Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subtle Senses

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Subtle Senses

    sorry if this is the wrong forum for this thread! wasn't quite sure where to bung this in.

    just received yet another mailer from lady's card this time for offers on spa treatments at


    Subtle Senses
    2 Mosque Street
    Singapore 059483
    Tel: 6220 6656


    there are 2 offers:

    Ray of Light I ($58, usual $210)
    • Face Spa
    • Thermal Mask
    • Floral Foot Spa


    Ray of Light II ($58, usual $240)
    • Coffee & Vanilla Scrub
    • 37-Herbs Swedish Massage


    am so tempted! :choice: has anyone been to Subtle Senses? would appreciate raves/rants, if any - TIA! :choice:

  • #2
    Hey ladies, anyone won the free face or body spa?

    I won it through Cozycot if I'm not wrong :



    Anyone went for it yet?
    Will they hardsell?

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi there I signed a package with them when I got a similar flyer for the lady's card 1 yr ago..i wouldn't continue the package because they seriously super hard-sell!! it's horrible, they can practically talk you till you surrender (that's what happened to me) and their therapists keep changing, so I really regretted signing up because my facial therapist quit. & even though it's a package, the facial sessions still costs about $108 each, expensive..

      Ambience is not bad and facial/massage sessions can really make you fall asleep. but it's difficult to book for slots too plus even if you still have half of the package left, they will start to hardsell & sit you down to talk endlessly after your session, quite difficult to escape. Can try but not to sign up IMO..

      Comment


      • #4
        OMG! That is terrible!
        Guess I should just forgo the offer

        Comment


        • #5
          actually it's ok to just go for the trial since it's complimentary, maybe you can act like you're in a super rush after the session and escape..if all else fails tell them you've got another package with another spa place already & you're just trying out..=)

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm wondering how is the face spa like.... is it like a facial?
            Or just pampering with masks and massaging?
            Anyone knows?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ashlene View Post
              I'm wondering how is the face spa like.... is it like a facial?
              Or just pampering with masks and massaging?
              Anyone knows?

              ya it's a facial! last time I used to ponder what's face spa as well..seriously i think u would be able to get better facials out there compared to so called "face spas" in spa places..like subtle senses their facials costs above 100bucks! but if you use Kose or Clarins facial i think its cheaper if not same price minus the hardsell.. somemore therapists in spas are frequently changing..

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for your reply. I am still thinking about it.....
                A body spa would be like a massage then i guess

                BTW, does the face spa as mentioned above in the ad includes extractions?

                Comment


                • #9
                  think normally they would look at the condition of your skin, if it's too congested they'll do extractions, but more or less there will be some squeezin & scrubbin so that the mask or watever they slather onto your face would be absorbed better..
                  but if u really do try out subtle senses for the 1st time, must remember to ask them if u need to pay for anything that they add during the treatment..else u get charged for something that u think is free..well, that's *** happened to me..
                  =(
                  altho i hate their hardsell, had to admit their facials helped to improve my skin quite abit. used to be very congested with acne around chin area & the therapist said due to water retention abit 'swollen'..after a few rounds really do see effects, plus she does free threading for me.. then my therapist resigned! of coz they gave the usual excuses like she's on leave, she's sick blah blah..end up finally they admitted she quit...

                  haven't been visiting subtle senses for months, now i tried out facials at trial prices at different places, one is Elements spa at The Cathay. not too bad, plus the extractions doesn't hurt much too. signed on their package which is shared between me and my fren so it's more affordable but still their facials r quite expensive..no hardsell in my case so my fren & i willingly took up their package..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    been there once, through some bank's free voucher when apply for credit card.

                    they are SUPER HARD SELL. they will talk and talk, selling you extra treatments, while you are lying down, have your face cleansed. they won't stop unless you agree to take up one of the treatments that they intro you. you can't even have a peace of mind when lying there after the facial, they'll sit you down again to hard sell you

                    so, the whole experience for me is that, they really really and are very very keen to SELL YOU A PACKAGE. rather then selling the excellent customer service or effective treatments. if i am given a free voucher from them again, i will not go for it....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by xuan81 View Post
                      think normally they would look at the condition of your skin, if it's too congested they'll do extractions, but more or less there will be some squeezin & scrubbin so that the mask or watever they slather onto your face would be absorbed better..
                      but if u really do try out subtle senses for the 1st time, must remember to ask them if u need to pay for anything that they add during the treatment..else u get charged for something that u think is free..well, that's *** happened to me..
                      =(
                      altho i hate their hardsell, had to admit their facials helped to improve my skin quite abit. used to be very congested with acne around chin area & the therapist said due to water retention abit 'swollen'..after a few rounds really do see effects, plus she does free threading for me.. then my therapist resigned! of coz they gave the usual excuses like she's on leave, she's sick blah blah..end up finally they admitted she quit...

                      haven't been visiting subtle senses for months, now i tried out facials at trial prices at different places, one is Elements spa at The Cathay. not too bad, plus the extractions doesn't hurt much too. signed on their package which is shared between me and my fren so it's more affordable but still their facials r quite expensive..no hardsell in my case so my fren & i willingly took up their package..

                      May I know what facial products being used at Subtle Senses?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        hi sad to say i don' know! they claim its from france, & do display the stuff in the display cases in the spa place tho. maybe nx time i go i'll note down & post it here to share with u guys..

                        as for me, my facial therapist is a nice lady, she did not hardsell, only will inform if & when there are promo, if u tell her dun wan, she will not pester u. it's the people who are the so called advisors who will sit u down & practically talk u to death when they realise ur package is halfway thru. that's when my therapist left too, so the 2,3 times i been there i gotta like waste half an hr sit there & let them nag at me while i just repeat i got no $ haha. think the next time if they bother me again i'm goin to just lose my temper & tell them off straight in the face ****.



                        Originally posted by waterlily View Post
                        May I know what facial products being used at Subtle Senses?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i am also a customer of subtle senses but for massages.... agree that the customer service rep very hard-sell... but think they give up on me...

                          other than that, i actually enjoy their massage... their massuers very good... i always look forward for my monthly session with them... the massuers usually wont talk unless you start a conversation with them... i always look for the same massuers till they know i prefer to rest instead of talking..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Selling my package at Subtle Senses

                            Hello! I'm selling my package that I got from subtle senses!

                            I have 5 sessions left.

                            Each session you can either choose facial OR massage.

                            Facial (90 mins) consists of 1) facial mask 2) eye mask 3) extraction 4) eyebrow shaping 5) facial scrub 6) face and shoulder massage AND acid peel OR radiofrequency OR microdermabrasion

                            massage (90mins) consists of a 1 hour massage AND a body wrap OR body scrub

                            I'm selling 5 sessions for 400 dollars. (only 80 bucks per session!)

                            drop me a message if you are interested. can negotiate price if serious buyer.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sharing my package

                              Hi people, I've just signed up a package (52 sessions) with Subtle too. My facial beautician is not bad, just that the sales rep hard sell. I'm hoping to find someone or perhaps more to share my package with, 52 is just too long as I have foolishly realised. Please drop me a pm. Thanks!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X