Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xue
    replied
    Hey girls! If any more newbies want general tips on skincare, do post them here instead of starting a new thread!

This way we can collate all the information so everyone can benefit!

Leave a comment:

• NiteyLychee
    replied
    Hey THANKS 4 ur HELp ppL~!

Leave a comment:

• califit
    replied
    Re: Pls ans my qns ~

Here's my attempt:
    1) Is it neccessary to use makeup remover to wash our face if we wear sunscreen or tinted moisturiser during the day? or a normal cleanser will be enough?
    -- If your sunscreen is water resistant or has high SPF, I would recommend using a cleansing oil or milk to first remove it then use a normal cleanser to double cleanse. Despite having no makeup, dirt, etc gather on the skin. Its best to remove it cleanly.

2)Can makeup base gel helps prevent makeup from cracking on dry skin?
    - What a makeup base does is to provide a canvas for the subsequent steps - foundation, blush, etc. Some bases are moisturising too, and some have oil control. If you have dry skin, opt for one with lesser oil control but more moisturising properties. It will help your skin to be more hydrated and hence not crack up. If your skin is dehydrated, it would be good to have slight oil control, since dehydrated skins usually have problems with shiny tzone (excess sebum secretion due to dry surface)

3)If i have pimple gel, serum and moisturiser, which one do i apply first and last?
    - This is what i do - serum, moisturiser, pimple gel. I do this because pimple gels are usually quite drying. However, do note the instructions stated on pimple gels.

4) Where can i find laneige prdts in singapore?
    - isetan wisma.

hth

Leave a comment:

• stellatan
    replied
    Re: Pls ans my qns ~

1. only if you have acneprone or oily skin - i just to have really problematic skin years back and it became better after double cleansing (i.e. makeup remover + cleanser) even if i wasn't wearing makeup coz the remover would clean the dust and gunk from my face too. using just one good cleanser in this case may not be such a good idea since one would tend to over-compensate with a harsh cleanser. i would suggest a mild makeup remover with your normal cleanser if if you oily and/or acneprone skin

2. makeup base is more for evening out skintone, covering pores and preventing foundation from oxidising. if you use one that is more moisturizing like RMK liquid makeup base, it would prevent your makeup from cracking to a certain extend but for that purpose, a moisturizer is more suitable

3. serum then moisturizer - avoid serum and moisturizer where your pimple is, just dab the pimple cream direct on the spot

4. isetan wisma

Leave a comment:

• Shon
    replied
    Answering Question 1 & 3

1. If you are using tinted moisturizer, the answer will be yes. Tinted Moisturizer is considered a light makeup too, so that you need a makeup remover to cleanse it before normal cleanser. For sunscreen, depends on your preference. Some people feel that it will be cleaner to do double cleansing, whereas, some don't need that.

3. Usually, Serum should be used first before moisturizer, unless it is stated to be used after moisturizer. Pimple gel/cream is in the last step of your skincare routine. So: Serum -> Moisturizer -> Pimple gel/cream
    Last edited by Shon; 15-03-2004, 10:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• stilafaux
    replied
    I will answer question 2.

A makeup base will help to even out the skin tone and help prevent makeup from oxidizing after long hours. I got this from the Laneige SA whom I asked regarding the Green Clear Fitting Base which I bought.
    Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• Pixash
    replied
    Hi i can only answer question one and four.
    1) IMHO, i think a good cleanser will suffice.
    4) Laneige products are sold in Wisma Atria's Isetan cosmetics department.

Leave a comment:

• NiteyLychee
    started a topic Tips on Skincare for Newbies!

Tips on Skincare for Newbies!

1) Is it neccessary to use makeup remover to wash our face if we wear sunscreen or tinted moisturiser during the day? or a normal cleanser will be enough?

2)Can makeup base gel helps prevent makeup from cracking on dry skin?

3)If i have pimple gel, serum and moisturiser, which one do i apply first and last?

4) Where can i find laneige prdts in singapore?

Thanks 4 ur help!

*edited subject*
    Last edited by xue; 03-04-2004, 08:22 AM.
Working...
X