Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combi Skin with Dehydrated Cheeks

hi ladies!

i've pretty sensitive (such that it itches 1min after applying something unsuitable), dehydrated and oily (so oily i can fry an egg by mid-day in an air-con office) skin.

been trying so many brands for years but never found one which is suitable. almost on the verge of giving up.

anyone here has the same problems and managed to find any products or brands which works??

I feel your pain Skin that's dehydrated and oily at the same time is no fun. I used to have skin that was flaky and peeling AND oily too. I've been using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and Clinique Moisture Surge Extra and my skin behaves better now... no more flakes and not as oily either. Moisture Surge is really good, cos it hydrates but doesn't add more grease. HTH!

Comment

when my skin is really hydrated, i use chanel hydraserum

else normally i just load it up with some aesop mandarin hydrating cream

actually if ur skin is having problems, it is wise to look at your diet as well

i believe in " u are what you eat"

good luck!

Comment

2nd the rec for Cetaphil cleanser, it's very gentle. For moisturizer, try Cetaphil lotion or cream. If Cetaphil moisturizer is too rich, Physiogel cream is also pretty good. Drinking lots of water & taking flax seed oil helps with the dehydration and for the oily skin, the only thing that works for me are blotters.

HTH!

angie

Comment

saluki, does your dehyrated skin appear to peel / flakes after u put on makeup for a while? for that u should use a creamy lotion to protect the dehydrated skin layer first, after that wash off, and use a deep cleanser to combat the oil n dirt. it is a step more troublesome but you should see improvement in that your makeup stays on longer, n skin doesn't peel easily.

Comment

Seems like the Cetaphil cleanser is quite highly recommended. Think I'll try that once I finish my current Clarins cleanser for oily skin. My colleague had told me Clarins is quite gentle so decided to try it out about a month or so ago. Not too bad but does leave my skin a little tight at times.

Moisture Surge Extra. Sounds really good! I'm so looking for a great hydrator for my face but most lotions or creams are so oily. Gives me a breakout while making it hydrated. :piss: But cos of my sensitive skin, I'm worried about it acting up. Any has a sample of it that I can try out? Cos I dont wanna plonk down a sum of $$ on something excitedly, only to have it wreck up my skin.

Will go check out the other moisturizers mentioned too. Thanx a lot for the recommendations gals.

Comment

Saluki, i have skin like yours - other than trying the Cetaphil from pharmacy, you might want to try Cetaphil for oily skin. This is a clear face wash ( unlike the creamier white one that is for normal and dry skin ). I didnt like the feeling of a layer of film on my face from the normal Cetaphil and it didnt get rid of all my oil. The Cetaphil for oil senstive skin really helped me - well to a certain extend.

hth

Comment

Hi where can you get the Cetaphil cleansers? don't seem to be able to find it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ginger
                  Hi where can you get the Cetaphil cleansers? don't seem to be able to find it. Thanks!
                  U can get it at all watson, guardian pharmacy etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bashful_1119
                    U can get it at all watson, guardian pharmacy etc.
                    Thanks my dear!

Comment

Re: Products for Sensitive, Dehydrated & Oily skin

Originally posted by saluki
                      hi ladies!

i've pretty sensitive (such that it itches 1min after applying something unsuitable), dehydrated and oily (so oily i can fry an egg by mid-day in an air-con office) skin.

been trying so many brands for years but never found one which is suitable. almost on the verge of giving up.

anyone here has the same problems and managed to find any products or brands which works??
                      i have sensitive/combi skin...red and blotchy and itchy type, and i find that Dermalogica's Soothing Protection Spray and Gentle Soothing Booster help a lot. Used to depend so much on the booster, but now i hardly needs it anymore, guess my condition is so much under control.

Comment

Originally posted by snowstar
                        Saluki, i have skin like yours - other than trying the Cetaphil from pharmacy, you might want to try Cetaphil for oily skin. This is a clear face wash ( unlike the creamier white one that is for normal and dry skin ). I didnt like the feeling of a layer of film on my face from the normal Cetaphil and it didnt get rid of all my oil. The Cetaphil for oil senstive skin really helped me - well to a certain extend.

hth
                        hi snowstar,

have gone to Guardian just now to search for the Cetaphil cleanser. They only seem to stock the normal blue bottle in 2 sizes, and a cleansing soap bar, which I assume were for all skin types. When I asked the SA if they have one for oily skin, they said nope. Even told me they've never heard of one for oily skin.

So now I'm a little confused. Where did u get your Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin?

Comment

Re: Re: Products for Sensitive, Dehydrated & Oily skin

Originally posted by tane
                          i have sensitive/combi skin...red and blotchy and itchy type, and i find that Dermalogica's Soothing Protection Spray and Gentle Soothing Booster help a lot. Used to depend so much on the booster, but now i hardly needs it anymore, guess my condition is so much under control.
                          wow. Great to hear that your condition is so much better now. I pray for the day when I can say that as well. Just curious, how does the booster work and what is it supposed to do for the skin?

Comment

saluki, not many places carry Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin, in fact, i've never seen in sg ... i bought mine from Guardian in KL.

I find that it will still dehydrate my skin, so i passed the cleanser to my cousin, who has oily w/o sensitivity, it works fine for her. HTHs.
                            Last edited by huili; 19-05-2004, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by saluki

So now I'm a little confused. Where did u get your Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin?
                              I saw cetaphil cleanser for oily skin at KK women hospital pharmacy.

Comment

Working...
                              X