Dalacin T Topical Lotion & Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dalacin T Topical Lotion & Solution

Dear all, may I know there is any difference between Dalacin T Topical Lotion & Solution? I got this Dalacin T Topical Solution prescribed from doctor this morning. This solution is a bit different from the previous I used - Dalacin T Topical Lotion. This solution is not that creamy as the lotion.

I just afraid that it may too strong for me as I read the instructions from the Lotion - the solution contains more Clindamycin Phospate. Is it correct???

I have no problem of using the lotion. But not sure about the solution....
    Last edited by Shon; 21-04-2004, 02:25 PM.

hey shon..

i'm using dalacin-t too...but mine is in the solution form. Used the lotion form before too. I think both are the same. The clindamycin should be the same in both solution & lotion.

Prefer solution cos it seems to dry faster!

Comment

Is it??? Do u mean the ingredients & the concentration is same for both???

ah, another question: the doctor said that Dalacin T can be used on zits, whiteheads & acnes. How do you use it??? Is it only acne? Last time, I used the lotion for acnes only. :roll:

edit to remove quote
      Last edited by duckiee; 21-04-2004, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Shon, lotion is more suited for dry skin, solution for oily skin. If I am not wrong, there is alcohol present in the solution. But don't quote me, please check the ingredients first.

Comment

Thanks, Vonnie. Yes, the solution contains alcohol. I just wonder : Is the alcohol good for acne-prone & sensitive skin?? :roll:

edit to remove quote
          Last edited by duckiee; 21-04-2004, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shon
            Is it??? Do u mean the ingredients & the concentration is same for both???

ah, another question: the doctor said that Dalacin T can be used on zits, whiteheads & acnes. How do you use it??? Is it only acne? Last time, I used the lotion for acnes only. :roll:
            i think the concentration is the same... all is 1%
            i used it everyday..haha
            for me, it is more on preventing any zits or blackheads/whiteheads rather than healing the zits... so use it on those acne prone area(like the cheeks or forehead)

agree with vonnie. The solution has a strong alcohol smell. Always make my face turn red after applying it. Not sure abt the lotion though.

Comment

So how long a 30ml bottle can last if you use it everyday??

What I am worry is the redness that you mentioned or peeling. Vonnie said Solution is for oily skin. Then, why the alcohol is added to the solution if it will cause redness.... :roll:

edit to remove quote
              Last edited by duckiee; 21-04-2004, 05:35 PM.

Comment

can last me 1 and a half month or 2 months for the 30ml bottle..

the redness last for awhile...usually gone after half an hr or so.
                nah..it doesn't cause my skin to peel.

how much did ya pay for it?

Comment

I think the clinic sells it about S$23+, slight cheaper than Guardian I guess..... How about urs??

So, the redness didn't cause any peeling & irritating feeling?

edit to remove quote
                  Last edited by duckiee; 21-04-2004, 05:35 PM.

Comment

***'s reasonable..used to buy it from a clinic opposite my house for 29 bucks. but soar to 31 after GST hike!

went to a bukit batok clinic instead and bought for 22 only..what a great difference!

the redness didn't cause any peeling for me. think it's because i got oily skin ya?

just can't stand the alochol smell initially. feel so intoxicated. but got used to it

Comment

Oh, I heard my colleague said that she bought from Malaysia. It costs about RM20+ which is much cheaper than in Singapore.... If I find this is good, will buy it from Malaysia next time.

Yes, just open the cover..... very strong alcohol smell..... :puke:

edit to remove quote
                      Last edited by duckiee; 21-04-2004, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I got this from a website.

For patients using the topical solution form of clindamycin:

After washing or shaving, it is best to wait 30 minutes before applying this medicine. The alcohol in it may irritate freshly washed or shaved skin.
                        This medicine contains alcohol and is flammable. Do not use near heat, near open flame, or while smoking .
                        To apply this medicine:
                        This medicine comes in a bottle with an applicator tip, which may be used to apply the medicine directly to the skin. Use the applicator with a dabbing motion instead of a rolling motion (not like a roll-on deodorant, for example). Tilt the bottle and press the tip firmly against your skin. If needed, you can make the medicine flow faster from the applicator tip by slightly increasing the pressure against the skin. If the medicine flows too fast, use less pressure. If the applicator tip becomes dry, turn the bottle upside down and press the tip several times to moisten it.
                        Since this medicine contains alcohol, it will sting or burn. In addition, it has an unpleasant taste if it gets on the mouth or lips. Therefore, do not get this medicine in the eyes, nose, or mouth, or on other mucous membranes . Spread the medicine away from these areas when applying. If this medicine does get in the eyes, wash them out immediately, but carefully, with large amounts of cool tap water. If your eyes still burn or are painful, check with your doctor.
                        It is important that you do not use this medicine more often than your doctor ordered. It may cause your skin to become too dry or irritated.

For patients using the topical suspension form of clindamycin:

Shake well before applying.

Dosing?The dose of topical clindamycin will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label . The following information includes only the average doses of topical clindamycin. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.

The number of doses you use each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you use the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using clindamycin .

For topical dosage forms (gel, solution, and suspension):
                        For acne:
                        Adults and children 12 years of age and over?Apply two times a day to areas affected by acne.
                        Infants and children up to 12 years of age?Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
                        Dalacin /Cleocin T Topical Solution

Comment

wow..gd article. learn more abt this

think if you do not have oily skin, try not to dab it all over the face(like me) just do it on the zits..blackheads. That way, the alcohol will irritate the normal skin zone

i love this product! do wonders for my skin.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the advice. Yes, may I know that it is hygiene to use the applicator to dab on the zits & acnes?? The applicator is a bit different with the lotion one (roller). Last time, I used my finger to roll the lotion out and then applied on the affected areas. Can I use finger / just dab the solution on the affected areas??

edit to remove quote
                            Last edited by duckiee; 21-04-2004, 05:36 PM.

Comment

yeap...i always use the applicator to dab on the pimples. Doesn't affect anything at all. Won't cause new pimples to form.

for this applicator..think it's quite hard to squeeze out the solution with the finger...unlike the roller type.

Comment

Working...
                              X