Sunburn!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunburn!!!

i fell asleep on a deck chair and got sooo burned! now i'm all peel-y is there anything that i can do to speed up the peeling process? like scrubbing? or is that really bad? i've tried all the aftersun aloe vera lotions, and the thickest, creamiest moisturizers that i can lay m hands on. am i on the right path?

eeps... i don't think you should do any scrubbing at this point in time. Your skin is bound to be very raw and sensitive now that its burnt, i think aloe vera lotions and gels will help better.

After tanning session, i love to use the aloe vera gel(banana boat green colour gel). Very cooling.

But if the sun was too intense and i feel that i'm going to burn and peel, i usually slather on LOTS of the after sun lotion (the NIVEA one in a light blue bottle is fantastic). If i do that for a few days consecutively, i dont even start to peel.

Comment

i had a terrible burn when i was in australia... came back with just the front part of my body red it was really really bad! so bad that i was radiating heat and when the bf touched me i would jump!

try putting aloe vera into the fridge and applying, instant relief! if it really really hurts, painkillers (asprins) would help to ease the pain. i wouldn't scrub that early cause the skin might feel really really raw. when it doesn't feel that raw to touch, scrub lightly

moisturising (LOTS of it!) help to prevent peeling too!

Comment

thanks duckiee and blis!!!

it didn't hurt much, but it looks quite quite bad! *grin* will try and be patient and moisturize and try not to pick off the flaky skin (ewwwwwwwwwwwwww)

Comment

If you are feeling desperate and rich, what I did was to soak my skin intensively with Kose's Sekkisei lotion masks. It cooled it down and I think it didn't peel as bad as it could.
          However, some gals feedback being sensitive to Sekkisei. So take my experience with caution.

Comment

wondering.... what do u do when it leave bikini marks on u?? Whats the fastest way to restore back the same tone?

One of the thing i dislike, is to wear a tube when u got bikini marks, is like wearing a bra outside the tube Sigh, i got to leave my tubes aside for quite some times i guess

Comment

Originally posted by paphio
              If you are feeling desperate and rich, what I did was to soak my skin intensively with Kose's Sekkisei lotion masks. It cooled it down and I think it didn't peel as bad as it could.
              However, some gals feedback being sensitive to Sekkisei. So take my experience with caution.

i pressume the sensitivity to sekkisei is due to the high alcohol level?
              correct me if wrong?

Comment

fresh aloe vera is really good!!!

Comment

Hi, I just recovered from the most severe sun burn after going for an island holiday..i used to be white and pastey and desperately wanted to have my nice golden tan..so i baked in the sun for hours. When i came back and saw myself..my skin had a nice deep tan but with red edges..it was pretty scary and so painful! I put lots of sun screen though..anyway to help soothe my tender skin i used like half a bottle of Aloe vera gel..98% pure kind..and after sun spray..desperatly trying to save myself.. 2-3 days later my whole body started to peel. i.e my arms, and my legs..yep..all my life i have never had my chest, arms and legs peel before!! Can u imagine? I could actually peel skin off my thighs, chest, legs and shoulders..like paper! I was moulting like a snake!! I think no matter how much after sun stuff u use..ur skin will still peel like mad.can't avoid it. My bed was full of dead skin. .gross right? The good thing is..my face didn't peel at all!! Thank goodness..i owe it all to the derma RX sunscreen. After a week i more of less recovered from the moulting. Hope i didn't scare you! but that's my latest experience with sun burn anyway..

Comment

yes, scrubbing is the last thing you'd want to do!

the last time i was burnt, i slapped on LOADS of moisturiser whenever i can. and it helped very much in reducing the intensity of peeling.

Comment

Cure for Sunburn

Hi,

Any one knows what kinda lotion or powder to apply to face suffering from sun-burn? Thanks alot!

Comment

Aloe Vera Gel. I got mine from Nature's Farm, the brand is Lily of the Desert. not sure if the brand makes any difference cos never used other brands before. the best is u chill the tbe in the fridge then apply to sunburnt area... it soothes and cools the skin

Comment

apply alot alot of aloe vera gel...
                          pls my dear dun scrub it...

Comment

can i apply on the face? Its only the face thats quite badly burnt! =(

Comment

The Body Shop has an aloe vera gel for sun-burnt skin too. My sister bought it when her face was peeling from her sentosa trip and she found the gel pretty good

Comment

Working...
                              X