Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitening Cleanser Recommendation?

Hello girls,

I am looking 4 a whitening cleanser but don't know where to start with. The Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam looks & sounds very good so wondering if anyone has tried it so far? I used to use Lancome Blanc Expert Whitening Foam but its soooo expensive now.

All suggestions are welcome Thank you!

The white lucent is $56, I think, someone mentioned it before.
    I don't know about you, but whitening cleansers don't really seem to do a thing for me. They just clean my face, that's it. I don't see any lightening or radianting(is there such a word?) of my face.

The white lucent serum works well for me though. Can't rave about it enough, way cheaper than the La Mer's whitening essence which was the only whitening serum/essence that worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by zjaninez
      The white lucent is $56, I think, someone mentioned it before.
      I don't know about you, but whitening cleansers don't really seem to do a thing for me. They just clean my face, that's it. I don't see any lightening or radianting(is there such a word?) of my face.

The white lucent serum works well for me though. Can't rave about it enough, way cheaper than the La Mer's whitening essence which was the only whitening serum/essence that worked for me.
      The white lucent serum that you mentioned, is it sticky after application or would be absorbed like most essence? Whats the retail price as well? Shiseido can be quite expensive. Have to go find out whereabouts selling cheaper.

Comment

I think Biotherm White Detox range is not bad for whitening

Comment

No, it's not sticky at all and absorbed really fast. Think it cost around $150+.

Comment

I've been using ARTISTRY Pure White Essence($73.90) for 5 days, 2x daily, and my skin looks fairer and my radiance restores! Loves it! It's non-oily n gentle even on sensitive skin. Non-comedogenic. Opthalmologist-tested.

I'm quite fair, but after a day under the sun during vday, i'm red and tan like lobster... the glow i had was gone within a day.. sad... desperate, i tried the essence, and i'm very happy with it.

You can PM me to get the product (+ $1.00 postage) or for more info on the PURE WHITE Series.
            Last edited by sunflowerainbow; 07-03-2004, 01:00 AM.

Comment

I am using The Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Facial Foam. It gave me OUTBREAKS on my forehead! I wld advise you not to get it.

Comment

I'm using the Biotherm White Detox cleanser..

Not really sure about the whitening properties, but it sure does seem to make my face look brighter and more alive.

P.S I'm currently using the whole White Detox range.

Comment

Originally posted by Rykiel
                  I am using The Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Facial Foam. It gave me OUTBREAKS on my forehead! I wld advise you not to get it.
                  Oh no! Then I not better get it. In fact, still looking around. Not very satisfied by what most are offering though just bought this L'oreal White Perfect night repair cream & loves it to bits

What have you changed to then?

Comment

Originally posted by Rei
                    I'm using the Biotherm White Detox cleanser..

Not really sure about the whitening properties, but it sure does seem to make my face look brighter and more alive.

P.S I'm currently using the whole White Detox range.
                    Yes! I've heard so much about it. Maybe I should pop down to Metro to take a look this coming wek. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

I've used Shiseido's UV Whitening range's cleansing foam before, and though it didn't really whiten or brighten my face, it did clean my face well. Also, a little goes a long way so a tube which cost about $56 lasts and lasts.

However, if you're looking for products to whiten your skin, you have to use the whitening essence or serums together with sunblock. I would think that the cleansing foam is just to complement the other more potent products.

Comment

I've tried the whitening cleanser from [email protected], Shiseido & Christian Dior... So far, the best i think is the Dior snow range from Christian Dior.
                        For this range they've 2 type of cleanser, 1 is a powdery type whether you mix with water & it foams up abit... This type is my favourite cos its has got something in it that acts as an exfoliator as well as cleanser. If you use this cleanser everyday, don't need to scrub ur face & the result is good I've not exerienced any breakouts so far...

As the other type of cleanser, its more for dry skin & I experienced abit of breakouts but i heard from my frens that both cleanser are equally good.
                        By the way, their Dior snow range is not too bad so oyu might wanna try their sun screen also as that's their star product.

Comment

Try the PCA Clinical Skincare from selected Clinic. www.pcaskin.com.
                          I have been using the PCA Pigment Bar. I swear by it. See results in a week!!! Fairer complexion. It's a a whitening soap. I use it on the underarm and bikini area for whitening too!! On my face, I can see faster result. I think the skin on face is more sensitive so faster result.

I have tried so many brands that claim to whiten, but doesnt work!! I went to Cosmopolitan [email protected] Road, they also have this Pigment Bar. I bought mine from E Medical in Bukit Batok Clinic.

WARNING: ANYTHING THAT WHITENS SHOULD BE ABIT DEHYDRATING. So, I use PCA Rejuvenating Serum to rebalance the moisture. Luv it!!!

Comment

Shiseido White Lucent Line

This line is newer in the US. It replaced the UV White line. Bummer for me since I loved the UV White cleansing foam II. Anyways, I just picked up the white lucent samples. I was told that the foaming cleanser, although good, doesn't have the whitening properties the other products in the line has by the SA. I'm using the cleanser, softener, and the moisturizing gel (heavier than the moisturizing lotion). I like the fresh scent. I don't know if it's brightening anything though really. The spot treatment they used to have is still available. Maybe it holds age spots where they're at - not letting them progress? Not sure. I've heard from some that the spot treatment is the most potent in that line, but not like just using maxi-peel (hydroquinone).

Was hoping to see other's feedback! hth!

Comment

The Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Facial Foam broke me out big time

Comment

Working...
                              X