Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pimples that won't go away

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pimples that won't go away

    Recently I noticed there were few soon-to-be-pimple bumps around my cheek and chin area. I applied Neutrogena On-The-Spot religiously every night and after 2-3 days the bumps are not so obvious anymore. BUT ... I can still feel the bumps inside and they're quite big! Also the skin color on that place is still reddish How to remove these bumps once and for all?
    Last edited by dolphin; 18-08-2004, 08:40 AM.

  • #2
    Based on my limited knowledge, I feel that it is never good to put those spot treatment on these pimples unless the pus are all extracted out. The spot treatment will only flatten the pimple but all the pus will still be embedded inside the skin.

    Maybe you can go for facial and ask the facialist to extract them out for you? I know IPL will also help but it is going to costs a lot!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fornight
      Based on my limited knowledge, I feel that it is never good to put those spot treatment on these pimples unless the pus are all extracted out. The spot treatment will only flatten the pimple but all the pus will still be embedded inside the skin.

      Maybe you can go for facial and ask the facialist to extract them out for you? I know IPL will also help but it is going to costs a lot!
      Yikes! This is not good I thought the spot treatment will 'ripen' the pimples faster Not keen on doing extraction because it means must poke the skin quite deep to get it out. Afraid will have scar afterwards. Maybe if I don't do anything they will come out eventually

      Thank's a lot fornight!

      Comment


      • #4
        Some dermatologists do injections that the pimples. But it's very very expensive!

        Comment


        • #5
          I hate needles. Even for facial I always ask for extraction using fingers.

          Update: this morning one of the bumps on my right chin is smaller. Hmmm ... could it be because I used Neutrogena mask yesterday?

          Comment


          • #6
            Hmm...maybe go see a dermatologist about it? My facialist always wont extract those "headless" pimples aka pimples in which u can feel the bump but not see it....

            Comment


            • #7
              I get them everytime! It's just bumps and it goes reddish brown! After piling on pimple cream and the bump subsides, the scar is there. Didn't even touch it!

              Comment


              • #8
                I have 3 on the nose 2 on the chin they just don't go away.... and according to my facialist, she says they move around and I was surprised that she knew it because I thought it was my own imagination that those darn things move ard the face... and apparently I have to squeeze them out so as to get rid of the pus else they'll just continue to leave scars ard the nose area... I HATE PIMPLES!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  But how to squeeze them? The only way to do it is to poke them with needles to make openings. But that may result in scar I'm thinking of Differin, maybe it can bring out the puss.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    For me, i use BHA cream to treat those stubborn pimples. Although it takes longer times to disappear, I don't need to squeeze them. Just be patient ....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      the injections the doctor give you is a cortizon shot i believe. but personally i think its quite extreme to get a jab because of a zit.

                      i have had a couple of these, and please, do NOT squeeze them, unless you can really see the head. otherwise, you might really be pushing it deeper, which isnt good. i learnt it from trial and error, cos couple of months ago, i had like THREE of them side by side and when i squeezed them (head wasnt visible), i think the 'seed' wasnt totally removed, so it was still like swollen. and cos i kept bugging it, the blood was like clogged beneath the skin (from too much irritation) and i ended up with like a huge bump on my cheek, that was like those brownish pimple scars. ended up, i had to go to my facialist to fix it.

                      what can be done is to just treat it like you would do with any normal pimple. let the pus and stuff inside dry up first, before attempting to extract it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I dun know how much it will help you but for me, applying merely with hazeline cream, it does.

                        else, I will just leave it alone and it will go off in no time.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          HELP ME!

                          I HAVE A VERY SENSITIVE PUMPLE ZONE.. on safe days they are fine.. but when i tried on products that i can't get use to or i ate anything not right or dirty.. that same spot on my right cheek will erupt with 1 or 2 huge pimple... ALWAYS THE SAME SPOT!!! no where else... on days when theres no pimples, this same spot will just have red blurred patch that u'd know they will come back.. HOW???

                          anyone can help>?? i thought cheeks are the last place to have breakouts????

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by angelstar
                            the injections the doctor give you is a cortizon shot i believe. but personally i think its quite extreme to get a jab because of a zit.
                            That's what I used to think until I had a huge zit that sat on my jaw for 8 weeks! The cortisone jab got rid of the redness and swelling within 3 days. 8 weeks is my all time record, this is the kind of record that I hope I never break!

                            angie

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: HELP ME!

                              Originally posted by SMOKEYeyes
                              I HAVE A VERY SENSITIVE PUMPLE ZONE.. on safe days they are fine.. but when i tried on products that i can't get use to or i ate anything not right or dirty.. that same spot on my right cheek will erupt with 1 or 2 huge pimple... ALWAYS THE SAME SPOT!!! no where else... on days when theres no pimples, this same spot will just have red blurred patch that u'd know they will come back.. HOW???

                              anyone can help>?? i thought cheeks are the last place to have breakouts????
                              eruptions on the exact same spot, might be because the 'seed' of the original pimple hasnt been removed completely, so the bacteria/whatever it is, is still there, which makes it flare up again in the same spot repeatedly.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X