Beauty Products that don't Test on Animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty Products that don't Test on Animals

Hello, I am using beauty products that don't test on animals... so if anyone knows more, pls add on to this thread! this will help me when I go shopping! thanks!

Common brands found in SG that don't test on animals (based on PETA's listing)
    - Aveda
    - Bobbie Brown
    - The Body Shop
    - Clarins of Paris
    - Clinique
    - Crabtree & Evelyn
    - Dermalogica
    - Dr Hauschka
    - Estee lauder
    - Freeman (strictly vegan products)
    - Liz Claiborne
    - M.A.C
    - Nivea
    - Nu Skin
    - Origins
    - Paul Mitchell
    - Prescriptives
    - Revlon
    - Stila
    - Thursday Plantation
    - Tommy Hilfiger
    - Ultima II

Not in PETA's listing but also don't test on animals
    - Funky Farm
    - Niks Skincare
    - St Ives
    - I Nuovi (local brand)

Common brands found in SG that test on animals (inside PETA's listing)

- Products from P & G ( Pantene, Clairol, Cover Girl, Oil of Olay)
    - johnson & johnson ( includes Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, ROC)
    - Loreal U.S.A - Giorgio Armani, Helena Rubinstein, Lancome, Maybelline, Ralph lauren fragrances, Redken)
    - Colgate-Palmolive (includes Palmolie, Speed Stick)
    - Sally Hansen

====================================

Does anyone know if the following brands test/don't test?

- simple
    - pupa
    - biotherm
    - the natural source

Does anyone know of any japanese/asian brands that do not test on animals?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by wiffy; 01-06-2004, 11:23 AM.

do NOT test on animal
    DDF
    Neostrata

test on animals
    Biotherm (they are part of L'oreal)
    Shiseido

Comment

Hi dsq, could you please do us an intro (about yourself, interests, hobbies) at CozyBabes? Thanks!

Comment

Sorry to ask..

what does it really means by "test on animals"?

Is it meant that the products are not tested on animals or the product does not contain any compounds that came from animals.

Sorry if my question may seem silly

Comment

Originally posted by ArieS
          Sorry to ask..

what does it really means by "test on animals"?

Is it meant that the products are not tested on animals or the product does not contain any compounds that came from animals.

Sorry if my question may seem silly
          it means that the products are not tested on animals. Does not mean that the products do not contain animal-derived ingrediants though. there are also brands like freeman which contain stricly vegan ingrediants and are not tested on animals. Hope this helps
          Last edited by wiffy; 01-06-2004, 11:24 AM.

Comment

These brands might not test on animals but that doesn't mean that the ingredients that they're using have no been tested on animals.

Yes, it is cruel to test on animals but then again, where will medical science now be if not for these testings? Personally, I do think it's a little too much for one to say they avoid animal-testing products and yet eat meat or take medications. After all, the reason why the medications are available to us is because they're proven to be safe from the animals testing.

This is why I'm not a big fan of Peta. I've read several websites that discuss Peta's actions. And even their members starts to question their motives and eventually left the organisation.

Comment

Originally posted by zjaninez
              These brands might not test on animals but that doesn't mean that the ingredients that they're using have no been tested on animals.

Yes, it is cruel to test on animals but then again, where will medical science now be if not for these testings? Personally, I do think it's a little too much for one to say they avoid animal-testing products and yet eat meat or take medications. After all, the reason why the medications are available to us is because they're proven to be safe from the animals testing.

This is why I'm not a big fan of Peta. I've read several websites that discuss Peta's actions. And even their members starts to question their motives and eventually left the organisation.
              for me, the reason is personal. coz i keep hamsters as pets so I don't want to use products that test on them, if it can be avoided. no doubt, animal testing has rendered many products safe for our consumption, and I am definitely grateful for that. however, beauty products that test on animals are something which i can avoid using, as there are alternatives available. to me, it's like taking very small steps each day towards a cause i believe in.

yes peta is extreme and I didn't say I support them. just using their list as a point of reference as they are some guidelines for the companies to adhere to.

anyway, i am just starting this thread so that I know my options when i go shopping - am definitely not asking for any converts here

Comment

The natural source doesn't test on animals.. =P

Comment

Working...
                X