Microdermabrasion at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microdermabrasion at home

if my memory serves me correctly, read in july's edition of ELLE that PX is launching a 3 step home kit which is similar to that of microdermabrasion done in the salons. it's to be used once a week. as advertised, you are supposed to see results (smoother skin....) after the first application. you've to use it consistently for 4-5 weeks. can't remember the details now since i left the magazine with my sis. it's going for $250.

I am really curious about that too! It even comes with a Px timer.

Comment

Interesting interesting. Does it include a diamond polish head?

Comment

hihi all

you can find some information on prescriptives dermapolish below :

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/p...71&origin=bdlp

hope this helps .

Comment

Oh yes read abt this too...Any guinea pig here? Am very curious abt anything to do with microdermabrasion...

Comment

i was wondering as well, if its worth the $250

Comment

Following the link to the Dermapolish writeup, it seems that this set consists of a scrub, a toner and a moisturiser (plus a timer)?

Comment

tried this once. supposed to use this every week but i've missed out on this week.

i didn't bother with the timer coz i had a bit of trouble getting the battery to fit properly. so i used my stopwatch instead. scrubbed my face in a gentle motion for about 45secs. didn't do it any longer coz i was afraid my skin might be a little too sensitive. washed it off. sprayed my face with the mist. then used a little of the barrier cream. face did feel smoother as it would feel after a good scrub. using it once probably won't show much results. will report about a month later. that is, if i remember to use it. :shout:

Comment

Originally posted by michannat

good scrub. using it once probably won't show much results. will report about a month later. that is, if i remember to use it. :shout:
                  I will make it a point to remind you because I'm really curious about this.

Comment

I'm really curious now. What does each of the item suppose to do during the exfoliation process? What resulting in the removal of the dead cells? Sounds like aha-peeling to me :huh:

Comment

do do report on this mich dear! i'm trying to decided between this or La Mer's Refining scrub thingie

Comment

Actually since it's already arrived at our shores, I made it a point to read up the reviews on MUA and they weren't very good. Bummer! :piss:

Comment

blushed, i used la mer's diamond scrub and found it alright. the face definitely did look clearer and fairer. the clays do a good job of getting rid of my facial oil but that resulted in my skin feeling a bit too taut. and it's pricey too!

EL has come up with something similar to PX but it's only one product. under the idealist range. promoted in the latest ELLE singapore. it's about $80+ for this one. less of a hassle compared to PX.

Comment

ok thanks for the recs girls i need a scrub, i'm out of scrubs....

Comment

I haven't tried PX dermapolish yet but for 250 bucks, I'd rather get La Mer's the Refining Facial. The result it gives is almost as good as microdermabrasion. :o:

Comment

Working...
                              X