Double Cleansing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Cleansing

Hi, I think I had asked this question before but I still can't find the definite answer for that. Ok, my question is:

"Do I need to double cleanse my face?"

I don't wear any makeup & lipstick at all nowsadays, only sunscreen which is not water resistant too. I just wonder I can skip my Shiseido Face Cleansing Gel (for makeup & sunscreen) and only cleanse my face with my SKII Facial Treatment Cleanser or not. :roll:

Is that true that normal cleanser is able to clean the non-water resistant sunscreen as well? I find that it is very troublesome to double cleanse my face..... even though only for at night... I am lazier these days of double cleansing, scrubing & using purifying mask. I had stopped using any scrub & purifying mask, not much different for me before and after. Hence, i just wonder I can do this for my double cleansing too.... I want to keep my skincare regime as simple as I can now....

Any advice & opinion is very appreciated, thanks!

I only double cleanse my face when I put on makeup. Days when I don't put on makeup (i'm using suncreen as well), I just cleanse my face my SKII Facial Treatment Cleanser. I feel that it is able to clean my face throughly.

Comment

Originally posted by flo
      I only double cleanse my face when I put on makeup. Days when I don't put on makeup (i'm using suncreen as well), I just cleanse my face my SKII Facial Treatment Cleanser. I feel that it is able to clean my face throughly.
      Same SKII Cleanser user here. Actually, I didn't double cleanse my face last night. So far, i don't see any bump on my face now.... :roll:

Comment

Sunblock is just something sitting pretty on your face like all make-up color, so it's best to cleanse with a make-up remover/oil.

Comment

Originally posted by huili
          Sunblock is just something sitting pretty on your face like all make-up color, so it's best to cleanse with a make-up remover/oil.
          Even if the sunblock/sunscreen is not water-resistant? :roll:

Comment

I do double cleansing everyday unless i don't go out of the house.

But that is because i'm using Sunkiller's Clearwater sunblock and it leaves a waxy feeling on my skin if i don't cleanse it away with my oil makeup-remover first.

Comment

I'm glad this question was posted - i never double cleansed before joining CC and always believed that a good cleanser should be able to take off oil, makeup, dirt, etc. At least this seems to be the North American belief. I don't mean to categorize people according to where they live, but it occured to me lately that most people in Asia double cleanse while North Americans don't. (I'm not sure about the rest of the world.) Can anyone tell me why this is? :huh:

I just started to double cleanse because i read that most people on CC believe in using a makeup remover prior to their normal cleanser. I've always used a toner, so does that mean i still need to double cleanse or not??

Hoping for replies

Comment

I think make remover/cleansing milk/cleansing oil & cleanser are different. The 1st one is mainly for removing makeup & cleanser is mainly for normal cleansing I guess. Toner is just another step to further cleanse your face. Although some of toners claim that they have whitening, moisturizing, pore refining results, there is lot of reports mentioned that toners can't do much on these. :roll: In fact, if you have dry skin, it is not encouraged to use toner too often. It may just dry up your face if you don't apply any moisturizer followed by it.

Comment

Just wondering, do you double cleanse the neck area?

Comment

Because we've humid weather here in Asia, we tend to sweat and perspire more, so we need to double cleanse, the first cleanse is to remove the make-up, and secong cleanse is to 'zap' the oil. Some do the second step cleanse to put back moisture to the skin.

The first cleanse is already clean enough, but we just need to have second steps to refresh. hehe...

Comment

i double cleanse my face if im wearing sunblock even without makeup..

Comment

I don't use makeup at all. But I still double cleanse. I don't use any special makeup remover or whatever, cause I dont use make up! But, I asked one of the sales assistant, and she said there willl be built up of dirts as well. So, its better to double cleanse.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies
                          I think i'll keep on double cleansing unless somehow my skin turns out not liking it....or if i get too lazy :roll:

Comment

Personally, I only double-cleanse to remove makeup.

So I basically cleanse once with a makeup remover and then another time with my regular cleanser.

Comment

IMO, our skin accumulates alot of dirt/dust from our surroundings so double cleansing will ensure that we have clean skin always If both cleansers are gentle, it won't strip our skin.

Comment

Working...
                              X