Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gatineau Skincare

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gatineau Skincare

    Originally posted by soulkitten
    angelstar, forgot to ask you... can share what salon brand you decided to use? thanks!
    i'm using this brand called gatineau. its available at robinsons (centerpoint), watsons at taka, and one or two other locations. but if you're interested in taking a look, i'd recommend you to go the centerpoint branch and request to speak with jasmine.

    cos everytime i go, i ONLY buy from jasmine as she's been doing this line for many many many years. the other SAs for this brand, arent really as experienced, so they just try to push the products, for jasmine, she doesnt make you buy alot of products, just those you need, and she's extremely generous with free gifts.

    gatineau is a french brand, more of a salon line as they dont even have a website. i think their clientele is in general, europeans, and people who actually know it exists cos they dont really promote themselves alot. its not an aromatheraphy line tho. but its got a great range for sensitive/dehydrated skin products, cos honestly, it REALLY works. i've been product hopping for the past 3 years but i think this one just does the trick for me

    i'm not sure what info you want on this line in particular, but if you have specific questions, feel free to ask

  • #2
    Thanks for the recommendation!
    I've always wonder if there's anything good from this brand. But most of the time, i didn't bother to take a look at the products. Because usually, i am quite put off by those potential pushy SAs at the counter... :roll:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mint_infused
      Thanks for the recommendation!
      I've always wonder if there's anything good from this brand. But most of the time, i didn't bother to take a look at the products. Because usually, i am quite put off by those potential pushy SAs at the counter... :roll:
      actually, skincare depends alot on personal preference and the individual's skintype.

      but for me, i do find this brand very effective, as prior to using it, i had sensitive combi/dehydrated skin that was very prone to peeling and reacting. tried alot of brands, clinique, clarins, biotherm, prescription medications after seeing a dermatologist, and tons other, but ever since i've used gatineau (4 months now), my skin is the happiest its been in ages.

      jasmine (the SA i mentioned) is quite nice about giving samples for customers to try, although i do have to say that sometimes they really do run out so its not that they dont want to give you any.

      if you have any particular skincare need, ie. dehydrated skin/pimples/etc, let me know and i can fill you in if i've used a particular product

      Comment


      • #4
        hi angel star!

        may i know what price range are the pdts in??

        Is there any pdt they've got to reduce redness on cheeks? TIA!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by brainspoil
          hi angel star!

          may i know what price range are the pdts in??

          Is there any pdt they've got to reduce redness on cheeks? TIA!
          they have a product called the anti-redness cream which is supposed to de-sensitize the skin. i'm not sure if it helps naturally flushed cheeks tho, but if you're talking about redness as a result of irritated skin, then yes it does.

          for prices, i do apologise cos i cant remember the exact figures off hand, but a general idea would be:

          SOS Stick - $50+
          Pimple Cream - $40+
          Moisturiser - they have different kinds, but for the diffusion range the emulsion is cheaper then the cream (not sure, but around $80) as the cream doubles up as a sunscreen. ($100+)
          Toners - $60+
          Cleansers - $60
          Serums - generally >$100
          Scrubs/Masks - $60-$70

          the prices arent as steep as one would imagine a salon line to be. i get a standard 20% off all products regardless of whether they have the ongoing promotion or not, so its not 'that' pricey for me.

          you can call jasmine at 98552940 (her hp) if you have specific questions you want to ask. she's really nice

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by angelstar
            actually, skincare depends alot on personal preference and the individual's skintype.

            but for me, i do find this brand very effective, as prior to using it, i had sensitive combi/dehydrated skin that was very prone to peeling and reacting. tried alot of brands, clinique, clarins, biotherm, prescription medications after seeing a dermatologist, and tons other, but ever since i've used gatineau (4 months now), my skin is the happiest its been in ages.

            jasmine (the SA i mentioned) is quite nice about giving samples for customers to try, although i do have to say that sometimes they really do run out so its not that they dont want to give you any.

            if you have any particular skincare need, ie. dehydrated skin/pimples/etc, let me know and i can fill you in if i've used a particular product
            Hi, thanks! Would like to hear some recommendations..
            I've got sensitive/combi + dehydration on the outer layer of skin..

            Any recommendation?
            TIA!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mint_infused
              Hi, thanks! Would like to hear some recommendations..
              I've got sensitive/combi + dehydration on the outer layer of skin..

              Any recommendation?
              TIA!
              omg that sounds exactly like what i used to have :p well i still do have, but my skin isnt as sensitive or dehydrated anymore.

              this is what i use.

              the essentials would be the anti-redness cream (to combat the sensitiveness) and the global daily moisturiser (either cream or emulsion form, to combat the dehydrated skin problem). they have the serum from the diffusance range, for super dehydrated areas (areas where you can actually see lines forming cos of excessive dryness, but i dont really like this much cos it feels sticky)

              complementary products would be the cleanser cum makeup remover from the serenite range, as well as the toner from the serenite range. the cleanser/makeup remover is really gentle cos i usually feel this 'raw' kinda feeling in the past when i removed makeup, but this one gives quite a soothing feel.

              btw, check out their sos stick. i love it :D

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for your reply on the price range!
                Btw, what does the SOS stick do??

                Recently i suffered from an allergy which broke me out badly, am still trying to recover...
                Since then my skin has become quite sensitive and i dare not use too much stuff on my face....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by brainspoil
                  Thanks for your reply on the price range!
                  Btw, what does the SOS stick do??

                  Recently i suffered from an allergy which broke me out badly, am still trying to recover...
                  Since then my skin has become quite sensitive and i dare not use too much stuff on my face....
                  SOS stick is anti-bacterial. it's basically a pimple cream, but in a liquid form (it comes in a stick which you roll on your face).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by angelstar
                    omg that sounds exactly like what i used to have :p well i still do have, but my skin isnt as sensitive or dehydrated anymore.

                    this is what i use.

                    the essentials would be the anti-redness cream (to combat the sensitiveness) and the global daily moisturiser (either cream or emulsion form, to combat the dehydrated skin problem). they have the serum from the diffusance range, for super dehydrated areas (areas where you can actually see lines forming cos of excessive dryness, but i dont really like this much cos it feels sticky)

                    complementary products would be the cleanser cum makeup remover from the serenite range, as well as the toner from the serenite range. the cleanser/makeup remover is really gentle cos i usually feel this 'raw' kinda feeling in the past when i removed makeup, but this one gives quite a soothing feel.

                    btw, check out their sos stick. i love it :D
                    Cool! Sounds pretty effective since you've used to have the same prob as myself!
                    But prices seems pretty steep ya? Anyway, if it deliver results, should be a good buy.
                    Thanks for the recommendations again! Shall pop by their counter soon.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mint_infused
                      Cool! Sounds pretty effective since you've used to have the same prob as myself!
                      But prices seems pretty steep ya? Anyway, if it deliver results, should be a good buy.
                      Thanks for the recommendations again! Shall pop by their counter soon.
                      welcome and good luck!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Anyone has any idea on how long Gatineau can last before it expries? I found some Gatineau products at home... Quite a few I must say... Might give them a try. So please tell me if you happen to know. :D

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just wanna ask if Gatineau is still available at Robinsons Centrepoint? Never really seen the counter before...

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X