Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused skin :(

Girls, my skin needs to be rescued! :yaya:

My skin seems to have broken out into tiny little bumps, not exactly zits i would say, but smaller. i can see them, and vaguely feel them on my skin, where it used to be smooth without any bumps. but now it's all bumpy! is this an allergic reaction?? my sister seems to have broken out into these a while ago. however we were on different cleansers at the time, and now i am using Cetaphil just like her. i wonder what's wrong... now my forehead is also covered in angry little zits! i never used to have this after switching to Clarins' Cleanser. (using this for almost a year already) but now it's back with a vengeance!

will changing a cleanser help? i don't use foundation by the way.

i was thinking of getting IPSA's cleansing foam but not too sure if changing cleansers now would make things worse.

zhirong, i think u have an allergy going on!

hmmm bumps always appear on my face whenever i am being too experimental...

actually can try stopping the cleanser for the moment (i break out badly in cetaphil )
    wouldnt encourage changing cleanser as it can make matters worse...
    do continue using your moisturiser though

hope ur skin gets better

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
      zhirong, i think u have an allergy going on!

hmmm bumps always appear on my face whenever i am being too experimental...

actually can try stopping the cleanser for the moment (i break out badly in cetaphil )
      wouldnt encourage changing cleanser as it can make matters worse...
      do continue using your moisturiser though

hope ur skin gets better
      hello dearie does that mean i should stop all cleansing but keep up with the moisturising? :huh: then what about the oil that appears on my face at the end of the day ?

Comment

when i have allergies, i use just water, and also medicated face washes like sebamed (just at nite)

hope that helps
        i didnt think it will be that terrible not using a cleanser

err, keep clear of makeup too for the time being?

oops
        i think i started a new thread
        can the mods help me to delete it pls?
        thanks

Comment

I have the same problem!!!

Comment

Islande, I have same problem now too... So strange that my forehead got lot of bumps & breakouts, also some near the cheeks....they just appear angrily. For those can be squeezed out one, I squeezed them. For those can't be squeezed one, i just be more patient by applying my pimple cream. They all seems subsiding now, left only 2 acnes in forehead near nose area.

Then, keep track of what I had done during the past few weeks. I realize that I don't have enough sleep & eat lot of seafoods & deep fried & spicy food. That time was during Chinese New Year, I just didn't take care of my diet & lifestyle. Thanks god, my face is recovered now.... only that 2 acnes in the forehead....

I think I really have to take care my lifesyle & diet anytime & anywhere. My regime still is: more fruits, more vegetable, less meats & seafoods, more yoghurt & Yakult/vitagen & enough sleep and sleep early.

Comment

xue
              is it bcos of stress u have all these bumps?
              i think change of weather is also the cuprit

Comment

yes, a factor too.... I remembered when I stay in KL for 2 weeks, my face was just ok....then only when I came to Singapore, all problems just appearred together at the same times..... :roll:

Comment

I really don't know if your bumps are due to an allery or bad skin reaction to a new product (hey aren't they the same thing )

Anyhow, what that happens to me, i used the SKII refining treatment and paitently wait for it to 'melt' away those annoying bumps. I never squeeze them because they will erupt into real angry red pimples! :piss: Took about less than a week for the refining treatment to work for me.

HTH!

Comment

no squeeze! painful and the open areas allow more bacteria to attack u

i think the problems that occur are the same
                    one or another factors add up to having bumps!
                    (Periods, stress, weather, bad eating habits!)

actually i dont think fried foods is bad, i indulge once in a while but i have to suffer the consequences (scratchy throat!)

Comment

hey i think you're having an allergy reaction? cos i also had the same problem as you when i used olay total effects moisturiser. my cheek area got abit bumpy and reddish, but they dont look like pimples... better stop using the new product that you're using now and it will subside soon.

Comment

Yes, squeezing pimples is not good but I find that it works better to subside my pimples. Of course, I can differentiate which one can be squeezed and which one cannot. I had tried not to squeeze the pimples at all, however, it doesn't help much on my problem. Somemore, they are left as scar after subsiding by themselves. These scars usually take longer time than scars (that I squeeze myself one) to fade aways. Maybe 1- 3 months.... For those that can be squeezed, usually it is easy to be squeezed even when you squeezed very lightly. Normally, no scar or scar takes about a week to fade away. Strange huh for my face..... I have no idea too even if you ask me why....
                        Last edited by Shon; 23-02-2004, 09:25 AM.

Comment

thank you Shon, cupcake, viv, elaine and Xue!

i was just wondering, perhaps it is due to over moisturising that these bumps come about? :huh: but yeah it's probably my skin acting up due to some reason or other. i'll cut down my routine as suggested by viv, and let me skin rest for awhile. meanwhile i'm going down later to check out the IPSA cleanser! i may just change to that after some time, and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by elainetsai
                            I really don't know if your bumps are due to an allery or bad skin reaction to a new product (hey aren't they the same thing )

Anyhow, what that happens to me, i used the SKII refining treatment and paitently wait for it to 'melt' away those annoying bumps. I never squeeze them because they will erupt into real angry red pimples! :piss: Took about less than a week for the refining treatment to work for me.

HTH!
                            elaine dear, what is the refining treatment supposed to do?

Comment

Originally posted by islande
                              i was just wondering, perhaps it is due to over moisturising that these bumps come about?
                              Welcome, Islande. Over-moisturising is a problem too , just try to avoid using any rich or non-oil free product if you have an acne-prone skin. Appropriate moisturizing is still a neccessity for the face.

Comment

Working...
                              X