Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do U Mask??

dEAR bABES,

Would find to hear some views on how u mask your face??

Should i apply the mask after i wash my face when its still damp, apply the the mask and leave it to dry?? or do i wipe my face dry before applying the mask?? :roll:

How much mask should i apply each time?? a thick layer till i cant see the skin on my face or a thin layer of mask.

I see from the latest Kose black mask model that she covers the whole face with mask till i can see her skin. Is this the correct way??

Your views please??

TIA

Re: How Do U Mask??

Originally posted by demigoddess1512

I see from the latest Kose black mask model that she covers the whole face with mask till i can see her skin. Is this the correct way??
    hmm i am not very sure but i do it this way too. however not very thick. i am wondering if i am doing it the right way too. haha

Comment

i think u need to apply quite a thick layer but not too thick..coz u need to peel it off later..

Comment

Re: How Do U Mask??

dEAR bABES,

Would find to hear some views on how u mask your face??

Should i apply the mask after i wash my face when its still damp, apply the the mask and leave it to dry?? or do i wipe my face dry before applying the mask?? :roll:

How much mask should i apply each time?? a thick layer till i cant see the skin on my face or a thin layer of mask.

Your views please??

TIA
        :yaya: Actually the way to mask is according to the nature of the mask. Some masks may just need a thin layer while others need a thicker one to be effective. Timing is also the same but the norm is about 15-30mins. Guess the best bet is to read the instuction.

I do pat my face dry with a towel and apply toner before masking.
        My beautician adviced me to use toner to remove last trace of dirt saying " You won't want to seal in the dirt, will you?" I don't know how true it is as I think that a good cleanser should be able to remove every trace of dirt. But I just do it as I'm use to it.
        Last edited by Caffeine; 13-03-2004, 03:49 PM.

Comment

i also wash and tone before applying a mask.

after washing the mask off i apply toner again.

toner helps to get your skin back to it's normal ph - so you won't over dry your skin. then just moisturise.

Comment

For me I actually exfoilate , pat dry and apply an average layer of mask. I use a purifying mask so it needs to be pretty thick for it to take effect?

I feel that for a wet face to apply mask is pretty useless.
            Ah! I did not know you need to use toner!

Comment

Thanks babes..

I will try your suggestions later this week when i mask again.

What i usually do is cleanse, exfoliate and then mask.
              maybe i will add in the tone as well.

What about for Origins CI, how much mask should i apply, thin or thick layer.
              oh yes, BTW, for those that use the CI mask, does your face feel extremely tight after application of the mask, mine does??

Your views??

Comment

Thanks babes..

I will try your suggestions later this week when i mask again.

What i usually do is cleanse, exfoliate and then mask.
                maybe i will add in the tone as well.

What about for Origins CI, how much mask should i apply, thin or thick layer.
                oh yes, BTW, for those that use the CI mask, does your face feel extremely tight after application of the mask, mine does??

Yes my face feels tight but not extremely tight! It would feel just right. Lots of impurities are "sucked" out as what I was told from an SA.
                Maybe you applied a thick layer and it might be too strong? Try a thinner layer and see how it goes

Comment

I'll just follow the instructions on the tub or from the SA. Normally it's just cleansing the face, pat dry and apply a thin layer of deep cleansing mask as it can be drying. If it's a hydrating mask, I'm game to pile on slightly more.

Comment

so we r suppose to apply toner before and after mask?? this question suddenly popped up today...i dont know when to apply toner if I mask..

Comment

I don't apply toner first. Some toners are suppose to shrink your pores and that defeats the purpose of masking isn't it?

Comment

i cleanse and exfoliate b4 masking.. the facial lady i go to says it's like having to wash b4 polishing the parquet floor. also to get rid of surface debris so the clogged stuff is removed more effectively
                        hth!

Comment

Originally posted by S2pink
                          so we r suppose to apply toner before and after mask?? this question suddenly popped up today...i dont know when to apply toner if I mask..
                          I suppose it depends on what type of mask you are refering to For hydrating mask, applying toner prior to masking is supposed to enhance the absorption of the hydrating agents in your masks.

For purifying masks, I think it will be best to mask without toner. In fact, it will be best if you can have a hot shower prior to masking to open up your pores for the purifying mask to "suck out" the gunks

Comment

Working...
                          X