Green Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Cream

"Green Cream is a high potency retinol that is scientifically formulated to repair sundamage and reverse the effects of aging skin. Green Cream's proprietary delivery mechanism, Green Polymer Cooling Gel (GPCG) allows it to carry one of the highest concentrations of retinol on the market today. The result for users is a younger looking, smoother and more luminous skin."

I recently found out about Green Cream while searching the MUA board for products to treat pigmentation. I read the reviews at MUA and I was quite intrigued at how well the product worked for some. So much so that I am ready to get one myself! I thought some of you might be interested in Green Cream.

They have just started a forum for the Green Cream community and incidentally they had an offer of a free sample of the new GC at 0.9% retinol (previously, they had a 0.6%) for the first 200 people who registered. I signed up and they sent me a sample too. I tried it last night and will post my results here. Has anyone tried it yet?

I'm just ordered a sample pack from Linda Sy - I'm using another brand which has pathetically low retinol (<0.5%) but gave me good results for the first 6 months or so. Now it's peaking so I'm looking for something better. Will update on my results. I'm a big fan of retinol and lactic acid, which my current serum contains but it's really way to expensive for me to keep using it. I'd rather alternate pure retinol and lactic acid at night than have a combination product which doesn't do as much.

Stay tuned!

Comment

I tried a sample of Green Cream a long time ago, had absolutely no effect on my skin, unfortunately. So I didn't buy the full-size.

Comment

Still no drastic peeling today, just some flakes of skin on my nose. Guess my skin is adjusting alright to the 0.9%! May increase my application to twice a week rather than once per week. will decide tomorrow night cos I read that major peeling (if any) only surfaces on the 4th day. But other than that, I've had no tingling feeling, no redness developing, no itching since I've applied GC. I did notice that the 2 small pimples that I had recovered the next morning though.

I've read some good reviews about Linda Sy's Facial lotion with 10% Lactic Acid, I may try that when I place my order. Either that or I may alternate using GC with Paula's Choice 8% AHA.

Some of the girls at MUA were saying that the samples that they've tried were not as potent as the full sized ones in the air tight bottle, having being exposed to the air and light while packaged. They found the full sized ones worked much better than the sample.

The boards at MUA have more reviews when searched under 'green cream', some useful advice too.

Comment

I love lactic acid - I get better results with it than glycolic. I am going to make a comparison of the Linda Sy (ordered one in my sample pack - will look at ingredient list) and the one I'm currently using, and then with the Professional solutions 10% lactic acid off Diana Yvonne (I got the 40% for a peel). The thing about Linda Sy is the ingredients are not listed on the website, and I don't buy full-sizes unless I know exactly what I'm putting on my face. I like clean formulations with no extraneous ingredients. Most products on the market do too much.

Retinol isn't a very potent retinoid. As long as you start slow and build up tolerance, you should not have severe peeling/redness. I'm very psyched about it and want to start soon. I can probably go on alternate days with the 10% lactic acid directly.

I also read your routine on the Green Cream forum - as Kevin said it's great if you feel fine on so many products, but I don't suggest it. Retinol itself is a potent antioxidant, and using it with vitamin C isn't really synergistic. Skin only has so much regenerative potential. I also wouldn't focus so much on whitening products. But that's just my .02 - if you love your routine and it works for you, it's great. I just wouldn't mess with such potent products all at once.

Comment

Hey, i don't know if this is enough, but these are the ingredients for Linda Sy's Lactic Acid 10% lotion - Purified water, Lactic Acid, Montmorillonite clay, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Thanks for the advice those just happened to be the other stuff that i've been using until the GC sample came along last week. I don't particularly love the routine, it's just a problem with getting/trying too much stuff. Heh heh. If GC turns out well, I'd be happy to stop using the rest when i finish them. At the moment i'm using Fancl's white essence SP, Fancl white advance supplements, Cosme Decorte Fresh concentrate, Shiseido bio-performance eye cream & neutrogena on the spot. I'd like to be able to just use GC & alternate with a chemical exfoliant.

