Punggol clinic in Hougang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punggol clinic in Hougang

hi dear all anyone heard of a clinic in hougang blk85 call punggol clinic?? heard from afew friend friends they have been there for consultation for skin problems such as acne breakout but personally i think the doc there is not a derma doc jus a GP but have heard ppl said that the doc there is good in treating skin problems. so anyone been there before to treat problem skin pls let me know thanks!

where's blk 85?! thought there's one clinic also named Punggol Clinic at Hougang Ave 3, Blk 23? Not too sure if it's the same one.... :roll:

Comment

It's opposite serangoon jc. Not exactly opposite but the clinic is nearer to the cross junction.

I've been there a couple of times. The doc will give you pills if you have serious acne problem, 1 blue liquid cleanser & a cream. After avid usage for near 1 year, I realised that it's kind off lost it effectiveness. Not sure why.

Comment

If it's the one opp SRJC, I've been there! Felt like I wasted money on the cream [which made my face more sensitive, red and blotchy!] Damn troublesome too cause you've to wash your face 3-4 times a day. Was effective initially cause of the pills he gave me which curbed my pimples. After that I guess the cream just lost its effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerfairy
          If it's the one opp SRJC, I've been there! Felt like I wasted money on the cream [which made my face more sensitive, red and blotchy!] Damn troublesome too cause you've to wash your face 3-4 times a day. Was effective initially cause of the pills he gave me which curbed my pimples. After that I guess the cream just lost its effect.
          Flowerfairy >> I think it's the same clinic. The cream really makes your face shine, oily & sticky! Even cleansing like 3-4 times, the thin layer of oil film still remains!!! I hated the feeling making it seems that my face is dirty!! I've taken the pills before too. Generally it comes in 2 different colours iirc, orange & pink colour for the seriousness of the face condition. However the pills indeed manage to curb the outbreak of those nasty pimples.

Comment

Yeah I been there before and my brother is currently using his stuff.

Tried for 1 mth and I stopped cause i find the washing 3-4 times a day troublesome and the doctor is kindof unfriendly in explaining to you. :roll:

Only good thing maybe is the cost. I remember first time is only 60+ compare to other derm and GP which might be more ex.

Right now I am going for another derm which costs much more but at least I am seeing results.

Comment

verda>> hi so which derm did u go now and where is it . how much do they charge too?

Comment

Haven't personally tried out the cream/cleansers, but have had many friends who've seen results after they went there...
                I think initially there'll be in increase in the oiliness and maybe redness, as the skin renews itself, coz of exfoliation and all that jazz....but really have seen great improvements in my friends.

As mentioned by Verda, their prices at Punggol clinic are pretty ok,compared to this other GP clinic in Bt Timah that really overcharges for simple creams and similar cleansers...many friends also go to this clinic at Bt Timah and I really feel they're getting ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by jers
                  verda>> hi so which derm did u go now and where is it . how much do they charge too?
                  Jers, I went to Dr Joyce Lim @ Paragon(recommended by one of the cotters here).

Price range from 100-300 depending on what she prescribed for you. Visits to her is mostly once a month or once in 2 months.

So far I seen her twice and my bf commented that my blemishes at my chest/neck area seems to be lighter.

Comment

I'm currently seeing the Dr at Punggol Clinic, i must say he's a very arrogant doctor and i always end up talking back and arguing with him. His pills seem to be working though so i think i might go back to him. He hasn't given me any cream yet cos' he wants my pimples to clear before he'll give me something to rid the scars

Comment

I cannot stand the Dr from punggol clinic, he kept repeating himself to every single patient, like don't use blotting papers, don't use toner....
                      I went to him a few years back, the cream lost its effect after my second tube, my friend and I experience severe peeling on our faces :piss:

Comment

My sister had really severe acne, really very severe, so much so that her pimples could join force and become one gigantic cos they were growing so closely to one another, she visited the punggol clinic for about 6 months and her face really cleared up, even all the scars are totally gone..and it has been 2 years and no relapse, just the occasional pimples during that time of the month..

i think for this doctor, u must have patience and listen to him... i know of many people who give up halfway but if u perservere like my sister, i believe it should work..

just look at his flawless skin...

Comment

Re: Punggol clinic in Hougang

Originally posted by jers
                          ..but personally i think the doc there is not a derma doc jus a GP but have heard ppl said that the doc there is good in treating skin problems.
                          Hello Jers! Welcome to CC I don't suppose we've met you over at CozyBabes. Do intro yourself when you can.

I haven't been to any skin doctors and by hearing about it for a long while, I believe that consulting a GP will do. My bro used to see one somewhere in Bedok. Basically GPs precribe antibiotics or hormone pills and sometimes some topical cream for the problem areas. Read about all such in these Pinups. HTHs.

Comment

The white cream that the doctor gives, I've found it useful as a night cream when I'm having my monthly breakouts, it heals my skin faster.

Comment

hmmm actually what's the tube of white cream for? it seems like he gives the same cream to everyone? i was given a tube too for my cysts

Comment

Working...
                              X