BEST cleanser for acne prone skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST cleanser for acne prone skin

hey looking around for a cleanser for acne prone skin. can tell me which is the best cleaner for you all so far, for acne prone skin? wants something that can cures breakouts and prevents them at the same time. thanx. do tell me the prices do! =)

Re: BEST cleanser for acne prone skin

Originally posted by qian
    wants something that can cures breakouts and prevents them at the same time. thanx. do tell me the prices do! =)
    I honestly don't think there is such a cleanser. Products do make a different to our skin condition, but I would imagine that cleansers make the least different as opposed to 'leave-on' ones like moisturiser, serums, essences, or masks. Still, products do that much. The rest of pretty up to your genes, lifestyle habits, or maybe this is just a phase in puberty that will pass on its own? I kinda believe that what you eat makes as much difference as what you use. Load up on the greens, pure water and sleep. Lose the tidbits, fried stuff and junk food. Surely you'll see a major diff in matter of days.

Comment

eh. I believe that a cleanser should be gentle, remove all dirt, etc and yet does not leave the face tight. Don't bother looking for one who says it is able to cure acnes, etc. Sometimes it is just too drying. Focus more on the steps after cleansing. Best bet to prevent breakouts will be to refine the diet and to make sure that your skincare products are not clogging pores.

I think many of us here have managed to prevent breakouts because of the skincare regime, not solely dependent on the cleanser. Give cetaphil for oily skin a try. I think its working great on snowstar.

hth

Comment

Qian, from your posts, I gather that you liked Neutrogena Acne Wash. Did it not work for you?

How about taking note of ingredients that might not be suitable for your skin? You broke out from using HABA? You mentioned that Cetaphil worsened your skin condition? How so? What else didn't work for you? Give us an idea.

Do you have a budget? If your skin's sensitive as well, iPSA has a new cleansing mousse for this skintype ($40). Like what Mango and Calif have mentioned, you need to understand some facts first about how and why acne plagues you. Proper cleansing indeed is one way to keep acne at bay, but don't we all wish it's that simple?

You really need a cleanser that's exactly what Calif has prescribed. Gentle yets cleans without drying the skin out. I believe Shon (whose skintype is similar to yours) has time and again recommended SK-II Facial Cleanser. You could buy a sample tub of it at SaSa for a test-drive. Many have had luck with Dermalogica Microfoliant. If you want a sample, PM me.

Comment

actually mine is caused i applied something not suitable for my skin recently only. and it broke me out real bad. cysts. alot. at both sides. v v terrible. and it seems to be like spreading to other parts. i'm v scared. last time all i had was pimples. that's why now i'm trying to find something to save my skin. wants to start with the basics. a cleanser. don't think neutrogena oil free acne wash really helps me much. have tried haba wash powder, cetaphil, clean and clear and shiokubutsu(spelling?!) in the past but none really helps.

Comment

hi, cetaphil for oily skin worked great for me - its in a tube form and foams. did you try the normal cetaphil? thats not for people with acne faces. skin really varies so what works for a person may not work for you.

if your acne is caused by application of a product, i would suggest you use as few products as possible to give your skin a break. Changing products all the time can stress your skin and make things worse.

do look for a good cleanser, imho its very important. a good cleanser keeps your face clean but does not strip it of essential moistures.

I have oily sensitive skin and there are what worked for me :
            - Cetaphil oily skin cleanser, my new HG

others that were okie :
            - Phytomer cleansing milk
            - Darphin intral cleansing milk
            - Avene gentle cleansing milk, not the tissue of kind
            - Ellan Lange cleanser
            - Eve Lom cleasning balm, not for daily use.

Comment

the cetaphil i used does not foam one. and not in tube form. where do you get the cetaphil for oily skin from? so the cetaphil that you all have been raving is cetaphil for oily skin and most probably not the one i have used?

Comment

oh i remembered why i didn't like cetpahil already. i feel that it doesn't clean well. don't like it leaving a flim on my skin. now i'm thinking of trying biotherm clarifying cleansing gel or smt like that or avene or simple. but not sure which one should i try first.

Comment

yes, the one i use is "cetaphil for oily skin" written across it. it foams and is clear colourless liquid. it doesnt leave a horrible film of oil on my skin unlike the normal cetaphil.

Comment

Originally posted by qian
                    actually mine is caused i applied something not suitable for my skin recently only. and it broke me out real bad. cysts. alot. at both sides. v v terrible. and it seems to be like spreading to other parts. i'm v scared. last time all i had was pimples. that's why now i'm trying to find something to save my skin. wants to start with the basics. a cleanser. don't think neutrogena oil free acne wash really helps me much. have tried haba wash powder, cetaphil, clean and clear and shiokubutsu(spelling?!) in the past but none really helps.
                    Hi Qian,
                    a mild cleanser (gel) will work better on acne prone skin. Even for me now, I'm using a super cheap anti-bacteria cleanser (less than $3 per bottle) I got from NSC. Brands like Neutrogena can be drying I feel. Same as you, powder wash is pretty harsh and didn't work well although it really cleans thoroughly. Check out the pharmacies (drugstore or rather), get an anti bacteria cleanser.

Comment

I have sensitive, combination oily, problematic acne-prone skin and I've tried tons of low to high-end cleansers out there from cetaphil, neutrogena, phytomer, dermalogica to la mer, la prairie, cle de peau, skII, etc.. until i finally discovered the luxurious Shiseido The Skincare Gentle Cleansing Foam - I love this cleanser! The no-frill Johnson's Head-To-Toe baby wash is wonderful too though it's not as luxurious/as lovely as Shiseido, it's gentle yet effective.. and the price is unbelievably cheap..
                      Last edited by simplicity; 19-11-2004, 08:51 PM.

Comment

can somebody tell me where can i buy the Cetaphil oily skin cleanser from? i can't seem to find this at guardian or watsons.
                        Thanks heaps!

Comment

Yeh, where did you find that Cetaphil oily skin cleanser? I've been looking for that for months! All I see on the shelves of pharmacy and watson is for normal skin, in bottle...

Comment

Try NSC.

Comment

I've seen Cetaphil for oily skin at the NUH pharmacy. HTH!

Comment

Working...
                              X