Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry, Sensitive, Flaky Skin

Hi girls,

I have been using PC BHA 2% solution for the past two weeks, daily before bedtime. As I was cleaning off my makeup yesterday, I realised that my cheeks looked like they're peeling.

I have combination skin and I am also using: :note:

Fancl's moist charge pack (daily) as a hydrating mask
    PC normal/dry cleanser
    PC normal/dry toner
    Fancl Fenatty balance up milky lotion (for combi/oily skin)

How? Should I get another hydrating mask to use in place of the moist charge pack? Or should I be getting a heavier moisturizer? Any recommendations?

Or should I be using the BHA on alternate nights?

TIA :piss:
    Last edited by drusilla; 24-04-2003, 02:10 PM.

I think you should stop your BHA for a while and let your skin recover. I learnt it the hard way that over-drying products are not the way to go for oily complexions. :roll:

I suggest using a very gentle cleanser for the time being and use your MCP daily, plus use a more hydrating moisturiser. The MCP will help hydrate plus gently exfoliate (to rid the flakies). Milky-up lotion is more of a mattifying moisturiser, which could worsen the dryness for now. HTHs

Comment

I agree... stop your routine for a while... and start using the BHA slowly... like once a week first, thank twice, then alternate days... see how it goes....

Comment

Hi drusilla

Welcome to CozyCot !

Anywayz.. i just wanna add that if the flakiness persist, then maybe u can try Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra.

This stuff is great for oily AND yet dehydrated skin like mine. I have to use this and only this can rid the flakiness from my skin.

Hope your skin get back to normal soon. Take care!

Comment

Hey Drusilla,

I agree with what the other girls said,stop what you're using for the moment, they sound too harsh for your oily skin. Oily skin doesn't equal using harsh treatment, on the contrary, oily skin usually performs better with a mild skincare regime. You could be over cleansing/piling harsh products.

I think the Fancl moisturiser is a lil too light to moisturise your flakies. Try a slightly heavier moisturiser targeted at oily skin. I like Phytomer Accept Soothing Skin Cream

Try using a scrub to get rid of your flakies? For a non-grainy scrub, try Phytomer Peeling Vegetal, lotsa girls here like it. For an enzyme scrub, try Origins NADM

HTH!

Comment

Yeah Drusilla, your skin is protesting by peeling. So maybe it'll be a good idea to give it a break for a while. But then even if it's peeling, don't use a moisturizer too rich cos' it may aggrevate your oily skin condition, and in the end you're effectively putting your skin on a roller coaster ride--not very advisable!

Start everything slow and gentle.

Comment

PC stuff made my skin really dry & flaky too! My heart ached so much to see all the crepiness. Will never go back to PC again. It was great for two weeks & then, disaster! It's BAD!

CDLM helped me get rid of the dryness/falkiness. You can try Cliniques moisture surge too - it's great for combo skin & it absorbs right in.

Comment

Re: Eeeks! Flaky face!

Originally posted by drusilla
                Hi girls,

I have been using PC BHA 2% solution for the past two weeks, daily before bedtime. As I was cleaning off my makeup yesterday, I realised that my cheeks looked like they're peeling.

I have combination skin and I am also using: :note:

Fancl's moist charge pack (daily) as a hydrating mask
                PC normal/dry cleanser
                PC normal/dry toner
                Fancl Fenatty balance up milky lotion (for combi/oily skin)

How? Should I get another hydrating mask to use in place of the moist charge pack? Or should I be getting a heavier moisturizer? Any recommendations?

Or should I be using the BHA on alternate nights?

TIA :piss:
                Okay, I'm confused. If you have combi skin, why use normal/dry products? Eh, is the "normal/dry" meant for combi as in to dry up the oil? Am I confusing all now?

Actually, I think you should stop using the toner and switched to another moisturizer. Anyway, I have combi skin and am now using Biotherm's Aqua Source after other moisturizers gave me flaky skin.

Comment

Re: Re: Eeeks! Flaky face!

Originally posted by blush
                  Okay, I'm confused. If you have combi skin, why use normal/dry products? Eh, is the "normal/dry" meant for combi as in to dry up the oil? Am I confusing all now?

Yup, I have combi skin. However, the PC rep. recommended that I use the normal/dry cleanser and toner instead of the combi/oily ones because I was ordering BHA 2% at the same time. She was afraid that if I were to use the combi/oily range, my skin would be too dehydrated. Guess her precautionary measures didn't work *sulk*

Thanks for the advice, girls. I knew I could count on you

I used a gentle facial scrub this morning (H2O sea mineral scrub). No more flaky skin. Following that, I did my MCP mask. I would be getting Moisture Surge Extra some time soon; tried that in the past, and I suddenly remember my fondness for it then I will also stop using the BHA for the time being and see how it goes. I think the PC cleanser is okay 'cos it is quite moisturizing; I kind of like it.

Will update everyone in a week's time Thanks again. *muak*

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Eeeks! Flaky face!

Yup, I have combi skin. However, the PC rep. recommended that I use the normal/dry cleanser and toner instead of the combi/oily ones because I was ordering BHA 2% at the same time. She was afraid that if I were to use the combi/oily range, my skin would be too dehydrated. Guess her precautionary measures didn't work *sulk*
                    Oh I see. Anyway, hope your skin condition improve soon! A consolation, it normally improves FAST.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eeeks! Flaky face!

Originally posted by blush
                      A consolation, it normally improves FAST.
                      That's nice to hear *hugs* hugs*

Comment

sorry to hear, dearie :/ i'd say stop the BHA, *scrub* the flakies away with a *very* gentle scrub (dermalogica's daily microfoliant is the gentlest i know) - because you cannot rehydrate dead skin cells - and THEN slather on moisturiser like you've never before

or if it turns out to be eczema (say the BHA triggered eczema or something) then get some cortisone cream from your doctor!

hope things clear up soon for ya

Comment

Try using aloe vera gel like lily of the desert for few days skipping the rest of skincare regime, it works for me when my skin got very dry and irritated at times.

Comment

Arg.. im so so so so irritated........

I've been using retin A for like..5 months but the areas around my lips and eyes are flaking.. so i thought to include my moisturiser in my morning routine..so i applied PC skin balancing moisture gel... Guess wad.. this broke me out! I can spot 2 new pimples.. :piss: :piss: :piss:

What should i do to reduce the flakiness around my eyes (im so worried about fine lines ard my eyes now) and lips?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Eeeks! Flaky face!

Will update everyone in a week's time. Thanks again. *muak*
                              Okie, a little more than one week has gone by. My skin is back to normal! The breakouts have gone away (is it the BHA? Has anyone broke out from PC 2%? I tried 1% about a year ago, and it didn't give me any problems. I don't know.), the flakes are gone. Only the area around my mouth is very dry, but that has always been the case.

Yay.

Comment

Working...
                              X