Was just touching my nose and it feels so smooth all of a sudden. Could that have been GC - results so soon?

wow - 40% peel - potent

Comment

Thank you! These seem better than the Professional Solutions 10% lactic acid - I don't like propylene glycol, which is the second ingredient in the formulation. It's a humectant, but not the best out there and I use pure hyaluronic acid anyways so I don't want that. The montmorillonite clay seems to have good properties.

I think for young skin if you can tolerate GC you can alternate it with the 10% lactic acid. If you still need to then spot treat with the BPO but with the exfoliation and regeneration you probably won't need to. I am not a fan of spot treating, because you induce inflammation and may damage healthy skin around the area you're spot treating. If you want to use vitamin C, I suggest you use it in the AM. I have switched to polyphenols in green or red tea due to stability issues and irritation though.

With these exfoliants you probably won't need the whitening products you're using now. They aren't that potent, and seriously, only three whitening agents are clinically proven to work. All the hype in Japanese products are all in house studies done by no other than the companies themselves. Sample population probably is pathetically small. I don't usually consider any studies with less than 100 test subjects, though skincare studies are much smaller.

But I digress, so I shall stop. Hopefully I can update in a week or two.

Comment

ho ho ho, looking forward to being pleasantly surprised by GC and also saving more money will keep you updated.

Comment

I have taken a look at the ingredient lists, and unfortunately it's not what I'm looking for. I prefer cleaner formulations with a high concentration of active ingredients that is compatible with my skin type, and I have already found lactic acid and retinol to be sufficient for my purposes. I merely need to increase the concentration I am using for even better results that I have had. My skin is relatively good. I'm just looking for something better. Thank you for your recommendation.

Comment

Oh, nevermind, the message has been deleted. I hope it wasn't an effort at advertising.

I've just applied GC again, this time on its own. Applied a little on the eye area too. Am excited to see how GC works for you

Comment

Re: Green Cream Retinol Treatment

Originally posted by wonderkid
                      "Green Cream is a high potency retinol that is scientifically formulated to repair sundamage and reverse the effects of aging skin. Green Cream's proprietary delivery mechanism, Green Polymer Cooling Gel (GPCG) allows it to carry one of the highest concentrations of retinol on the market today. The result for users is a younger looking, smoother and more luminous skin."

I recently found out about Green Cream while searching the MUA board for products to treat pigmentation. I read the reviews at MUA and I was quite intrigued at how well the product worked for some. So much so that I am ready to get one myself! I thought some of you might be interested in Green Cream.

They have just started a forum for the Green Cream community and incidentally they had an offer of a free sample of the new GC at 0.9% retinol (previously, they had a 0.6%) for the first 200 people who registered. I signed up and they sent me a sample too. I tried it last night and will post my results here. Has anyone tried it yet?
                      wow seems cool. how much will it cost for the full bottle? ***** only available oversea?

Comment

hi earthy you can get this online from Linda Sy. It's USD40 for the 0.6%. You can order the 0.9% by phone (if you have been using retinoids for some time) and it costs USD50. Both are 1oz=28g

Comment

I tried the 0.6% GC for the first time last night. My skin is pretty used to retinol and acids, so no tingling at all, and no peeling this morning. Skin feels smooth, tight, incredibly hydrated without moisturiser and I believe I can just use it every 3 days or so rather than weekly. Will update on the results.

Not so impressed with the lactic acid. Smells like sour milk - it's so bad it's not funny. The oatmeal cleanser is ok but smells too much like oatmeal - strange complaint I know.

Comment

nice that you can increase on the frequency cos the 0.9% GC is working nicely on my skin even though i only use it 2x per week. so far i've used it twice on my eye area too and my skin is looking and feeling better and better still no major peeling, just flaking, not overly scary.

Comment

I couldn't bear it anymore and spot treated the huge zit I've been sporting ever since I came back from Australia a week ago. While BPO didn't work, this did and it's almost gone now. I don't believe in miracle treatments, so while it's still there I think the healing properties are quite remarkable overnight. I think I'll use it again tonight to make sure there are results and order the full size tomorrow. I have been using retinoids for over 6 months (0.05%) so while it's not strong, my face is very used to it. BPO just made my skin red and inflammed.

Comment

Working...
                              X