock is a bit oily for me, but very good to use when you have outdoor activitives. Will give some white cast if you apply too much.
                    what does white cast means?

Comment

Originally posted by Kitara
                      what does white cast means?
                      Physical sunblock is thicker in the texture. Hence, when you apply it on the face, you can see the colour of your face is whiter and very unnatural. People can notice the colours of your face & body are different....

Personally, I prefer sunblock is light in texture & doesn't give me white cast after applying. Since I don't make up most of the times, it is very important for me to have a natural colour for the face even after applying sunblock.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmopolitan
                        i'm using the loreal spf 50 in porcelain, it does't dry to a matt finish for me, but it's cheap and does'nt break me out.
                        i like this too

it doubles up as a moisturizer.

Comment

how much is the shiseido sunblock?

Comment

I'm prone to clogged pores myself and am allergic to some ingrediant in most sunscreens too!

But I've been using Shu Uemura's TTL Defender SPF 25. It's non-greasy and doesn't break me out, the liquid has a lilac tinge (doesn't come out all 'kabuki' and makes a great makeup base) and smells lovely. Only drawback is that it's expensive!

Cheaper would be l'oreal spf 50 as mentioned by cosmopolitan previously. I used to love it until I became allergic to it as I think they changed the formula!

Comment

I just bought the loreal spf 50 in porcelain and realised it looks kinda oily. it doesnt feel as oily as it seems though. wonder if the non-tinted formula makes any difference? anyone who have tried? TIA!!

Comment

Working...
                              X